|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what is The Monster compulsive about?
2. In Chapter 15, how long has Alf been a taxi driver?
3. In Chapter 17, who picks Elsa up to take her home?
4. What are the five kingdoms other than Miamas made from?
5. What does Elsa use to distract her pursuers in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Britt-Marie say was looking for Elsa in Chapter 18, and what did she tell the person to do?
2. In Chapter 5, what is on the ceiling in Granny's bedroom?
3. What events happened the same day that Elsa was born?
4. In Chapter 6, why does Elsa hate Mondays?
5. What does Elsa get to eat in Chapter 16?
6. Where does Elsa find herself at the end of Chapter 9?
7. Why is Wolfheart afraid of the woman in the black skirt?
8. Why does no one every disagree with Ulricka?
9. In Chapter 15, what are some issues that Ulricka has been having that she blames on baby brain?
10. What does The Monster's flat look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even at the end, Granny’s letter refers to Britt-Marie as The Bat. What is the relationship like between Granny and Britt-Marie, and why are they important to one another?
Essay Topic 2
Granny shares stories about the Land-of-Almost-Awake with Elsa. How are the stories intertwined with real life and how do the stories help Elsa cope with life?
Essay Topic 3
Elsa is terrified after a man chases her from the church yard to a park. How do Granny’s stories help Elsa deal with fear and learn how to handle fear?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)