|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how many nurses has Granny had since she was admitted?
2. What are Ulricka's favorite flowers?
3. In Chapter 17, what covers the walls in the office of the woman with the black skirt?
4. What is the main export industry in Miamas?
5. In Chapter 2, what color bags does Granny steal from IKEA?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does no one every disagree with Ulricka?
2. In Chapter 8, what happens when some of the other students pull Elsa down into the snow?
3. Why does Elsa have to leave the bus in Chapter 16?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what is Granny's hospital room like?
5. How would Granny react when the real world was crumbling?
6. How is Elsa described at the beginning of Chapter 1?
7. What does Alf do when he comes to pick up Elsa in Chapter 17?
8. What is going on at Elsa's apartment building when her father drives her home in Chapter 9?
9. In Chapter 5, what is on the ceiling in Granny's bedroom?
10. Why is Wolfheart afraid of the woman in the black skirt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elsa and her grandmother are very close. What is the role of Granny in Elsa’s life and how does her influence continue after her death?
Essay Topic 2
Britt-Marie stays with Kent even though she knows he is having an affair. Why does Britt-Marie stay with Kent and what does not facing reality have to do with her decision?
Essay Topic 3
Elsa is terrified after a man chases her from the church yard to a park. How do Granny’s stories help Elsa deal with fear and learn how to handle fear?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)