|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Durrell family living at the beginning of Part II: Chapter 7?
(a) In the Daffodil-Yellow Villa.
(b) In the Snow-White Villa.
(c) In the Pension Suisse.
(d) In the Strawberry-Pink Villa.
2. In the beginning of Part I: Conversation, what does Larry do that upsets Mother?
(a) Invites all his friends to visit and sleep on the veranda.
(b) Invites all his friends to come and stay with them on the island.
(c) Invites all his friends to visit and stay at Pension Suisse.
(d) Tells Leslie, Margo, Gerry, and Mother they will have to sleep outside while his friends are here.
3. At the end of Part II: Chapter 8, Tortoise Hills, what does Theodore say can happen in Corfu?
(a) Tropical storms.
(c) A wine shortage.
4. How do Gerry and George win points in their game in the bay?
(a) By discovering the most sea fauna.
(b) By finding the most sea-slugs.
(c) By applying mathematic applications to the sea fauna.
(d) By squirting the sea-slug the farthest.
5. Instead to taking his goats to Gastouri, what does Yani do?
(a) Tastes Taki's white wine.
(b) Goes fishing.
(c) Eats figs all day.
(d) Tastes Taki's red wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the villa called that Spiro shows the family in Part I: Chapter 1, The Unsuspected Isle?
2. One day Mother and Gerry buy the Rose-Beetle Man's entire stock of rose-beetles, what do they do with them?
3. How is the August weather in England described?
4. Why does Gerry's mother insist he explain she is a widow?
5. What does George do while waiting for Gerry to solve a math problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the garden, Gerry finds an earwig's nest, and posts a sign for passers by to beware and keep quiet. What words were spelled correctly on the sign, and why is that significant to his character?
2. How did Larry attempt to help his family regain their pose, after it was shattered by Roger and the pack of dogs?
3. How does it come about that George becomes Gerry's tutor?
4. How does the Durrell family breakfast play out?
5. What mishap occurred, in front of the Greek King, at the stage show of Battle of Thermopylae?
6. How does Gerry describe the weather in England during August?
7. When George instituted outdoor lessons, what game did he and Gerry play in the bay, and how did this further his learning?
8. How was the health of the Durrell family in Part I: Prologue, The Migration?
9. Why does Gerry have difficulties with mathematical problems?
10. Who instigates the move to Corfu and why?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)