Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What riveting news does Mother receive in a letter from Great Aunt Hermione?
2. What event occurs at the end of Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter that causes the family great distress?
3. What is wrong with Theodore's friend's house when another floor is added?
4. Why does Gerry go to the sea in Part 3, Chapter 17?
5. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
Essay Topic 1
The Durrell family children, although siblings, are all very unique in their own ways. Select two of the Durrell children and compare and contrast their characteristics. For example, what affect has Mother's parenting played in their attitudes?
Essay Topic 2
In Part II: Chapter 7, The Daffodil-Yellow Villa, Gerry watches two couples of swallows building nests and feeding their young. Compare and contrast the swallow's fathering behaviors to that of a human father.
Essay Topic 3
Spiro had a belligerent side and a loveable one too. The taxi drivers and customs officials felt his wrath, while the Durrell family only received his love and kindness. Compare and contrast these too very different sides of Spiro.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)