|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the summer, what makes the island vibrate with their cries?
(a) Peasant women.
2. At the end of Part II: Conversation, what proverb does Margo share about change?
(a) Change is necessary.
(b) Change is always present in our lives.
(c) Change is as good as a feast.
(d) Change is always painful at first, but then rewarding as a blue ribbon.
3. What does the crumbling wall that surrounded the sunken garden provide Gerry?
(a) Something to spackle.
(b) A great view of the Tortoise Hills.
(c) An imaginary world of make-believe.
(d) A rich hunting ground.
4. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
5. How does Kralefsky teach Gerry the French language?
(a) By walking around town and naming things.
(b) By repetition and drills.
(c) With a set of zoology books.
(d) With a set of bird books.
6. When Gerry reaches the nest at the top of the olive tree, what do his dogs below look like?
(a) They look like their regular size.
(b) The size of pimpernel flowers.
(c) The size of ants.
(d) As small as a toad.
7. What is the name given to Gerry's boat?
(a) The Bootle.
(b) The Bumtrinket.
(c) The Bootle-Bumtrinket.
(d) The Sea Calf.
8. What does Kralefsky's mother think about flowers?
(a) They are wonderful to work with.
(b) That they can talk.
(c) They smell beautiful.
(d) That birds prefer daisies.
9. How does the family feel about Great Aunt Hermione?
(a) They do not like her.
(b) They love her and look forward to her visits.
(c) She is their favorite relative.
(d) They do not like her taste in modern music.
10. Who is Old Plop?
(a) An old Greecian peasant man who makes a plopping noise when he sits.
(b) A big old fish in the bay.
(c) A large and ancient terrapin.
(d) A criminal.
11. Why does Gerry go to the sea in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) To wash and eat cockles.
(b) To eat fish and cockles.
(c) To wash and fish.
(d) To wash and get a bird.
12. What is the family preparing for in Part III: Chapter 18, An Entertainment with Animals?
(a) A circus.
(b) A party.
(c) A birthday.
(d) A going away party.
13. Who are Widdle and Puke?
(a) Two owls Gerry receives for his birthday.
(b) Two puppies Gerry receives for his birthday.
(c) Two magenpies Gerry receives for his birthday.
(d) Two tortoises Gerry receives for his birthday.
14. Under the loose plaster of the crumbing wall, what does Gerry find?
(a) A black scorpion.
(c) A black beetle.
(d) A white scorpion.
15. What does Mother name her Dandy Dinmont?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose room do the magpies that Gerry takes from the nest disrupt?
2. What does Kralefsky consider to be "the ticket"?
3. Why are the sea fauna greatly attracted to the archipelago?
4. Who does Gerry ask to build him a boat so he can visit the archipelago?
5. How does Kralefsky end up with two broken ribs?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)