|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 34, what is Elsa going to give Alf?
2. How many snow angels do Elsa and Alf make in Chapter 33?
3. What movie do Lisette and Elsa watch in the Epilogue?
4. Who gives Elsa Granny's third letter?
5. How does Elsa get home from the vet's in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the wurse protect Britt-Marie in Chapter 27?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 26, what does Elsa know about the best stories?
3. Who rescues Elsa in Chapter 21?
4. In Chapter 34, what are Elsa and her father doing at Granny's grave site?
5. In Chapter 30, what do Alf and Elsa buy when they go out in Taxi?
6. How does Christmas shopping work at Elsa's house?
7. How does Elsa find the fifth letter from Granny?
8. Where has Elsa arranged to celebrate her birthday in Chapter 34, and why?
9. What is the trolley problem?
10. How long did Granny's shower not work and what did she do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Granny was liked and disliked by the people who knew her. What do the relationships Granny had with various individuals reveal about her and the type of person she was?
Essay Topic 2
After Granny’s death, Elsa has fluctuating feelings for her grandmother. How do Elsa’s grief and what she learns about her grandmother cause her to hate and love her grandmother?
Essay Topic 3
There are fairy tale and real monsters in the novel. Are these monsters born monstrous or are they created from something like sorrow?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)