|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what does Alf say that he and Elsa's grandmother argued about right before she had to go to the hospital?
2. What type of shirt is Kent wearing in Chapter 25?
3. Where is George in Chapter 19, when Elsa sneaks down to the cellar to see the wurse?
4. In Chapter 20, how long has it been since Granny's shower worked?
5. What does the woman in the black skirt smell like in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christmas shopping work at Elsa's house?
2. In Chapter 26, why is the boy and his mother going to move into Granny's flat?
3. What is a moo-gun?
4. In Chapter 34, where are the last two letters from Granny found?
5. What are fears in the Land-of-Almost-Awake?
6. In Chapter 33, who is the doctor that Elsa thinks she recognizes when she goes to the hospital?
7. In Chapter 19, what does Elsa remember Granny doing with the free newspapers that she asked not to be delivered to her?
8. How does Elsa find the fifth letter from Granny?
9. In Chapter 30, what do Alf and Elsa buy when they go out in Taxi?
10. In Chapter 28, where does Britt-Marie put Kent's razor and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elsa and her grandmother are very close. What is the role of Granny in Elsa’s life and how does her influence continue after her death?
Essay Topic 2
Elsa is terrified after a man chases her from the church yard to a park. How do Granny’s stories help Elsa deal with fear and learn how to handle fear?
Essay Topic 3
After Granny’s death, Elsa has fluctuating feelings for her grandmother. How do Elsa’s grief and what she learns about her grandmother cause her to hate and love her grandmother?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)