Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What riveting news does Mother receive in a letter from Great Aunt Hermione?
2. What event occurs at the end of Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter that causes the family great distress?
3. What is wrong with Theodore's friend's house when another floor is added?
4. Why does Gerry go to the sea in Part 3, Chapter 17?
5. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
Essay Topic 1
In Part II: Chapter 7, The Daffodil-Yellow Villa, Gerry watches two couples of swallows building nests and feeding their young. Compare and contrast the swallow's fathering behaviors to that of a human father.
Essay Topic 2
One theme throughout the book is that of discovery. Every chapter is filled with numerous natural history finds by Gerry, whether they be in the garden, countryside, or at Theodore's home. From chapter to chapter, each discovery seems more exciting than the next. Explain the series and succession of Gerry's natural history discoveries and how they exemplify the theme of discovery.
Essay Topic 3
On the second morning at the Strawberry-Pink Villa, Larry is disturbed by a donkey braying. He requires someone, besides himself, to remedy the problem. When Leslie asks why they should handle it when it is not bothering them, Larry calls the family selfish, and blames Mother for bringing them up that way. Do you agree with Larry's assessment of the family? Why or why not? Do you agree that it is Mother's fault? Why or why not?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)