|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When returning to the villa with his horn blaring, what does Spiro have with him for the party?
(a) The Greek King.
(b) Larry's manuscript from the publisher.
(c) The doctor for Kralefsky.
(d) Three cooked turkeys.
2. What does Kralefsky's mother think about flowers?
(a) They are wonderful to work with.
(b) That they can talk.
(c) That birds prefer daisies.
(d) They smell beautiful.
3. How does winter come to the island of Corfu?
(b) Slowly and steadily.
(c) With a howl and a shriek.
4. In the summer, what makes the island vibrate with their cries?
(a) Peasant women.
5. Who are Widdle and Puke?
(a) Two owls Gerry receives for his birthday.
(b) Two tortoises Gerry receives for his birthday.
(c) Two puppies Gerry receives for his birthday.
(d) Two magenpies Gerry receives for his birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event gets Margo out of the attic?
2. When Spiro brings the mail, what does the bulk of Margo's mail consist of?
3. How does Kralefsky teach Gerry the French language?
4. In Part II: Chapter 11, The Enchanted Archipelago, what addition is made to the Sea Cow?
5. Who is Gerry's tutor in the beginning of Part III: Chapter 14, The Talking Flowers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kosti warns Gerry about Alecko too late, as Gerry is already stroking his feathers. Alecko does not fuss. What does this say about Gerry's character?
2. Why does Larry go snipe hunting?
3. Why did Gerry's trips to the archipelago in the Sea Cow become less frequent?
4. What event causes the eldest Durrell children for once to agree? What do they agree on?
5. How are Dodo and Margo alike?
6. What is the final event, revisited oppositely, that Spiro helps the family with?
7. The moon did not shine the night of Mother's inaugural swim. What lit up the night in the air and in the water?
8. What two ways did Peter teach Gerry English?
9. Why was Gerry initially suspicious when his family told him his new tutor, Mr. Kralefsky, was interested in birds?
10. How did Mr. Kralefsky's tall tales of saving ladies from danger get him two broken ribs?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)