|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kralefsky end up with two broken ribs?
(a) Wrestling with Gerry.
(b) Fighting with a bull-terrier.
(c) Carrying an overweight lady and then slipping on a wet stone.
(d) Falling down stairs.
2. In Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies, who tutors Gerry in the summer?
3. Where does Spiro obtain Gerry's goldfish?
(a) The pet store.
(b) The palace of the Greek King.
(c) The palace of Spirodian.
(d) The bay.
4. Who does Gerry walk to the sea with?
(a) A criminal.
(d) Old Plop.
5. Who are Widdle and Puke?
(a) Two puppies Gerry receives for his birthday.
(b) Two tortoises Gerry receives for his birthday.
(c) Two owls Gerry receives for his birthday.
(d) Two magenpies Gerry receives for his birthday.
6. What does Kralefsky consider to be "the ticket"?
(a) Natural history.
7. What event gets Margo out of the attic?
(a) Leslie's burglar trap going off.
(b) Peter returning for her.
(c) Gerry pleading with her.
(d) Mother's delicious meals.
8. What does Larry find in the matchbox when he wants to light his cigarette?
(a) A female scorpion and her babies.
(b) Baby scorpions.
(c) An earwig.
(d) A female scorpion.
9. What languages do the magenpies learn to speak?
(a) Greek and English.
(b) French and English.
(c) English and Spanish.
(d) French and Greek.
10. What names are given to the magpies that Gerry takes from the nest?
(a) Dee and Dum.
(b) Widdle and Puke.
(d) Achilles and Ulysses.
11. When Spiro brings the mail, what does the bulk of Margo's mail consist of?
(a) Romance novels.
(b) Fashion magazines.
(c) Gun catalogues.
(d) Dieting magazines.
12. Who is Old Plop?
(a) A criminal.
(b) An old Greecian peasant man who makes a plopping noise when he sits.
(c) A big old fish in the bay.
(d) A large and ancient terrapin.
13. Whose room do the magpies that Gerry takes from the nest disrupt?
14. Instead of catching Old Plop, what does Gerry catch?
(a) A big old fish in the bay.
(b) Two water-snakes.
(c) A criminal.
(d) The flu.
15. At the snow-white villa, what does Gerry get on intimate terms with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the family preparing for in Part III: Chapter 18, An Entertainment with Animals?
2. Who is Gerry's tutor in the beginning of Part III: Chapter 14, The Talking Flowers?
3. How is the Durrell family described on the train back to England?
4. What does Mother name her Dandy Dinmont?
5. Where does Mother say she wants to be buried?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)