|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tesla go after finishing his first transmitter?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
2. What did Edison call his offer to Tesla?
(a) An impossible feat.
(b) A warranted fee.
(c) A ridiculous mistake.
(d) A practical joke.
3. Where did Tesla build his prototype transmitter?
(a) His office.
(b) His bathroom.
(c) A mountain top.
(d) A laboratory.
4. What had just ended when Tesla was writing this book?
(a) The Depression.
5. Which of Tesla's inventions was first given support?
(a) The induction motor.
(b) The magnetic field motor.
(c) The perpetual motion machine.
(d) The arc lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Germany was Tesla sent while working in Paris?
2. How did Tesla describe humans?
3. Who planned to back Tesla's transmitter?
4. How did Tesla get the money to move somewhere to launch his invention?
5. What problem did Tesla run into when first manufacturing his induction motors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of devices did Tesla think could utilize the transmitter?
2. How did Tesla explain the vision he had of his mother as she was dying?
3. How did Tesla feel about the League of Nations, and why?
4. What were some of the potential uses of Tesla's transmitter?
5. What did the Tesla Coil do?
6. What happened when some Americans in Paris first offered to back Tesla's motor invention?
7. How did Tesla hope to prevent wars in the future?
8. What did the diagram in Chapter 5 describe?
9. How did Tesla think war would be different in the future and why?
10. Why did Tesla stop working for Edison?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)