|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kralefsky teach Gerry the French language?
(a) With a set of zoology books.
(b) By walking around town and naming things.
(c) By repetition and drills.
(d) With a set of bird books.
2. Why does Gerry go to the sea in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) To wash and fish.
(b) To wash and eat cockles.
(c) To eat fish and cockles.
(d) To wash and get a bird.
3. Who is Gerry's tutor in the beginning of Part III: Chapter 14, The Talking Flowers?
(b) Mr. Kralefsky.
4. What languages do the magenpies learn to speak?
(a) French and Greek.
(b) Greek and English.
(c) English and Spanish.
(d) French and English.
5. Whose room do the magpies that Gerry takes from the nest disrupt?
6. Why does Mother dispense of Peter's services?
(a) Because he is rude to Larry.
(b) Because he and Margo are getting too close.
(c) Because his wage is too high for them to pay while in the bigger house.
(d) Because Gerry is not learning anything.
7. What uncharacteristic thing does Larry do in Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter?
(a) Take dancing lessons.
(b) Help Mother in the kitchen.
(c) Go hunting.
(d) Go on a diet.
8. What does Kralefsky's mother think about flowers?
(a) That they can talk.
(b) That birds prefer daisies.
(c) They are wonderful to work with.
(d) They smell beautiful.
9. Why is Leslie's bath impeded in Part 3, Chapter 18?
(a) Gerry has his water-snakes in the bath.
(b) He has to help save Dodo from the angry dogs.
(c) Margo had used all the towels.
(d) The water is shut off.
10. In Part II: Conversation, where does the family spend most of its time eating, sleeping, reading, and/or arguing?
(a) The olive groves.
(b) The garden.
(c) The bay.
(d) The veranda.
11. Why are the sea fauna greatly attracted to the archipelago?
(a) The sea fauna is actually stuck there from low tides.
(b) The water around the archipelago is rich in minerals.
(c) The reason is never discovered.
(d) The archipelago provides the sea fauna a safe haven from predators.
12. Where does Spiro obtain Gerry's goldfish?
(a) The palace of Spirodian.
(b) The pet store.
(c) The bay.
(d) The palace of the Greek King.
13. At the snow-white villa, what does Gerry get on intimate terms with?
14. What is the name of the black-backed gull Gerry acquires from the criminal?
15. Where does Geronimo live?
(a) In the zinna bed.
(b) With Spiro.
(c) In Mother's room.
(d) In the snow-white villa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother name her Dandy Dinmont?
2. Why do the Durrells decide to move back to England?
3. What event occurs at the end of Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter that causes the family great distress?
4. When returning to the villa with his horn blaring, what does Spiro have with him for the party?
5. The toads that Gerry finds are the size of:
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)