|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What riveting news does Mother receive in a letter from Great Aunt Hermione?
2. What event occurs at the end of Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter that causes the family great distress?
3. What is wrong with Theodore's friend's house when another floor is added?
4. Why does Gerry go to the sea in Part 3, Chapter 17?
5. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
Essay Topic 1
Spiro had a belligerent side and a loveable one too. The taxi drivers and customs officials felt his wrath, while the Durrell family only received his love and kindness. Compare and contrast these too very different sides of Spiro.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the Durrell family's entry onto the island of Corfu. Why do you think it was important to Larry to enter with majestic pose? Did Mother or Larry's siblings share his idea? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Larry is often an instigator in the family, especially when it comes to moving. What else does Larry instigate the family to do? What does this say about his character?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)