|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tesla say inspired his earlier inventions?
(a) Old paintings.
(b) Lectures from his father.
(d) Existing devices.
2. Why did Tesla quit working for Edison?
(a) There was a dispute over pay.
(b) Edison insulted Tesla.
(c) Tesla insulted him.
(d) Edison refused to see Tesla's induction motor idea.
3. How big did Tesla say the field from his transmitter could be?
(a) Up to one thousand feet.
(b) Up to one mile.
4. Who tried to find support for Tesla while he was in Germany?
(a) A banker.
(b) A businessman.
(c) Henry Ford.
(d) The mayor.
5. What was forming while Tesla was writing this book?
(a) The Green Berets.
(b) The Leaguge of Nations.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The Presidential Cabinet.
6. Which of these did Telsa hope his transmitter could control?
(a) The water levels.
(b) The economy.
(c) The weather.
(d) The earth's temperature.
7. What did Tesla say would make future wars horrific?
8. What did Tesla say was the cause of war?
(a) Altering levels of power.
(b) The differences in people.
(c) Past calamities.
9. What did Tesla get bogged down by while trying to create a great invention?
(a) Copyrights and patents.
(b) Financial problems.
(d) A lack of time.
10. What kind of transmitter was Tesla working on when he wrote this book?
11. Where did Tesla think there was an obvious use for his remote controlled technology?
12. What did Tesla think would power the humanoid machine?
(b) Solar power.
(d) The World Wirless System.
13. Why did Tesla move to Paris?
(a) The woman he loved moved there.
(b) He was offered a job there.
(c) His parents asked him to move there.
(d) He hoped to see Edison while there.
14. What kind of device did Tesla say his transmitter could control?
(a) Anything that uses wires.
(b) Anything that is metallic.
(c) All of these.
(d) Anything that uses electricity.
15. How did Tesla feel about moving to Paris?
(a) He was indifferent.
(b) He was nervous.
(c) He was eager to do so.
(d) He was confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Tesla indispensible to the company he worked for in Paris?
2. What did the Tesla Coil control?
3. How did Tesla describe humans?
4. What kind of machine did Tesla want to make to mimic humans?
5. What did Tesla think his humanoid machine could come to have?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)