|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kralefsky's special interest?
(b) Aquatic life.
2. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
3. What is the most striking attribute of the Belgian consul?
(a) His accent.
(b) His immaculate clothing.
(c) His tall stature.
(d) His three-point beard.
4. How does Kralefsky teach Gerry the French language?
(a) By repetition and drills.
(b) With a set of bird books.
(c) With a set of zoology books.
(d) By walking around town and naming things.
5. Where is the Durrell family planning to move in Part II: Conversation?
(a) To England.
(b) To another island in Greece.
(c) To a bigger villa.
(d) To a smaller villa.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gerry reaches the nest at the top of the olive tree, what do his dogs below look like?
2. What does Gerry say "danced and twisted like wind-blown confetti" in the summer?
3. Where does Geronimo live?
4. At the end of Part II: Conversation, what proverb does Margo share about change?
5. In Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies, who tutors Gerry in the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Gerry's magpies, or magenpies, are from the crow tribe of birds. How do they live up to the crow tribe stereo type in the Durrell family house, especially in Larry's room?
2. Why does Larry go snipe hunting?
3. What is Margo's reaction to Peter having to leave the island because they are getting too close?
4. What two ways did Peter teach Gerry English?
5. Why are the Durrells having a party in Part 3?
6. Why did Gerry's trips to the archipelago in the Sea Cow become less frequent?
7. Kosti warns Gerry about Alecko too late, as Gerry is already stroking his feathers. Alecko does not fuss. What does this say about Gerry's character?
8. How does Gerry describe the Chessboard Fields?
9. What event causes the eldest Durrell children for once to agree? What do they agree on?
10. How are Dodo and Margo alike?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)