|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tesla think there was an obvious use for his remote controlled technology?
2. What did Edison call his offer to Tesla?
(a) An impossible feat.
(b) A practical joke.
(c) A warranted fee.
(d) A ridiculous mistake.
3. What did Tesla construct while he was in Germany?
(a) A brushless ignitor.
(b) The induction motor.
(c) A model for the telephone.
(d) A platform for his magnets.
4. What kind of transmitter was Tesla working on when he wrote this book?
5. What did Tesla describe getting permission to install?
(a) A doorknob.
(b) A door bell.
(c) A light fixture.
(d) A window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who planned to back Tesla's transmitter?
2. What had just ended when Tesla was writing this book?
3. What was new about Tesla's remote controlled device?
4. How was Tesla received when he first tried to sell his remote control technology?
5. Which of Tesla's inventions was first given support?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tesla hope to change the desert with his transmitter?
2. How did Tesla think war would be different in the future and why?
3. Why did Tesla choose to move to New York?
4. Why did Tesla say his transmitter was never completed?
5. How far reaching would the transmitter's field reach, according to Tesla?
6. What happened when some Americans in Paris first offered to back Tesla's motor invention?
7. What were some of the potential uses of Tesla's transmitter?
8. Who is Charles Batchellor?
9. What kind of devices did Tesla think could utilize the transmitter?
10. How did Tesla hope to prevent wars in the future?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)