|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under the loose plaster of the crumbing wall, what does Gerry find?
(a) A black beetle.
(b) A white scorpion.
(d) A black scorpion.
2. How does winter come to the island of Corfu?
(a) With a howl and a shriek.
(b) Slowly and steadily.
3. When Gerry reaches the nest at the top of the olive tree, what do his dogs below look like?
(a) The size of ants.
(b) The size of pimpernel flowers.
(c) As small as a toad.
(d) They look like their regular size.
4. Who is Gerry's tutor in the beginning of Part III: Chapter 14, The Talking Flowers?
(c) Mr. Kralefsky.
5. From what union does Dodo bear a puppy?
(a) Her union with Widdle.
(b) Her union with Puke.
(c) Her union with Ulysses.
(d) Her union with Roger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother dispense of Peter's services?
2. What does Mother name her Dandy Dinmont?
3. What uncharacteristic thing does Larry do in Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter?
4. How does Kralefsky end up with two broken ribs?
5. What is the one thing that Roger, Widdle, and Puke find interesting about Dodo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final event, revisited oppositely, that Spiro helps the family with?
2. At the end of Part III: Chapter 13, The Snow-White Villa, why does Theodore ponder the idea of having the toads swallow swords?
3. How does Gerry describe the Chessboard Fields?
4. Why does Larry go snipe hunting?
5. The Belgian consul exterminated emaciated cats as a humane act of kindness. What does Gerry think about this?
6. Why was Gerry initially suspicious when his family told him his new tutor, Mr. Kralefsky, was interested in birds?
7. What intriguing creature did Gerry find in the crumbling wall, and why did this upset Larry?
8. Mr. Kralefsky's mother believes flowers can talk and have personality. How does Gerry respond to this idea?
9. Kosti warns Gerry about Alecko too late, as Gerry is already stroking his feathers. Alecko does not fuss. What does this say about Gerry's character?
10. In Part II: Conversation, how does Gerry describe the arrival of spring?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)