|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most striking attribute of the Belgian consul?
(a) His three-point beard.
(b) His tall stature.
(c) His immaculate clothing.
(d) His accent.
2. What is Kralefsky's special interest?
(d) Aquatic life.
3. From what union does Dodo bear a puppy?
(a) Her union with Roger.
(b) Her union with Ulysses.
(c) Her union with Widdle.
(d) Her union with Puke.
4. Where does Geronimo live?
(a) In the snow-white villa.
(b) In Mother's room.
(c) In the zinna bed.
(d) With Spiro.
5. Who does Gerry walk to the sea with?
(b) Old Plop.
(d) A criminal.
6. Where does Spiro obtain Gerry's goldfish?
(a) The palace of Spirodian.
(b) The palace of the Greek King.
(c) The bay.
(d) The pet store.
7. What gives Spiro a weak stomach?
(c) Riding in the Sea Cow.
8. How does the family feel about Great Aunt Hermione?
(a) They do not like her.
(b) She is their favorite relative.
(c) They love her and look forward to her visits.
(d) They do not like her taste in modern music.
9. What is the name of Gerry's book that he starts writing in Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies?
(a) My Adventures with Roger.
(b) Natural History of Corfu.
(c) Fauna of Corfu.
(d) Boy's Own Paper.
10. What uncharacteristic thing does Larry do in Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter?
(a) Take dancing lessons.
(b) Help Mother in the kitchen.
(c) Go hunting.
(d) Go on a diet.
11. What does Larry find in the matchbox when he wants to light his cigarette?
(a) An earwig.
(b) Baby scorpions.
(c) A female scorpion.
(d) A female scorpion and her babies.
12. Why do Gerry and Kralefsky go to the top of his house?
(a) To give the birds water.
(b) To feed the birds.
(c) To feel the warm sunshine.
(d) To see which way the wind was blowing.
13. What is the one thing that Roger, Widdle, and Puke find interesting about Dodo?
(a) She comes into season regularly.
(b) She can sneak treats for them.
(c) She can catch her tail.
(d) She can jump high.
14. What languages do the magenpies learn to speak?
(a) French and Greek.
(b) Greek and English.
(c) French and English.
(d) English and Spanish.
15. What does Kralefsky consider to be "the ticket"?
(a) Natural history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the black-backed gull Gerry acquires from the criminal?
2. Why is the snow-white villa given its name?
3. What are the Chessboard Fields named after?
4. Why does Mother dispense of Peter's services?
5. In Part II: Chapter 11, The Enchanted Archipelago, what addition is made to the Sea Cow?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)