|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What riveting news does Mother receive in a letter from Great Aunt Hermione?
(a) Henry passed away.
(b) That she wants to come and stay.
(c) That Aunt Mabel moved to Sussex.
(d) Henry broke his leg.
2. What event occurs at the end of Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter that causes the family great distress?
(a) A fire in the house.
(b) The magenpies get out.
(c) Leslie's burglar alarm.
(d) Gerry's scorpion's babies get out of the matchboxes.
3. What is wrong with Theodore's friend's house when another floor is added?
(a) They use poor materials.
(b) The windows will not open.
(c) There are no stairs.
(d) They do not have zoning permits.
4. Why does Gerry go to the sea in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) To wash and eat cockles.
(b) To wash and fish.
(c) To eat fish and cockles.
(d) To wash and get a bird.
5. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Leslie's bath impeded in Part 3, Chapter 18?
2. What are the Chessboard Fields named after?
3. How does Kralefsky end up with two broken ribs?
4. In Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies, who tutors Gerry in the summer?
5. From what union does Dodo bear a puppy?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)