|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kralefsky's mother think about flowers?
(a) That birds prefer daisies.
(b) They smell beautiful.
(c) They are wonderful to work with.
(d) That they can talk.
2. Instead of catching Old Plop, what does Gerry catch?
(a) A criminal.
(b) The flu.
(c) A big old fish in the bay.
(d) Two water-snakes.
3. Who does Gerry ask to build him a boat so he can visit the archipelago?
4. What colors are the cyclamen that grow under the olive trees?
(a) Magenta and red-wine.
(b) Magenta and white.
(c) White and purple.
(d) Red-wine and white.
5. Why is the snow-white villa given its name?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) Its color is white as snow.
(c) The paperwhite surrounding it are in full bloom.
(d) Snow White lived there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gerry's book that he starts writing in Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies?
2. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
3. In Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies, who tutors Gerry in the summer?
4. What does Mother name her Dandy Dinmont?
5. Why does Gerry go to the sea in Part 3, Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Belgian consul exterminated emaciated cats as a humane act of kindness. What does Gerry think about this?
2. At the end of Part III: Chapter 13, The Snow-White Villa, why does Theodore ponder the idea of having the toads swallow swords?
3. What two ways did Peter teach Gerry English?
4. Kosti warns Gerry about Alecko too late, as Gerry is already stroking his feathers. Alecko does not fuss. What does this say about Gerry's character?
5. What does the introduction of Dodo say about Mother's character?
6. What is Margo's reaction to Peter having to leave the island because they are getting too close?
7. What battle between a gecko and mantis takes place in Gerry's room? What is the outcome?
8. Why are the Durrells having a party in Part 3?
9. What is the final event, revisited oppositely, that Spiro helps the family with?
10. How does Gerry describe the Chessboard Fields?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)