|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the temperature in Chapter 16?
(a) Just above freezing.
(b) 41 degrees.
(c) 15 degrees.
(d) Below freezing.
2. In Chapter 5, after Granny dies and Elsa sits outside waiting for her mother on a bench, how many nights has Our Friend been howling?
(a) 3 nights.
(b) 1 night.
(c) 2 nights.
(d) 4 nights.
3. At the end of Chapter 7, what language is The Monster speaking?
(c) Elsa and Granny's secret language.
4. Why does Britt-Marie want Kent to change his shirt?
(a) It does not match his jacket.
(b) It has a hole.
(c) It is dirty.
(d) It is wrinkled.
5. In Chapter 12, what is the woman in the black skirt carrying?
(a) 4 plastic bags.
(b) 2 paper sacks.
(c) 3 bottles.
(d) A cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Elsa, The Monster, and the wurse travel most of the way in Chapter 16?
2. What do Elsa and her Granny eat in Chapter 4 after Granny gives Elsa an envelope?
3. In Chapter 10, what is The Monster compulsive about?
4. In Chapter 1, what time do Granny and Elsa end up at the police station?
5. In Chapter 2, how long has Granny been in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Elsa find herself at the end of Chapter 9?
2. Why did Ulricka ban Granny from throwing surprise birthday parties for Elsa?
3. Where does Elsa put the wurse for the night in Chapter 11?
4. What does Alf do when he comes to pick up Elsa in Chapter 17?
5. How is the building described that Elsa lives in in Chapter 3?
6. According to Chapter 5, what is having a grandmother like?
7. In Chapter 18 in Elsa's dream, who does she see wandering in the shadows?
8. Who does Britt-Marie say was looking for Elsa in Chapter 18, and what did she tell the person to do?
9. What is the park like that is near Elsa's school?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what is Granny's hospital room like?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)