|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tesla's father's occupation?
(a) Factory worker.
(c) Ship captain.
2. What did Tesla do to avoid his distractions as a child?
(a) Drew patterns that he saw.
(b) Made special glasses.
(c) Wore ear muffs.
(d) Made up new images.
3. What did Tesla do when he fell ill after graduating from The Real Gymnasium?
(a) Talked to his mother.
(b) Practiced drawing.
(c) Read books.
(d) Listened to the radio.
4. What law did Tesla deride?
(b) The Stamp Tax.
5. What did Tesla repair that made him a favorite in the town of Gospic?
(a) A coffee dispenser.
(b) A cotton gin.
(c) A fire engine.
(d) A vacuum.
6. What ability did Tesla have no talent for in The Real Gymnasium?
7. What devastated Tesla's parents when he was young?
(a) They were kicked out of their house.
(b) Tesla stopped inventing.
(c) His father lost his job.
(d) His brother died.
8. What did Tesla make from wood as a boy?
(c) Mini cars.
9. What did Tesla say about his physical age while writing this book?
(a) It fluctuated all the time.
(b) It was much younger than his actual age.
(c) It was right in line with his actual age.
(d) It was much older than his actual age.
10. Which of these did Tesla refrain from drinking?
(b) Fresh juices.
11. What famous author did Tesla get to meet as an adult?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) Louisa May Alcott.
12. What did Tesla's father want him to become after going to the higher school?
(a) A writer.
(b) A professor.
(c) A clergyman.
(d) An engineer.
13. Why did Tesla suppress a talent at a young age?
(a) Other children laughed at him.
(b) His brother died.
(c) He never succeeded.
(d) His father was sick.
14. Who thought Tesla should write about his childhood?
(b) The editors.
(c) His wife.
(d) His parents.
15. How did Tesla's father make him use his mind as a child?
(a) He would drill him in tests.
(b) He would let him sit in on his lectures.
(c) He would give him problems to solve.
(d) He would leave him alone to finish large tasks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tesla get good at his best subject at The Real Gymnasium?
2. Professor Poeschl was from ______________.
3. What distracted Tesla as a child?
4. What does Tesla dream up while traveling for a year?
5. What talent did Tesla suppress at a young age?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)