|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Granny try to tell her stories to Ulrika when Ulrika was a teenager?
2. What was Britt-Marie's mother occupation?
3. What does Granny write on the front of Britt-Marie's letter in Chapter 34?
4. What does Mipadonus means?
5. Who rescues Elsa in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mipardonus?
2. In Chapter 33, who is the doctor that Elsa thinks she recognizes when she goes to the hospital?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 26, what does Elsa know about the best stories?
4. In Chapter 26, why is the boy and his mother going to move into Granny's flat?
5. In Chapter 34, what are Elsa and her father doing at Granny's grave site?
6. Who stops Wolfheart from beating Sam and how does that person get Wolfheart to stop?
7. What is Miploris like and what is stored there?
8. How does the wurse protect Britt-Marie in Chapter 27?
9. Who rescues Elsa in Chapter 21?
10. What is a moo-gun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Granny was liked and disliked by the people who knew her. What do the relationships Granny had with various individuals reveal about her and the type of person she was?
Essay Topic 2
How would you describe the relationship between Granny and Ulrika, and why do they struggle to get along?
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the novel, Granny is Elsa’s only friend. How is Elsa different from children her age, and why does that make Granny Elsa’s only friend?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)