|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
2. What is the name given to Gerry's boat?
(a) The Bumtrinket.
(b) The Bootle-Bumtrinket.
(c) The Sea Calf.
(d) The Bootle.
3. What does Larry find in the matchbox when he wants to light his cigarette?
(a) A female scorpion and her babies.
(b) A female scorpion.
(c) An earwig.
(d) Baby scorpions.
4. Where does Spiro obtain Gerry's goldfish?
(a) The palace of Spirodian.
(b) The pet store.
(c) The bay.
(d) The palace of the Greek King.
5. What is the most striking attribute of the Belgian consul?
(a) His accent.
(b) His three-point beard.
(c) His immaculate clothing.
(d) His tall stature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does winter come to the island of Corfu?
2. How does Kralefsky end up with two broken ribs?
3. Where is the Durrell family planning to move in Part II: Conversation?
4. Under the loose plaster of the crumbing wall, what does Gerry find?
5. What is the name of Gerry's book that he starts writing in Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the introduction of Dodo say about Mother's character?
2. How did Gerry apply psychology to get his family on board with the idea of him getting a boat for his birthday?
3. How does Gerry describe the Chessboard Fields?
4. Kosti warns Gerry about Alecko too late, as Gerry is already stroking his feathers. Alecko does not fuss. What does this say about Gerry's character?
5. Gerry's magpies, or magenpies, are from the crow tribe of birds. How do they live up to the crow tribe stereo type in the Durrell family house, especially in Larry's room?
6. How are Dodo and Margo alike?
7. Mr. Kralefsky's mother believes flowers can talk and have personality. How does Gerry respond to this idea?
8. How did Mr. Kralefsky's tall tales of saving ladies from danger get him two broken ribs?
9. In Part II: Conversation, how does Gerry describe the arrival of spring?
10. What event causes the eldest Durrell children for once to agree? What do they agree on?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)