|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Leslie suffer from in the English weather?
(a) Whooping cough.
(d) Bleeding ears.
2. Zatopec is one of the first of Larry's guests to arrive for a visit, what is his occupation?
(a) Greecian novelist.
(b) Armenian novelist.
(c) Armenian poet.
(d) Armenian artist.
3. What kind of transportation do the Durrell's use to get to town?
(a) One stretch limo.
(b) Two taxi cabs.
(c) Spiro picked them up in his Suburban.
(d) Two horse-drawn cabs.
4. Who is the most weird and fascinating character Gerry meets on his explorations?
(c) The Rose-Beetle Man.
5. In the beginning of Part I: Chapter 3, in the morning at the Strawberry-Pink Villa, where is the family eating breakfast?
(a) In the kitchen underneath the Tiffany chandelier.
(b) In the back yard beside the pools of water lilies.
(c) In the garden beside the fragrant strawberry plants.
(d) In the garden underneath the small tangerine trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Gerry some of the most beautiful and haunting peasant songs?
2. What is wrong with the furniture in the villa?
3. What is the tale of the cypress trees?
4. What insects does Gerry find that can change colors, like chameleons?
5. What brings a smile to Lugaretzia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the trapdoor spiders and Dr. Theodore Stephanides two significant finds for Gerry?
2. How does Gerry describe the weather in England during August?
3. Why is Mother concerned about Larry's friends being highbrow?
4. When George instituted outdoor lessons, what game did he and Gerry play in the bay, and how did this further his learning?
5. How does the Durrell family breakfast play out?
6. Why was Thursday tea with Theodore an appointment Gerry would not have missed for anything?
7. How was the health of the Durrell family in Part I: Prologue, The Migration?
8. Why was it important to Gerry's mother that he mention she was a widow?
9. How does Gerry describe the Daffodil-Yellow Villa?
10. How were Lugaretzia and her husband like the Daffodil-Yellow Villa, and why were they there?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)