|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the family preparing for in Part III: Chapter 18, An Entertainment with Animals?
(a) A party.
(b) A going away party.
(c) A birthday.
(d) A circus.
2. Where does Geronimo live?
(a) In Mother's room.
(b) With Spiro.
(c) In the zinna bed.
(d) In the snow-white villa.
3. In Part II: Chapter 11, The Enchanted Archipelago, what addition is made to the Sea Cow?
(b) A bell.
(c) Additional oars.
(d) An outboard engine.
4. Who is Old Plop?
(a) An old Greecian peasant man who makes a plopping noise when he sits.
(b) A criminal.
(c) A large and ancient terrapin.
(d) A big old fish in the bay.
5. Where does Spiro obtain Gerry's goldfish?
(a) The pet store.
(b) The bay.
(c) The palace of Spirodian.
(d) The palace of the Greek King.
6. What is the name of the black-backed gull Gerry acquires from the criminal?
7. What colors are the cyclamen that grow under the olive trees?
(a) Magenta and white.
(b) White and purple.
(c) Magenta and red-wine.
(d) Red-wine and white.
8. From what union does Dodo bear a puppy?
(a) Her union with Roger.
(b) Her union with Widdle.
(c) Her union with Puke.
(d) Her union with Ulysses.
9. Why does Mother dispense of Peter's services?
(a) Because Gerry is not learning anything.
(b) Because he is rude to Larry.
(c) Because he and Margo are getting too close.
(d) Because his wage is too high for them to pay while in the bigger house.
10. What is the name of Gerry's book that he starts writing in Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies?
(a) Boy's Own Paper.
(b) My Adventures with Roger.
(c) Fauna of Corfu.
(d) Natural History of Corfu.
11. Who is Gerry's tutor in the beginning of Part III: Chapter 14, The Talking Flowers?
(d) Mr. Kralefsky.
12. How does Kralefsky teach Gerry the French language?
(a) With a set of bird books.
(b) By repetition and drills.
(c) With a set of zoology books.
(d) By walking around town and naming things.
13. What illuminates the family's nighttime picnic at the bay?
(a) Lanterns and a fire.
(b) Fireflies and lanterns.
(c) Phosphorus and cigarettes.
(d) Fireflies and phosphorus.
14. Where does Mother say she wants to be buried?
(a) Lake Antinoitissa.
(d) Lake Ocarina.
15. When returning to the villa with his horn blaring, what does Spiro have with him for the party?
(a) Larry's manuscript from the publisher.
(b) The doctor for Kralefsky.
(c) Three cooked turkeys.
(d) The Greek King.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many baby magpies does Gerry take from the nest?
2. At the snow-white villa, what does Gerry get on intimate terms with?
3. Why is the snow-white villa given its name?
4. In Part II: Conversation, where does the family spend most of its time eating, sleeping, reading, and/or arguing?
5. Why are the sea fauna greatly attracted to the archipelago?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)