|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gerry walk to the sea with?
2. As a result of the matchbox incident, what happens to Gerry?
3. What does Gerry say "danced and twisted like wind-blown confetti" in the summer?
4. Who does Gerry ask to build him a boat so he can visit the archipelago?
5. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Larry is often an instigator in the family, especially when it comes to moving. What else does Larry instigate the family to do? What does this say about his character?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the weather in England and Corfu during the month of August, and the effects on the family.
Essay Topic 3
Chaos often ensues in the Durrell family, such as that caused by Gerry's animals, or the fire in Larry's room. Would you theorize that on some level they enjoy the chaos? Why or why not?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)