|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing that Roger, Widdle, and Puke find interesting about Dodo?
(a) She can jump high.
(b) She can catch her tail.
(c) She comes into season regularly.
(d) She can sneak treats for them.
2. Where does Spiro obtain Gerry's goldfish?
(a) The palace of Spirodian.
(b) The bay.
(c) The palace of the Greek King.
(d) The pet store.
3. What event gets Margo out of the attic?
(a) Mother's delicious meals.
(b) Leslie's burglar trap going off.
(c) Gerry pleading with her.
(d) Peter returning for her.
4. At the snow-white villa, what does Gerry get on intimate terms with?
5. What does Gerry say "danced and twisted like wind-blown confetti" in the summer?
(c) Olive leaves.
6. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
7. How does the family feel about Great Aunt Hermione?
(a) They do not like her taste in modern music.
(b) They do not like her.
(c) They love her and look forward to her visits.
(d) She is their favorite relative.
8. What does Mother name her Dandy Dinmont?
9. Who does Gerry walk to the sea with?
(a) Old Plop.
(c) A criminal.
10. Where is the Durrell family planning to move in Part II: Conversation?
(a) To England.
(b) To a smaller villa.
(c) To a bigger villa.
(d) To another island in Greece.
11. What illuminates the family's nighttime picnic at the bay?
(a) Fireflies and lanterns.
(b) Lanterns and a fire.
(c) Fireflies and phosphorus.
(d) Phosphorus and cigarettes.
12. What does Larry find in the matchbox when he wants to light his cigarette?
(a) Baby scorpions.
(b) A female scorpion and her babies.
(c) An earwig.
(d) A female scorpion.
13. What is the name of Gerry's book that he starts writing in Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies?
(a) Fauna of Corfu.
(b) My Adventures with Roger.
(c) Boy's Own Paper.
(d) Natural History of Corfu.
14. In Part II: Conversation, where does the family spend most of its time eating, sleeping, reading, and/or arguing?
(a) The olive groves.
(b) The garden.
(c) The veranda.
(d) The bay.
15. Where does Mother say she wants to be buried?
(a) Lake Antinoitissa.
(b) Lake Ocarina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event occurs at the end of Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter that causes the family great distress?
2. What colors are the cyclamen that grow under the olive trees?
3. What is wrong with Theodore's friend's house when another floor is added?
4. Whose room do the magpies that Gerry takes from the nest disrupt?
5. Which two Durrell family members get motion sickness in the boats?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)