|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What names are given to the magpies that Gerry takes from the nest?
(a) Dee and Dum.
(c) Achilles and Ulysses.
(d) Widdle and Puke.
2. How does the family feel about Great Aunt Hermione?
(a) They love her and look forward to her visits.
(b) She is their favorite relative.
(c) They do not like her taste in modern music.
(d) They do not like her.
3. Why are the sea fauna greatly attracted to the archipelago?
(a) The reason is never discovered.
(b) The archipelago provides the sea fauna a safe haven from predators.
(c) The water around the archipelago is rich in minerals.
(d) The sea fauna is actually stuck there from low tides.
4. Instead of catching Old Plop, what does Gerry catch?
(a) The flu.
(b) A big old fish in the bay.
(c) A criminal.
(d) Two water-snakes.
5. Whose room do the magpies that Gerry takes from the nest disrupt?
6. At the snow-white villa, what does Gerry get on intimate terms with?
7. How many baby magpies does Gerry take from the nest?
8. What gives Spiro a weak stomach?
(b) Riding in the Sea Cow.
9. Why do Gerry and Kralefsky go to the top of his house?
(a) To feed the birds.
(b) To see which way the wind was blowing.
(c) To give the birds water.
(d) To feel the warm sunshine.
10. What is the one thing that Roger, Widdle, and Puke find interesting about Dodo?
(a) She can jump high.
(b) She comes into season regularly.
(c) She can catch her tail.
(d) She can sneak treats for them.
11. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
12. In Part II: Conversation, where does the family spend most of its time eating, sleeping, reading, and/or arguing?
(a) The garden.
(b) The veranda.
(c) The bay.
(d) The olive groves.
13. In the summer, what makes the island vibrate with their cries?
(c) Peasant women.
14. How does Kralefsky teach Gerry the French language?
(a) By repetition and drills.
(b) With a set of zoology books.
(c) By walking around town and naming things.
(d) With a set of bird books.
15. What does Gerry name the gecko that takes up residence in his bedroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. When returning to the villa with his horn blaring, what does Spiro have with him for the party?
2. In Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies, who tutors Gerry in the summer?
3. Aside from the sirocco, what impedes Margo's return from the island where she seeks solitude?
4. Why is Leslie's bath impeded in Part 3, Chapter 18?
5. When Gerry reaches the nest at the top of the olive tree, what do his dogs below look like?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)