|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Charles Batchellor work for?
(a) Henry Ford.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) Nikola Tesla.
(d) Mr. Puskas.
2. How did Tesla explain a vision he saw of his mother as she was dying?
(a) He had read a letter from her earlier that day.
(b) It was like a painting he had seen.
(c) He had heard a song she sung.
(d) She came to him in spirit.
3. Where did Tesla move to after living in Prague?
(d) St. Petersburg.
4. Whom did Tesla defend at the end of Chapter 5?
(b) The media men.
(c) His partner.
(d) J.P. Morgan.
5. What kind of area was the transmitter to be used in?
(a) Humid areas.
(b) Dry areas.
(c) Dense areas.
(d) Open areas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tesla go after finishing his first transmitter?
2. Why did Tesla's transmitter backer withdraw their support?
3. What did Tesla get bogged down by while trying to create a great invention?
4. What kind of machine did Tesla want to make to mimic humans?
5. How did Tesla plan to control the machine that mimicked humans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Tesla stop working for Edison?
2. How did Bauzin try to help Tesla?
3. What did Tesla do when he created the Tesla Electric Company?
4. What did Tesla say was different about his transmitter?
5. How did Tesla feel about the League of Nations, and why?
6. What happened when Tesla tried to get approval for a light fixture at the company in Strassburg?
7. Where did Tesla think his remote control technology would be best utilized?
8. What kind of machine did Tesla hope to make based on his theory of outward stimuli?
9. How did Tesla explain the vision he had of his mother as she was dying?
10. What happened when some Americans in Paris first offered to back Tesla's motor invention?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)