|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What riveting news does Mother receive in a letter from Great Aunt Hermione?
(a) Henry passed away.
(b) That she wants to come and stay.
(c) That Aunt Mabel moved to Sussex.
(d) Henry broke his leg.
2. What event occurs at the end of Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter that causes the family great distress?
(a) A fire in the house.
(b) The magenpies get out.
(c) Leslie's burglar alarm.
(d) Gerry's scorpion's babies get out of the matchboxes.
3. What is wrong with Theodore's friend's house when another floor is added?
(a) They use poor materials.
(b) The windows will not open.
(c) There are no stairs.
(d) They do not have zoning permits.
4. Why does Gerry go to the sea in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) To wash and eat cockles.
(b) To wash and fish.
(c) To eat fish and cockles.
(d) To wash and get a bird.
5. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
6. Why is Leslie's bath impeded in Part 3, Chapter 18?
(a) Margo had used all the towels.
(b) He has to help save Dodo from the angry dogs.
(c) The water is shut off.
(d) Gerry has his water-snakes in the bath.
7. What are the Chessboard Fields named after?
(a) Fields sprawling with small square crops.
(b) Fields sprawling with flowers in a chessboard pattern.
(c) Mr. Chessboard, a Englishman who once lived on Corfu.
(d) A field where the peasants play chess every Sunday.
8. How does Kralefsky end up with two broken ribs?
(a) Wrestling with Gerry.
(b) Carrying an overweight lady and then slipping on a wet stone.
(c) Falling down stairs.
(d) Fighting with a bull-terrier.
9. In Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies, who tutors Gerry in the summer?
10. From what union does Dodo bear a puppy?
(a) Her union with Ulysses.
(b) Her union with Roger.
(c) Her union with Puke.
(d) Her union with Widdle.
11. What does Kralefsky consider to be "the ticket"?
(d) Natural history.
12. What does Gerry name the gecko that takes up residence in his bedroom?
13. How is the Durrell family described on the train back to England?
(a) "A staff of circus goers."
(b) "The Durrell Family Circus."
(c) "The Durrells."
(d) "One traveling circus and staff."
14. How many baby magpies does Gerry take from the nest?
15. What is the one thing that Roger, Widdle, and Puke find interesting about Dodo?
(a) She can catch her tail.
(b) She can sneak treats for them.
(c) She can jump high.
(d) She comes into season regularly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the sea fauna greatly attracted to the archipelago?
2. What names are given to the magpies that Gerry takes from the nest?
3. Who does Gerry walk to the sea with?
4. Whose room do the magpies that Gerry takes from the nest disrupt?
5. Where is the Durrell family planning to move in Part II: Conversation?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)