|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Tesla when he graduated from The Real Gymnasium?
2. How did Tesla classify his age while writing this book?
3. When did Tesla begin banishing bad visions?
4. What law did Tesla deride?
5. Where did Tesla grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of school did Tesla attend? Why?
2. What did Tesla's father do to help him hone his skill?
3. How was Tesla able to repair his reputation in the town of Gospic?
4. What did Tesla say about the Gramme dynamo, and what was his professor's response to this?
5. Why was Tesla's father not more excited about his success at the school?
6. What did Tesla say he got from his mother?
7. What did Tesla choose to work on after he recovered from his breakdown in Prague?
8. What did Tesla say was the purpose of an inventor?
9. What gave Tesla a bad reputation in Gospic?
10. How did Tesla respond to the hallucinations he had as a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the biography change the style of the narration?
Essay Topic 2
What celebrity did Tesla get most excited about meeting? Why? What happened after this meeting took place?
Essay Topic 3
How did Tesla feel about education? What effects did his feelings have on his life and his career?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)