|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit did Tesla overcome?
2. What talent did Tesla suppress at a young age?
3. What did Tesla first try to create with a vacuum?
4. What did Tesla suffer as a child?
5. How did Tesla describe the house he lived in after healing from his illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of aversions did Tesla have in his early years?
2. Why did Tesla decide to get his first job?
3. How does the induction motor work?
4. What did Tesla always do before eating?
5. How and where did Tesla get his first job?
6. What weapons was Tesla good at using?
7. What dangerous trick did Tesla once pull on his friends?
8. What did Tesla say he got from his mother?
9. What did Tesla do when he suddenly figured out how to create his induction motor?
10. Why did Tesla choose to write about his childhood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the biography change the style of the narration?
Essay Topic 2
What obstacles did Tesla face in the progression of his career, and what did he do to get past them? How did this change his outlook on life?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that people involved in those scenes?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)