|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, what language is The Monster speaking?
2. What does Miamas mean?
3. In Chapter 4, how far into the forest might the Miamas city all move?
4. When is Elsa's birthday?
5. What is Miamas made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does The Monster's flat look like?
2. How is the building described that Elsa lives in in Chapter 3?
3. What is Miamas?
4. How long has Granny been in the hospital, and what does she do when she breaks out nearly every day?
5. In Chapter 15, what are some issues that Ulricka has been having that she blames on baby brain?
6. In Chapter 5, what is on the ceiling in Granny's bedroom?
7. How is Granny described in Chapter 1?
8. What events happened the same day that Elsa was born?
9. How would Granny react when the real world was crumbling?
10. Why does no one every disagree with Ulricka?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elsa is terrified after a man chases her from the church yard to a park. How do Granny’s stories help Elsa deal with fear and learn how to handle fear?
Essay Topic 2
Elsa grows and matures in the novel. How do relationships and events help Elsa come of age in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Granny was liked and disliked by the people who knew her. What do the relationships Granny had with various individuals reveal about her and the type of person she was?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)