My Early Life
• Tesla was asked by a magazine to write about his inventions, and he decided to include one about his early years.
• He was a bit reluctant to do this as he was ashamed of suppressing his talents in his youth.
• His brother died at a young age, and this devastated his parents. Tesla felt like he was growing in the shadow of his dead brother.
• He used to get vivid hallucinations of past memories. He would conjure other images to combat them.
• His father was a mathematics professor who would drill him on math and memory questions.
• Tesla said he got all of his creativity from his mother. He said all his practicality came from his father.
• Tesla discovered that all mental thoughts came from outer stimuli. He hoped to be able to control the mind by using these stimuli.
• He had strange aversions to...
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)