|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gerry's tutor in the beginning of Part III: Chapter 14, The Talking Flowers?
(a) Mr. Kralefsky.
2. The toads that Gerry finds are the size of:
(a) An average size saucer.
(b) A small tortoise.
(c) A teacup.
(d) A large plate.
3. How many baby magpies does Gerry take from the nest?
4. Why do Gerry and Kralefsky go to the top of his house?
(a) To feel the warm sunshine.
(b) To feed the birds.
(c) To see which way the wind was blowing.
(d) To give the birds water.
5. How does Kralefsky teach Gerry the French language?
(a) By repetition and drills.
(b) With a set of zoology books.
(c) By walking around town and naming things.
(d) With a set of bird books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name given to Gerry's boat?
2. In Part II: Conversation, where does the family spend most of its time eating, sleeping, reading, and/or arguing?
3. At the end of Part II: Conversation, what proverb does Margo share about change?
4. How does winter come to the island of Corfu?
5. Where does Spiro obtain Gerry's goldfish?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)