|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother dispense of Peter's services?
(a) Because his wage is too high for them to pay while in the bigger house.
(b) Because Gerry is not learning anything.
(c) Because he and Margo are getting too close.
(d) Because he is rude to Larry.
2. Who is Old Plop?
(a) A big old fish in the bay.
(b) A criminal.
(c) An old Greecian peasant man who makes a plopping noise when he sits.
(d) A large and ancient terrapin.
3. Who does Gerry ask to build him a boat so he can visit the archipelago?
4. What event occurs at the end of Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter that causes the family great distress?
(a) Leslie's burglar alarm.
(b) A fire in the house.
(c) Gerry's scorpion's babies get out of the matchboxes.
(d) The magenpies get out.
5. What is the one thing that Roger, Widdle, and Puke find interesting about Dodo?
(a) She can sneak treats for them.
(b) She comes into season regularly.
(c) She can jump high.
(d) She can catch her tail.
6. In Part II: Conversation, where does the family spend most of its time eating, sleeping, reading, and/or arguing?
(a) The olive groves.
(b) The veranda.
(c) The garden.
(d) The bay.
7. What gives Spiro a weak stomach?
(c) Riding in the Sea Cow.
8. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
9. Why do Gerry and Kralefsky go to the top of his house?
(a) To give the birds water.
(b) To see which way the wind was blowing.
(c) To feel the warm sunshine.
(d) To feed the birds.
10. Why do the Durrells decide to move back to England?
(a) For Gerry's education.
(b) The bank demands their presence.
(c) Because they miss merry ole England.
(d) Great Aunt Hermione died.
11. Where does Geronimo live?
(a) In the snow-white villa.
(b) In the zinna bed.
(c) In Mother's room.
(d) With Spiro.
12. At the snow-white villa, what does Gerry get on intimate terms with?
13. The toads that Gerry finds are the size of:
(a) A large plate.
(b) A small tortoise.
(c) A teacup.
(d) An average size saucer.
14. What riveting news does Mother receive in a letter from Great Aunt Hermione?
(a) Henry passed away.
(b) That Aunt Mabel moved to Sussex.
(c) That she wants to come and stay.
(d) Henry broke his leg.
15. What does Kralefsky consider to be "the ticket"?
(c) Natural history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the family preparing for in Part III: Chapter 18, An Entertainment with Animals?
2. What is the name of Gerry's book that he starts writing in Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies?
3. Where is the Durrell family planning to move in Part II: Conversation?
4. How does Kralefsky end up with two broken ribs?
5. Why is Leslie's bath impeded in Part 3, Chapter 18?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)