|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gerry go to the sea in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) To wash and get a bird.
(b) To wash and fish.
(c) To eat fish and cockles.
(d) To wash and eat cockles.
2. Where does Spiro obtain Gerry's goldfish?
(a) The palace of Spirodian.
(b) The pet store.
(c) The palace of the Greek King.
(d) The bay.
3. At the snow-white villa, what does Gerry get on intimate terms with?
4. Why is Leslie's bath impeded in Part 3, Chapter 18?
(a) Margo had used all the towels.
(b) Gerry has his water-snakes in the bath.
(c) The water is shut off.
(d) He has to help save Dodo from the angry dogs.
5. What does Gerry say "danced and twisted like wind-blown confetti" in the summer?
(c) Olive leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name given to Gerry's boat?
2. From what union does Dodo bear a puppy?
3. In Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies, who tutors Gerry in the summer?
4. What is the name of the black-backed gull Gerry acquires from the criminal?
5. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kosti warns Gerry about Alecko too late, as Gerry is already stroking his feathers. Alecko does not fuss. What does this say about Gerry's character?
2. How did Mr. Kralefsky's tall tales of saving ladies from danger get him two broken ribs?
3. What does the introduction of Dodo say about Mother's character?
4. What is the final event, revisited oppositely, that Spiro helps the family with?
5. What event causes the eldest Durrell children for once to agree? What do they agree on?
6. What is Margo's reaction to Peter having to leave the island because they are getting too close?
7. Why did Gerry's trips to the archipelago in the Sea Cow become less frequent?
8. Why does Larry go snipe hunting?
9. How did Gerry apply psychology to get his family on board with the idea of him getting a boat for his birthday?
10. The Belgian consul exterminated emaciated cats as a humane act of kindness. What does Gerry think about this?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)