|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tesla's father want him to become after going to the higher school?
2. What magazine asked Tesla to write?
3. What undermined Tesla's confidence while growing up?
4. What does Tesla dream up while traveling for a year?
5. What was the occupation of Tesla's uncle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of hallucinations did Tesla have as a child?
2. What weapons was Tesla good at using?
3. What did Tesla do when he suddenly figured out how to create his induction motor?
4. What does Tesla tell his uncle about Niagara Falls?
5. What kind of school did Tesla attend? Why?
6. What happened when Tesla started reading Voltaire?
7. What did Tesla choose to work on after he recovered from his breakdown in Prague?
8. How was Tesla able to catch crows?
9. How did Tesla respond to the hallucinations he had as a child?
10. What did Tesla say about the Gramme dynamo, and what was his professor's response to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Freedom was a crucial theme and symbol in this book. How was this theme presented, and how did its place in this plot affect the main people in Tesla's life?
Essay Topic 2
What inventions of Tesla are still affecting us today? How?
Essay Topic 3
Tesla and Edison were two very similar people. Yet, they had some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite for support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two inventors.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)