|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kralefsky end up with two broken ribs?
(a) Wrestling with Gerry.
(b) Falling down stairs.
(c) Carrying an overweight lady and then slipping on a wet stone.
(d) Fighting with a bull-terrier.
2. What gives Spiro a weak stomach?
(d) Riding in the Sea Cow.
3. Who does Gerry walk to the sea with?
(a) Old Plop.
(d) A criminal.
4. Why do Gerry and Kralefsky go to the top of his house?
(a) To feed the birds.
(b) To feel the warm sunshine.
(c) To give the birds water.
(d) To see which way the wind was blowing.
5. What is the family preparing for in Part III: Chapter 18, An Entertainment with Animals?
(a) A circus.
(b) A birthday.
(c) A going away party.
(d) A party.
6. What is the most striking attribute of the Belgian consul?
(a) His tall stature.
(b) His immaculate clothing.
(c) His three-point beard.
(d) His accent.
7. Instead of catching Old Plop, what does Gerry catch?
(a) The flu.
(b) Two water-snakes.
(c) A criminal.
(d) A big old fish in the bay.
8. How is the Durrell family described on the train back to England?
(a) "One traveling circus and staff."
(b) "The Durrell Family Circus."
(c) "The Durrells."
(d) "A staff of circus goers."
9. Why are the sea fauna greatly attracted to the archipelago?
(a) The sea fauna is actually stuck there from low tides.
(b) The archipelago provides the sea fauna a safe haven from predators.
(c) The reason is never discovered.
(d) The water around the archipelago is rich in minerals.
10. What does Kralefsky consider to be "the ticket"?
(c) Natural history.
11. Who does Gerry ask to build him a boat so he can visit the archipelago?
12. What event occurs at the end of Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter that causes the family great distress?
(a) Gerry's scorpion's babies get out of the matchboxes.
(b) Leslie's burglar alarm.
(c) The magenpies get out.
(d) A fire in the house.
13. What does Mother name her Dandy Dinmont?
14. From what union does Dodo bear a puppy?
(a) Her union with Widdle.
(b) Her union with Puke.
(c) Her union with Roger.
(d) Her union with Ulysses.
15. What is the name of Gerry's book that he starts writing in Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies?
(a) Natural History of Corfu.
(b) My Adventures with Roger.
(c) Boy's Own Paper.
(d) Fauna of Corfu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Durrell family planning to move in Part II: Conversation?
2. In Part II: Conversation, where does the family spend most of its time eating, sleeping, reading, and/or arguing?
3. Which two Durrell family members get motion sickness in the boats?
4. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
5. In Part II: Chapter 11, The Enchanted Archipelago, what addition is made to the Sea Cow?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)