|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is the high rise that Elsa takes The Monster and wurse to in Chapter 16?
2. In Chapter 12 after Elsa and her mother argue and Elsa goes into her grandmother's bedroom and slams the door, how long is there silence in the flat?
3. In Chapter 9, what type of dog have the police brought with them?
4. In Chapter 3, what is Elsa's least favorite color?
5. In Chapter 17, what covers the walls in the office of the woman with the black skirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Elsa put the wurse for the night in Chapter 11?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what is Granny's hospital room like?
3. How would Granny react when the real world was crumbling?
4. What does Elsa get to eat in Chapter 16?
5. Why is Wolfheart afraid of the woman in the black skirt?
6. How is the building described that Elsa lives in in Chapter 3?
7. Who does Britt-Marie say was looking for Elsa in Chapter 18, and what did she tell the person to do?
8. What is Britt-Marie upset in Chapter 7?
9. What is the park like that is near Elsa's school?
10. What is Miamas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Britt-Marie stays with Kent even though she knows he is having an affair. Why does Britt-Marie stay with Kent and what does not facing reality have to do with her decision?
Essay Topic 2
Heroes are important in Elsa’s life. Who are the heroes in Elsa’s life and how do they help her make sense of the world?
Essay Topic 3
After Granny’s death, Elsa has fluctuating feelings for her grandmother. How do Elsa’s grief and what she learns about her grandmother cause her to hate and love her grandmother?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)