|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the furniture in the villa?
(a) It is uncomfortable.
(b) It is Victorian, the wrong style.
(c) The family does not like the color scheme.
(d) It is twenty years old and falling apart.
2. While still on the boat, approaching Corfu, what does Gerry hear?
(a) The ships engines.
(b) Church bells.
3. How old is Gerry when the family moves to Corfu?
4. What does Gerry take, for his collection, from one of the tortoises?
(a) His shell.
(b) A piece of his shell.
(c) One of his eggs.
(d) One of her eggs.
5. What do Gerry and George use as water-pistols in the bay?
(a) Sea slugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Part II: Chapter 8, Tortoise Hills, what does Theodore say can happen in Corfu?
2. What is interesting about Quasimodo?
3. What does Spiro not like about the man that Margo goes swimming with?
4. Who accompanies Margo and the Turkish boy on their date?
5. What does Gerry think about Theodore's library?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did spring affect Mother, when left undisturbed by Larry? What affect did this have on Larry?
2. How does Gerry describe the Daffodil-Yellow Villa?
3. What battle between a gecko and mantis takes place in Gerry's room? What is the outcome?
4. What mishap occurred, in front of the Greek King, at the stage show of Battle of Thermopylae?
5. What is the significance of Yani's scorpion in the bottle of olive oil?
6. How did Mr. Kralefsky's tall tales of saving ladies from danger get him two broken ribs?
7. How are the trapdoor spiders and Dr. Theodore Stephanides two significant finds for Gerry?
8. How does it come about that George becomes Gerry's tutor?
9. What is Margo's reaction to Peter having to leave the island because they are getting too close?
10. In the garden, Gerry finds an earwig's nest, and posts a sign for passers by to beware and keep quiet. What words were spelled correctly on the sign, and why is that significant to his character?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)