|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gerry go to the sea in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) To wash and fish.
(b) To wash and get a bird.
(c) To eat fish and cockles.
(d) To wash and eat cockles.
2. What languages do the magenpies learn to speak?
(a) French and Greek.
(b) French and English.
(c) English and Spanish.
(d) Greek and English.
3. As a result of the matchbox incident, what happens to Gerry?
(a) He is grounded for ten days.
(b) He receives French lessons with the Belgian consul.
(c) He receives Greek lessons with Spiro.
(d) He has to get a job.
4. Where does Geronimo live?
(a) In Mother's room.
(b) With Spiro.
(c) In the snow-white villa.
(d) In the zinna bed.
5. What names are given to the magpies that Gerry takes from the nest?
(a) Widdle and Puke.
(c) Dee and Dum.
(d) Achilles and Ulysses.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Spiro brings the mail, what does the bulk of Margo's mail consist of?
2. What does Gerry name the gecko that takes up residence in his bedroom?
3. Who is Old Plop?
4. Why is Leslie's bath impeded in Part 3, Chapter 18?
5. What does the crumbling wall that surrounded the sunken garden provide Gerry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What battle between a gecko and mantis takes place in Gerry's room? What is the outcome?
2. The Belgian consul exterminated emaciated cats as a humane act of kindness. What does Gerry think about this?
3. What two ways did Peter teach Gerry English?
4. How did Mr. Kralefsky's tall tales of saving ladies from danger get him two broken ribs?
5. What is Margo's reaction to Peter having to leave the island because they are getting too close?
6. Mr. Kralefsky's mother believes flowers can talk and have personality. How does Gerry respond to this idea?
7. What is the final event, revisited oppositely, that Spiro helps the family with?
8. At the end of Part III: Chapter 13, The Snow-White Villa, why does Theodore ponder the idea of having the toads swallow swords?
9. How are Dodo and Margo alike?
10. What intriguing creature did Gerry find in the crumbling wall, and why did this upset Larry?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)