|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Gerry and Kralefsky go to the top of his house?
(a) To see which way the wind was blowing.
(b) To give the birds water.
(c) To feed the birds.
(d) To feel the warm sunshine.
2. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
3. Why does Mother dispense of Peter's services?
(a) Because his wage is too high for them to pay while in the bigger house.
(b) Because he and Margo are getting too close.
(c) Because he is rude to Larry.
(d) Because Gerry is not learning anything.
4. What does Gerry say "danced and twisted like wind-blown confetti" in the summer?
(c) Olive leaves.
5. While squirrel hunting, what does Gerry find instead?
(a) A large tortoise.
(b) A baby owl.
(c) A baby bat.
(d) A baby racoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The toads that Gerry finds are the size of:
2. Why is the snow-white villa given its name?
3. What are the Chessboard Fields named after?
4. Who does Gerry walk to the sea with?
5. What is Kralefsky's special interest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What intriguing creature did Gerry find in the crumbling wall, and why did this upset Larry?
2. What battle between a gecko and mantis takes place in Gerry's room? What is the outcome?
3. Kosti warns Gerry about Alecko too late, as Gerry is already stroking his feathers. Alecko does not fuss. What does this say about Gerry's character?
4. How does Gerry describe the Chessboard Fields?
5. Mr. Kralefsky's mother believes flowers can talk and have personality. How does Gerry respond to this idea?
6. How did Gerry apply psychology to get his family on board with the idea of him getting a boat for his birthday?
7. Why was Gerry initially suspicious when his family told him his new tutor, Mr. Kralefsky, was interested in birds?
8. Why are the Durrells having a party in Part 3?
9. How did Mr. Kralefsky's tall tales of saving ladies from danger get him two broken ribs?
10. The Belgian consul exterminated emaciated cats as a humane act of kindness. What does Gerry think about this?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)