|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What riveting news does Mother receive in a letter from Great Aunt Hermione?
2. What event occurs at the end of Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter that causes the family great distress?
3. What is wrong with Theodore's friend's house when another floor is added?
4. Why does Gerry go to the sea in Part 3, Chapter 17?
5. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
Essay Topic 1
Gerry places great significance in the family assisting him in christening all the creatures he brings home with a name. Why is it important to Gerry to have the family help name his animals, especially when they rarely agree on anything?
Essay Topic 2
One theme throughout the book is that of discovery. Every chapter is filled with numerous natural history finds by Gerry, whether they be in the garden, countryside, or at Theodore's home. From chapter to chapter, each discovery seems more exciting than the next. Explain the series and succession of Gerry's natural history discoveries and how they exemplify the theme of discovery.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the weather in England and Corfu during the month of August, and the effects on the family.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)