|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name given to Gerry's boat?
(a) The Sea Calf.
(b) The Bumtrinket.
(c) The Bootle.
(d) The Bootle-Bumtrinket.
2. Why are the sea fauna greatly attracted to the archipelago?
(a) The reason is never discovered.
(b) The archipelago provides the sea fauna a safe haven from predators.
(c) The water around the archipelago is rich in minerals.
(d) The sea fauna is actually stuck there from low tides.
3. Where does Geronimo live?
(a) In Mother's room.
(b) With Spiro.
(c) In the zinna bed.
(d) In the snow-white villa.
4. Why does Mother dispense of Peter's services?
(a) Because his wage is too high for them to pay while in the bigger house.
(b) Because Gerry is not learning anything.
(c) Because he and Margo are getting too close.
(d) Because he is rude to Larry.
5. What is the family preparing for in Part III: Chapter 18, An Entertainment with Animals?
(a) A circus.
(b) A birthday.
(c) A party.
(d) A going away party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What names are given to the magpies that Gerry takes from the nest?
2. How does Kralefsky end up with two broken ribs?
3. When Spiro brings the mail, what does the bulk of Margo's mail consist of?
4. Where does Mother say she wants to be buried?
5. Who are Widdle and Puke?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gerry describe the Chessboard Fields?
2. What battle between a gecko and mantis takes place in Gerry's room? What is the outcome?
3. Gerry's magpies, or magenpies, are from the crow tribe of birds. How do they live up to the crow tribe stereo type in the Durrell family house, especially in Larry's room?
4. Mr. Kralefsky's mother believes flowers can talk and have personality. How does Gerry respond to this idea?
5. Why are the Durrells having a party in Part 3?
6. What is Margo's reaction to Peter having to leave the island because they are getting too close?
7. Why did Gerry's trips to the archipelago in the Sea Cow become less frequent?
8. What intriguing creature did Gerry find in the crumbling wall, and why did this upset Larry?
9. How did Gerry apply psychology to get his family on board with the idea of him getting a boat for his birthday?
10. How did Mr. Kralefsky's tall tales of saving ladies from danger get him two broken ribs?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)