|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who funded the production of Tesla's induction motors?
(a) J.P. Morgan.
(b) The Tesla Machine Company.
(c) Henry Ford.
(d) The Westinghouse Corporation.
2. What did Tesla describe in Chapter 5?
(a) His design for the new transmitter.
(b) His sources of inspiration.
(c) His daily schedule.
(d) His plan for the future.
3. What was never completed for Tesla's transmitter?
(a) The batteries.
(b) The dual transmitter.
(c) The power voltage units.
(d) The tower.
4. Why did Tesla say most people would never be able to explain strange experiences?
(a) They did not observe their thoughts.
(b) They were too quick to judge.
(c) All of these.
(d) They were not educated.
5. Where did Tesla move to after living in Prague?
(b) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Tesla Coil control?
2. What was Tesla's next step in development after the remote control technology came about?
3. What did Tesla get bogged down by while trying to create a great invention?
4. What form was this book originally written in?
5. What did Tesla predict for the future at the end of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Tesla say the idea for most of his inventions came from?
2. What were some of the potential uses of Tesla's transmitter?
3. How far reaching would the transmitter's field reach, according to Tesla?
4. What are teleautomatics?
5. What kind of devices did Tesla think could utilize the transmitter?
6. What did Tesla do when he created the Tesla Electric Company?
7. What did Tesla do in his free time while in Strassburg?
8. Why did Tesla choose to move to New York?
9. Why did Tesla say his transmitter was never completed?
10. How did Tesla hope to prevent wars in the future?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)