|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescues the Durrells from the Greek cab drivers?
(d) The British Consul.
2. Larry becomes overweight in the spring. Which of the following is one of Margo's suggested diets?
(a) Milk and cooked vegetables.
(c) Orange juice and salad.
(d) Brown bread and olives.
3. What is the name of the family dog?
4. Where does Theodore suggest they go in the spring to explore ditches?
(a) His backyard.
(b) The Corfu bay.
(c) Val de Ropa.
(d) The strawberry-pink villa.
5. What does Larry say his mother is starting to look like in Part I: Prologue, The Migration?
(a) A ray of sunshine in the gloomy climate.
(b) A widow.
(c) A plate of scarlet porridge.
(d) An Irish washerwoman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Durrell children not know the age of their mother?
2. Where is the Durrell family living at the beginning of Part II: Chapter 7?
3. What does Theodore tell Gerry made the trapdoors?
4. What hobby does Margo take up after settling into the villa?
5. Who accompanies Margo and the Turkish boy on their date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event causes the eldest Durrell children for once to agree? What do they agree on?
2. What does it say about Larry's character that he has invited friends to stay at the villa when there is not enough room, and he does not tell Mother until they are almost there?
3. How does Gerry describe his first glimpse and sounds of Corfu and its waters?
4. Why is Mother concerned about Larry's friends being highbrow?
5. Why does Larry go snipe hunting?
6. How did spring affect Mother, when left undisturbed by Larry? What affect did this have on Larry?
7. Why is the Rose-Beetle Man described as one of the most weird and fascinating characters Gerry met?
8. How does Gerry describe the Daffodil-Yellow Villa?
9. The Belgian consul exterminated emaciated cats as a humane act of kindness. What does Gerry think about this?
10. How does Gerry describe the Chessboard Fields?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)