|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George wearing in Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 9, what type of dog have the police brought with them?
3. When is Elsa's birthday?
4. In Miamas, how big are the wurses?
5. In Chapter 4, how far into the forest might the Miamas city all move?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the building described that Elsa lives in in Chapter 3?
2. Where does Elsa find herself at the end of Chapter 9?
3. What is Britt-Marie upset in Chapter 7?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what is Granny's hospital room like?
5. What is going on at Elsa's apartment building when her father drives her home in Chapter 9?
6. In Chapter 6, why does Elsa hate Mondays?
7. What is the park like that is near Elsa's school?
8. In Chapter 18 in Elsa's dream, who does she see wandering in the shadows?
9. How is Granny described in Chapter 1?
10. What is Miamas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Heroes are important in Elsa’s life. Who are the heroes in Elsa’s life and how do they help her make sense of the world?
Essay Topic 2
After Granny’s death, Elsa has fluctuating feelings for her grandmother. How do Elsa’s grief and what she learns about her grandmother cause her to hate and love her grandmother?
Essay Topic 3
Britt-Marie is not well-liked at the beginning of the novel. How does the author develop Britt-Marie and her relationships with others to make her a more sympathetic character?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)