|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elsa get food for herself, The Monster, and the wurse in Chapter 16?
2. What is the temperature in Chapter 16?
3. At the end of Chapter 12, what is Ulricka holding in her hand while she sleeps?
4. What color eyes does the policewoman have in Chapter 1?
5. How does Elsa wish to travel with The Monster and the wurse at the beginning of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Britt-Marie upset in Chapter 7?
2. How is Granny described in Chapter 1?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what is Granny's hospital room like?
4. Why does no one every disagree with Ulricka?
5. What does Alf do when he comes to pick up Elsa in Chapter 17?
6. How would Granny react when the real world was crumbling?
7. How is the building described that Elsa lives in in Chapter 3?
8. In Chapter 8, what happens when some of the other students pull Elsa down into the snow?
9. In Chapter 6, why does Elsa hate Mondays?
10. Who does Britt-Marie say was looking for Elsa in Chapter 18, and what did she tell the person to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even at the end, Granny’s letter refers to Britt-Marie as The Bat. What is the relationship like between Granny and Britt-Marie, and why are they important to one another?
Essay Topic 2
Granny’s stories are full of symbolism. Who and what does the princess in the kingdom of sorrow represent in real life and what is the importance of the symbolism in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Britt-Marie is not well-liked at the beginning of the novel. How does the author develop Britt-Marie and her relationships with others to make her a more sympathetic character?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)