|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under the loose plaster of the crumbing wall, what does Gerry find?
(a) A white scorpion.
(b) A black beetle.
(d) A black scorpion.
2. The toads that Gerry finds are the size of:
(a) A large plate.
(b) A small tortoise.
(c) An average size saucer.
(d) A teacup.
3. In Part II: Chapter 11, The Enchanted Archipelago, what addition is made to the Sea Cow?
(a) An outboard engine.
(b) A bell.
(c) Additional oars.
4. What event occurs at the end of Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter that causes the family great distress?
(a) Gerry's scorpion's babies get out of the matchboxes.
(b) The magenpies get out.
(c) Leslie's burglar alarm.
(d) A fire in the house.
5. What does Kralefsky consider to be "the ticket"?
(a) Natural history.
6. Whose room do the magpies that Gerry takes from the nest disrupt?
7. What is Kralefsky's special interest?
(b) Aquatic life.
8. What is the family preparing for in Part III: Chapter 18, An Entertainment with Animals?
(a) A circus.
(b) A party.
(c) A birthday.
(d) A going away party.
9. Why does Mother dispense of Peter's services?
(a) Because his wage is too high for them to pay while in the bigger house.
(b) Because Gerry is not learning anything.
(c) Because he is rude to Larry.
(d) Because he and Margo are getting too close.
10. Why do Gerry and Kralefsky go to the top of his house?
(a) To feel the warm sunshine.
(b) To feed the birds.
(c) To give the birds water.
(d) To see which way the wind was blowing.
11. Which two Durrell family members get motion sickness in the boats?
(a) Puke and Peter.
(b) Mother and Dodo.
(c) Theodore and Puke.
(d) Theodore and Dodo.
12. What colors are the cyclamen that grow under the olive trees?
(a) Magenta and red-wine.
(b) Magenta and white.
(c) Red-wine and white.
(d) White and purple.
13. What does Gerry name the gecko that takes up residence in his bedroom?
14. What does Kralefsky's mother think about flowers?
(a) They smell beautiful.
(b) That birds prefer daisies.
(c) They are wonderful to work with.
(d) That they can talk.
15. What does Mother name her Dandy Dinmont?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gerry's tutor in the beginning of Part III: Chapter 14, The Talking Flowers?
2. In Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies, who tutors Gerry in the summer?
3. What does Gerry say "danced and twisted like wind-blown confetti" in the summer?
4. What are the Chessboard Fields named after?
5. How is the Durrell family described on the train back to England?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)