|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 28, what time does Kent say that they always eat dinner?
2. In Chapter 29, where does Elsa find the wurse?
(a) The boy and his mother's.
(c) Granny's wardrobe.
3. In Chapter 26, what type of candy does the boy see in Ulrika and George's apartment?
(b) Chocolate Santas.
(c) Butterscotch drops.
4. Who goes with Elsa to the veterinarian's office in Chapter 32?
(b) Elsa's dad.
5. Since the meeting with the accountant, what has Ulrika been talking about on the phone in Chapter 19?
(a) The baby.
(b) Hospital business.
(c) Granny's funeral.
(d) Selling the flats.
6. What is the name of Maud and Lennart's dog?
7. What is said instead of good-bye in the Land-of-Almost-Awake?
(a) See you later.
(b) Come again.
8. In Chapter 33, who was the love of Granny's life?
(a) Ulrika's father.
(c) Another doctor from the Middle East.
9. In Chapter 19, what type of jacket is Alf wearing when Elas and the wurse meet him in the hall?
10. In Chapter 27, what does Elsa not like on her veggie burgers?
11. What does Elsa buy at the beginning of Chapter 30?
(a) A bag of chocolate candy.
(b) 2 ice creams.
(c) 2 cookies.
(d) 2 sandwiches and a drink.
12. In Chapter 26, what did Elsa remember Granny saying that Christmas tales had to be written with?
(c) A rainbow of colors.
(d) Every pen you own.
13. What does the woman in the black skirt smell like in Chapter 23?
14. In Chapter 20, what are nightmares scared of?
(c) Cookies and cakes.
(d) Milk and cookies.
15. In Chapter 34, how long does the narrator say that a funeral can go on?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Alf and Kent related?
2. In Chapter 25 when Elsa goes to the Land-of-Almost-Awake, what kingdom does she avoid?
3. Who gives Elsa Granny's third letter?
4. What is Ulrika's occupation?
5. How did Britt-Marie's sister die?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)