|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hobby does Margo take up after settling into the villa?
2. How many years does Spiro spend in America?
3. Who, out of the Durrell family, does Spiro adore the most?
4. Where does Spiro live, and learn English, while in America?
5. What disturbs Larry's writing on the second morning in the villa?
(a) Gerry's magenpies.
(b) A donkey braying.
(c) Bees buzzing.
(d) Lawnmowers cutting grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Durrell family stay their first night on Corfu?
2. What does Roger do during Gerry's lessons?
3. Why can Gerry hear the Rose-Beetle Man before he sees him?
4. How does Gerry describe the bay?
5. What illness does Margo suffer from in the English weather?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did George get Gerry interested in history?
2. How do the islanders see Spiro?
3. What mishap occurred, in front of the Greek King, at the stage show of Battle of Thermopylae?
4. Why was Yani one of the people Gerry liked best?
5. Why was it important to Gerry's mother that he mention she was a widow?
6. Why was Thursday tea with Theodore an appointment Gerry would not have missed for anything?
7. How does Gerry describe the Strawberry-Pink Villa?
8. How does Margo act as a hypochondriac in Part I: Chapter 1, The Unsuspected Isle?
9. How did Spiro act as the Durrell family's caretaker?
10. How does the Durrell family breakfast play out?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)