|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kralefsky consider to be "the ticket"?
2. Why is Leslie's bath impeded in Part 3, Chapter 18?
3. As a result of the matchbox incident, what happens to Gerry?
4. What uncharacteristic thing does Larry do in Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter?
5. Why does Gerry go to the sea in Part 3, Chapter 17?
Essay Topic 1
While on Corfu, the Durrell family lived in three different villas. Explain the differences in each villa by comparing the home, gardens, and countryside of each. In theory, which was Gerry's favorite villa and why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the Durrell family's entry onto the island of Corfu. Why do you think it was important to Larry to enter with majestic pose? Did Mother or Larry's siblings share his idea? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In Part II: Chapter 7, The Daffodil-Yellow Villa, Gerry watches two couples of swallows building nests and feeding their young. Compare and contrast the swallow's fathering behaviors to that of a human father.
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)