|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Geronimo live?
(a) In the snow-white villa.
(b) In Mother's room.
(c) With Spiro.
(d) In the zinna bed.
2. Who is Gerry's tutor in the beginning of Part III: Chapter 14, The Talking Flowers?
(d) Mr. Kralefsky.
3. What does Kralefsky consider to be "the ticket"?
(b) Natural history.
4. In the summer, what makes the island vibrate with their cries?
(c) Peasant women.
5. The toads that Gerry finds are the size of:
(a) A teacup.
(b) An average size saucer.
(c) A large plate.
(d) A small tortoise.
6. From what union does Dodo bear a puppy?
(a) Her union with Roger.
(b) Her union with Ulysses.
(c) Her union with Puke.
(d) Her union with Widdle.
7. What is the most striking attribute of the Belgian consul?
(a) His three-point beard.
(b) His immaculate clothing.
(c) His tall stature.
(d) His accent.
8. What event gets Margo out of the attic?
(a) Mother's delicious meals.
(b) Gerry pleading with her.
(c) Peter returning for her.
(d) Leslie's burglar trap going off.
9. What names are given to the magpies that Gerry takes from the nest?
(a) Achilles and Ulysses.
(b) Widdle and Puke.
(d) Dee and Dum.
10. How does winter come to the island of Corfu?
(b) With a howl and a shriek.
(c) Slowly and steadily.
11. Why is the snow-white villa given its name?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) Snow White lived there.
(c) The paperwhite surrounding it are in full bloom.
(d) Its color is white as snow.
12. What event occurs at the end of Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter that causes the family great distress?
(a) A fire in the house.
(b) Gerry's scorpion's babies get out of the matchboxes.
(c) Leslie's burglar alarm.
(d) The magenpies get out.
13. What does the crumbling wall that surrounded the sunken garden provide Gerry?
(a) Something to spackle.
(b) An imaginary world of make-believe.
(c) A rich hunting ground.
(d) A great view of the Tortoise Hills.
14. Under the loose plaster of the crumbing wall, what does Gerry find?
(a) A black beetle.
(c) A white scorpion.
(d) A black scorpion.
15. What uncharacteristic thing does Larry do in Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter?
(a) Go on a diet.
(b) Help Mother in the kitchen.
(c) Go hunting.
(d) Take dancing lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the family preparing for in Part III: Chapter 18, An Entertainment with Animals?
2. What are the Chessboard Fields named after?
3. How many guest RSVP to Gerry's birthday party?
4. What does Mother name her Dandy Dinmont?
5. How is the Durrell family described on the train back to England?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)