|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Tesla begin banishing bad visions?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His adult years.
(c) His college years.
(d) His teenage years.
2. What smell did Tesla hate?
3. What magazine asked Tesla to write?
(a) Electrical Engineers.
(b) Engineering Weekly.
(c) Electrical Experimenter.
(d) Experimental Electrics.
4. What did Tesla accidentally remove from a woman's dress?
(a) A lace trim.
(b) Some jewels.
(c) The hem.
(d) The train.
5. How did Tesla feel about his time in The Real Gymnasium?
(a) He loved it more than anything.
(b) He endured it.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He enjoyed it.
6. What habit did Tesla overcome?
(a) All of these.
7. What did Tesla do when he fell ill after graduating from The Real Gymnasium?
(a) Read books.
(b) Talked to his mother.
(c) Listened to the radio.
(d) Practiced drawing.
8. How did Tesla test the machines he invented?
(a) He would listen to the gears turning.
(b) He would run water through it first.
(c) He would feel the machine as it moved.
(d) He would run them in his imagination.
9. What ability did Tesla say most people lacked?
(c) Self calming.
(d) True prayer.
10. What about himself does Tesla say led to his success?
(a) His determination.
(b) His parental support.
(c) All of these.
(d) His physiology.
11. How did Tesla feel about writing about his childhood?
12. What kind of gem did Tesla hate?
(d) All of these.
13. Tesla attributed his creativity to _________________.
(a) His brother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
14. What almost caused Tesla to quit his studies at the Polytechnic School?
(a) His teachers's suggestions.
(b) The bullying he received there.
(c) His illnesses.
(d) His father's lack of encouragement.
15. Who at the magazine asked Tesla to write?
(a) The reporters.
(b) The owner.
(c) The editors.
(d) The typesetter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Tesla when he graduated from The Real Gymnasium?
2. What distracted Tesla as a child?
3. What did Tesla's father want him to become after going to the higher school?
4. What was Tesla unable to do while at the Polytechnic School?
5. Why did Tesla refrain from caffeine?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)