|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event occurs at the end of Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter that causes the family great distress?
(a) The magenpies get out.
(b) A fire in the house.
(c) Gerry's scorpion's babies get out of the matchboxes.
(d) Leslie's burglar alarm.
2. What is the name given to Gerry's boat?
(a) The Bootle.
(b) The Sea Calf.
(c) The Bumtrinket.
(d) The Bootle-Bumtrinket.
3. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
4. From what union does Dodo bear a puppy?
(a) Her union with Widdle.
(b) Her union with Puke.
(c) Her union with Ulysses.
(d) Her union with Roger.
5. Why do Gerry and Kralefsky go to the top of his house?
(a) To feed the birds.
(b) To give the birds water.
(c) To feel the warm sunshine.
(d) To see which way the wind was blowing.
6. What is the one thing that Roger, Widdle, and Puke find interesting about Dodo?
(a) She can jump high.
(b) She can sneak treats for them.
(c) She can catch her tail.
(d) She comes into season regularly.
7. Who is Gerry's tutor in the beginning of Part III: Chapter 14, The Talking Flowers?
(b) Mr. Kralefsky.
8. Where is the Durrell family planning to move in Part II: Conversation?
(a) To a bigger villa.
(b) To a smaller villa.
(c) To England.
(d) To another island in Greece.
9. What is Kralefsky's special interest?
(d) Aquatic life.
10. What does Kralefsky consider to be "the ticket"?
(b) Natural history.
11. Instead of catching Old Plop, what does Gerry catch?
(a) The flu.
(b) A big old fish in the bay.
(c) Two water-snakes.
(d) A criminal.
12. What does Mother name her Dandy Dinmont?
13. Who is Old Plop?
(a) A large and ancient terrapin.
(b) A criminal.
(c) An old Greecian peasant man who makes a plopping noise when he sits.
(d) A big old fish in the bay.
14. What is wrong with Theodore's friend's house when another floor is added?
(a) The windows will not open.
(b) There are no stairs.
(c) They use poor materials.
(d) They do not have zoning permits.
15. What is the name of the black-backed gull Gerry acquires from the criminal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larry find in the matchbox when he wants to light his cigarette?
2. Why does Gerry go to the sea in Part 3, Chapter 17?
3. How does the family feel about Great Aunt Hermione?
4. Why are the sea fauna greatly attracted to the archipelago?
5. Why is Leslie's bath impeded in Part 3, Chapter 18?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)