|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
2. Who are Widdle and Puke?
(a) Two owls Gerry receives for his birthday.
(b) Two puppies Gerry receives for his birthday.
(c) Two magenpies Gerry receives for his birthday.
(d) Two tortoises Gerry receives for his birthday.
3. Which two Durrell family members get motion sickness in the boats?
(a) Theodore and Puke.
(b) Theodore and Dodo.
(c) Puke and Peter.
(d) Mother and Dodo.
4. Where does Geronimo live?
(a) In the zinna bed.
(b) In the snow-white villa.
(c) In Mother's room.
(d) With Spiro.
5. Aside from the sirocco, what impedes Margo's return from the island where she seeks solitude?
(a) The dogs barking.
(b) Her puffy sunburned eyelids.
(d) The Sea Cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother dispense of Peter's services?
2. What is the family preparing for in Part III: Chapter 18, An Entertainment with Animals?
3. How does Kralefsky teach Gerry the French language?
4. In the summer, what makes the island vibrate with their cries?
5. What is the name of the black-backed gull Gerry acquires from the criminal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Larry go snipe hunting?
2. How does Gerry describe the Chessboard Fields?
3. Why are the Durrells having a party in Part 3?
4. Mr. Kralefsky's mother believes flowers can talk and have personality. How does Gerry respond to this idea?
5. Kosti warns Gerry about Alecko too late, as Gerry is already stroking his feathers. Alecko does not fuss. What does this say about Gerry's character?
6. What is the final event, revisited oppositely, that Spiro helps the family with?
7. The moon did not shine the night of Mother's inaugural swim. What lit up the night in the air and in the water?
8. How are Dodo and Margo alike?
9. At the end of Part III: Chapter 13, The Snow-White Villa, why does Theodore ponder the idea of having the toads swallow swords?
10. Gerry's magpies, or magenpies, are from the crow tribe of birds. How do they live up to the crow tribe stereo type in the Durrell family house, especially in Larry's room?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)