|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Charles Batchellor's occupation?
2. Whom did Charles Batchellor work for?
(a) Nikola Tesla.
(b) Henry Ford.
(c) Mr. Puskas.
(d) Thomas Edison.
3. What form was this book originally written in?
(b) Short stories.
(d) Journal entries.
4. What was Tesla's next step in development after the remote control technology came about?
(a) To extend the range.
(b) To make it accessible.
(c) To market it.
(d) To lighten the load.
5. What state held Tesla's first transmitter?
6. What did Tesla call the field created by his transmitter?
(a) World Wireless Net.
(b) World System.
(c) World Wireless System
(d) World Wide Web.
7. What was Mr. Puskas's occupation?
8. Who funded the production of Tesla's induction motors?
(a) Henry Ford.
(b) J.P. Morgan.
(c) The Westinghouse Corporation.
(d) The Tesla Machine Company.
9. What did Tesla hope to perpetuate with his inventions?
10. How did Tesla plan to control the machine that mimicked humans?
(a) With tracks and currents.
(b) With outward stimuli.
(c) With computed instructions.
(d) All of these.
11. Where did Tesla first try to sell his remote control technology?
(a) The military.
(c) The phone company.
(d) The government.
12. What did Edison call his offer to Tesla?
(a) A ridiculous mistake.
(b) A warranted fee.
(c) A practical joke.
(d) An impossible feat.
13. What kind of transmitter was Tesla working on when he wrote this book?
14. What did Tesla describe getting permission to install?
(a) A doorknob.
(b) A door bell.
(c) A light fixture.
(d) A window.
15. Why did Tesla quit working for Edison?
(a) There was a dispute over pay.
(b) Edison refused to see Tesla's induction motor idea.
(c) Edison insulted Tesla.
(d) Tesla insulted him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tesla think there was an obvious use for his remote controlled technology?
2. How big did Tesla say the field from his transmitter could be?
3. Where did Tesla finally go to launch his great invention?
4. What did Tesla get bogged down by while trying to create a great invention?
5. What was never completed for Tesla's transmitter?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)