|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elsa hide after lunch in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 10, what is The Monster compulsive about?
3. How do Elsa, The Monster, and the wurse travel most of the way in Chapter 16?
4. In Chapter 4, how far into the forest might the Miamas city all move?
5. What does the woman in the black skirt always smell like?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 5, what is having a grandmother like?
2. How is Elsa described at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 12, why does Britt-Marie ring the doorbell at Granny's flat?
4. Who does Britt-Marie say was looking for Elsa in Chapter 18, and what did she tell the person to do?
5. What is the park like that is near Elsa's school?
6. What does Alf do when he comes to pick up Elsa in Chapter 17?
7. Where does Elsa find herself at the end of Chapter 9?
8. What happens in the apartment building where Elsa's family lives at the end of Chapter 4?
9. How is Granny described in Chapter 1?
10. What does The Monster's flat look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elsa is terrified after a man chases her from the church yard to a park. How do Granny’s stories help Elsa deal with fear and learn how to handle fear?
Essay Topic 2
Granny’s stories are full of symbolism. Who and what does the princess in the kingdom of sorrow represent in real life and what is the importance of the symbolism in the story?
Essay Topic 3
There are fairy tale and real monsters in the novel. Are these monsters born monstrous or are they created from something like sorrow?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)