|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most striking attribute of the Belgian consul?
(a) His tall stature.
(b) His accent.
(c) His immaculate clothing.
(d) His three-point beard.
2. What riveting news does Mother receive in a letter from Great Aunt Hermione?
(a) Henry broke his leg.
(b) That she wants to come and stay.
(c) Henry passed away.
(d) That Aunt Mabel moved to Sussex.
3. While squirrel hunting, what does Gerry find instead?
(a) A large tortoise.
(b) A baby racoon.
(c) A baby owl.
(d) A baby bat.
4. When returning to the villa with his horn blaring, what does Spiro have with him for the party?
(a) The Greek King.
(b) Larry's manuscript from the publisher.
(c) The doctor for Kralefsky.
(d) Three cooked turkeys.
5. What event gets Margo out of the attic?
(a) Leslie's burglar trap going off.
(b) Peter returning for her.
(c) Gerry pleading with her.
(d) Mother's delicious meals.
6. What colors are the cyclamen that grow under the olive trees?
(a) Magenta and white.
(b) White and purple.
(c) Magenta and red-wine.
(d) Red-wine and white.
7. What uncharacteristic thing does Larry do in Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter?
(a) Help Mother in the kitchen.
(b) Go hunting.
(c) Take dancing lessons.
(d) Go on a diet.
8. Who is Gerry's tutor in the beginning of Part III: Chapter 14, The Talking Flowers?
(b) Mr. Kralefsky.
9. What does Mother name her Dandy Dinmont?
10. Why is Leslie's bath impeded in Part 3, Chapter 18?
(a) He has to help save Dodo from the angry dogs.
(b) Margo had used all the towels.
(c) The water is shut off.
(d) Gerry has his water-snakes in the bath.
11. In Part II: Conversation, where does the family spend most of its time eating, sleeping, reading, and/or arguing?
(a) The bay.
(b) The olive groves.
(c) The veranda.
(d) The garden.
12. Who does Gerry ask to build him a boat so he can visit the archipelago?
13. What does Kralefsky's mother think about flowers?
(a) That birds prefer daisies.
(b) They smell beautiful.
(c) They are wonderful to work with.
(d) That they can talk.
14. The toads that Gerry finds are the size of:
(a) A large plate.
(b) A teacup.
(c) An average size saucer.
(d) A small tortoise.
15. What is the one thing that Roger, Widdle, and Puke find interesting about Dodo?
(a) She can jump high.
(b) She can catch her tail.
(c) She comes into season regularly.
(d) She can sneak treats for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the sea fauna greatly attracted to the archipelago?
2. When Spiro brings the mail, what does the bulk of Margo's mail consist of?
3. At the snow-white villa, what does Gerry get on intimate terms with?
4. What does Kralefsky consider to be "the ticket"?
5. How does Kralefsky end up with two broken ribs?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)