|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of skills does Tesla say he learned from his father?
2. What about himself does Tesla say led to his success?
3. Why did Tesla think people should have free access to addictive substances?
4. Why did Tesla refrain from caffeine?
5. Why did Tesla say most people lacked a certain ability?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of aversions did Tesla have in his early years?
2. What happened when Tesla started reading Voltaire?
3. What did Tesla say was the purpose of an inventor?
4. How was Tesla able to catch crows?
5. Why was Tesla's father not more excited about his success at the school?
6. What did Tesla choose to work on after he recovered from his breakdown in Prague?
7. How did Tesla respond to the hallucinations he had as a child?
8. What weapons was Tesla good at using?
9. Why did Tesla decide to get his first job?
10. How was Tesla able to repair his reputation in the town of Gospic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that people involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four of these people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the others around them.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)