|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the sea fauna greatly attracted to the archipelago?
(a) The archipelago provides the sea fauna a safe haven from predators.
(b) The water around the archipelago is rich in minerals.
(c) The reason is never discovered.
(d) The sea fauna is actually stuck there from low tides.
2. In Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies, who tutors Gerry in the summer?
3. Where does Mother say she wants to be buried?
(a) Lake Ocarina.
(c) Lake Antinoitissa.
4. Who does Gerry ask to build him a boat so he can visit the archipelago?
5. The toads that Gerry finds are the size of:
(a) An average size saucer.
(b) A teacup.
(c) A small tortoise.
(d) A large plate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the family preparing for in Part III: Chapter 18, An Entertainment with Animals?
2. What is the name of the black-backed gull Gerry acquires from the criminal?
3. Why does Mother dispense of Peter's services?
4. What event gets Margo out of the attic?
5. What is the one thing that Roger, Widdle, and Puke find interesting about Dodo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What intriguing creature did Gerry find in the crumbling wall, and why did this upset Larry?
2. What battle between a gecko and mantis takes place in Gerry's room? What is the outcome?
3. What is Margo's reaction to Peter having to leave the island because they are getting too close?
4. Why did Gerry's trips to the archipelago in the Sea Cow become less frequent?
5. What does the introduction of Dodo say about Mother's character?
6. At the end of Part III: Chapter 13, The Snow-White Villa, why does Theodore ponder the idea of having the toads swallow swords?
7. What event causes the eldest Durrell children for once to agree? What do they agree on?
8. The Belgian consul exterminated emaciated cats as a humane act of kindness. What does Gerry think about this?
9. How did Gerry apply psychology to get his family on board with the idea of him getting a boat for his birthday?
10. What is the final event, revisited oppositely, that Spiro helps the family with?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)