|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the matchbox incident, what happens to Gerry?
(a) He is grounded for ten days.
(b) He has to get a job.
(c) He receives Greek lessons with Spiro.
(d) He receives French lessons with the Belgian consul.
2. Why are the sea fauna greatly attracted to the archipelago?
(a) The reason is never discovered.
(b) The archipelago provides the sea fauna a safe haven from predators.
(c) The water around the archipelago is rich in minerals.
(d) The sea fauna is actually stuck there from low tides.
3. Who is Gerry's tutor in the beginning of Part III: Chapter 14, The Talking Flowers?
(a) Mr. Kralefsky.
4. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
5. Where does Geronimo live?
(a) With Spiro.
(b) In the snow-white villa.
(c) In Mother's room.
(d) In the zinna bed.
6. How does Kralefsky end up with two broken ribs?
(a) Wrestling with Gerry.
(b) Falling down stairs.
(c) Carrying an overweight lady and then slipping on a wet stone.
(d) Fighting with a bull-terrier.
7. The toads that Gerry finds are the size of:
(a) An average size saucer.
(b) A large plate.
(c) A small tortoise.
(d) A teacup.
8. What languages do the magenpies learn to speak?
(a) French and Greek.
(b) English and Spanish.
(c) French and English.
(d) Greek and English.
9. What does Mother name her Dandy Dinmont?
10. How does winter come to the island of Corfu?
(b) With a howl and a shriek.
(c) Slowly and steadily.
11. Why is Leslie's bath impeded in Part 3, Chapter 18?
(a) He has to help save Dodo from the angry dogs.
(b) The water is shut off.
(c) Gerry has his water-snakes in the bath.
(d) Margo had used all the towels.
12. What is Kralefsky's special interest?
(d) Aquatic life.
13. What event gets Margo out of the attic?
(a) Peter returning for her.
(b) Leslie's burglar trap going off.
(c) Gerry pleading with her.
(d) Mother's delicious meals.
14. Why does Gerry go to the sea in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) To wash and eat cockles.
(b) To wash and get a bird.
(c) To eat fish and cockles.
(d) To wash and fish.
15. How does the family feel about Great Aunt Hermione?
(a) She is their favorite relative.
(b) They do not like her taste in modern music.
(c) They do not like her.
(d) They love her and look forward to her visits.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gerry reaches the nest at the top of the olive tree, what do his dogs below look like?
2. Why is the snow-white villa given its name?
3. Where is the Durrell family planning to move in Part II: Conversation?
4. Who does Gerry ask to build him a boat so he can visit the archipelago?
5. What is the one thing that Roger, Widdle, and Puke find interesting about Dodo?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)