|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tesla say caused his visions?
(c) External stimulants.
(d) Bad memories.
2. Why did Tesla suppress a talent at a young age?
(a) His father was sick.
(b) Other children laughed at him.
(c) He never succeeded.
(d) His brother died.
3. What did Tesla suffer as a child?
(c) Several severe illnesses.
(d) Mental strains.
4. What undermined Tesla's confidence while growing up?
(a) Not respecting his father.
(b) Living in the shadow of his brother.
(c) Never having enough money.
(d) Caring about his self image too much.
5. What did Tesla say about his physical age while writing this book?
(a) It fluctuated all the time.
(b) It was much younger than his actual age.
(c) It was right in line with his actual age.
(d) It was much older than his actual age.
6. What allowed Tesla to see inherent dangers?
(a) His experiene.
(b) His intellect.
(c) His voices.
(d) His observation.
7. What devastated Tesla's parents when he was young?
(a) His brother died.
(b) They were kicked out of their house.
(c) Tesla stopped inventing.
(d) His father lost his job.
8. What magazine asked Tesla to write?
(a) Electrical Engineers.
(b) Electrical Experimenter.
(c) Experimental Electrics.
(d) Engineering Weekly.
9. When did Tesla begin banishing bad visions?
(a) His college years.
(b) His adult years.
(c) His teenage years.
(d) His childhood.
10. What is the Gramme dynamo?
(a) An institute of study.
(b) A hard metal.
(c) A book.
(d) A motor.
11. What did Tesla make from wood as a boy?
(b) Mini cars.
12. What did Tesla do when he fell ill after graduating from The Real Gymnasium?
(a) Listened to the radio.
(b) Read books.
(c) Talked to his mother.
(d) Practiced drawing.
13. What distracted Tesla as a child?
(a) Loud noises.
(b) Strange patterns.
(d) Bright lights.
14. What did Professor Poeschl teach?
(a) Chromatic Chemistry.
(b) Experimental Physics.
(c) Advanced Trigonometry.
15. What habit did Tesla overcome?
(a) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tesla's father react to his high marks at the Polytechnic School?
2. Professor Poeschl was from ______________.
3. How did Tesla's father make him use his mind as a child?
4. What did Tesla hope to be able to control?
5. What did Tesla say would cure him while he was sick at the higher school?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)