|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What riveting news does Mother receive in a letter from Great Aunt Hermione?
(a) That she wants to come and stay.
(b) That Aunt Mabel moved to Sussex.
(c) Henry broke his leg.
(d) Henry passed away.
2. At the snow-white villa, what does Gerry get on intimate terms with?
3. Whose room do the magpies that Gerry takes from the nest disrupt?
4. When Spiro brings the mail, what does the bulk of Margo's mail consist of?
(a) Fashion magazines.
(b) Dieting magazines.
(c) Romance novels.
(d) Gun catalogues.
5. What does Gerry say "danced and twisted like wind-blown confetti" in the summer?
(d) Olive leaves.
6. When Gerry reaches the nest at the top of the olive tree, what do his dogs below look like?
(a) The size of pimpernel flowers.
(b) The size of ants.
(c) They look like their regular size.
(d) As small as a toad.
7. Who does Gerry ask to build him a boat so he can visit the archipelago?
8. Why are the sea fauna greatly attracted to the archipelago?
(a) The archipelago provides the sea fauna a safe haven from predators.
(b) The sea fauna is actually stuck there from low tides.
(c) The water around the archipelago is rich in minerals.
(d) The reason is never discovered.
9. Why do Gerry and Kralefsky go to the top of his house?
(a) To feed the birds.
(b) To feel the warm sunshine.
(c) To give the birds water.
(d) To see which way the wind was blowing.
10. What does Gerry name the gecko that takes up residence in his bedroom?
11. Where is the Durrell family planning to move in Part II: Conversation?
(a) To a bigger villa.
(b) To a smaller villa.
(c) To England.
(d) To another island in Greece.
12. What is the one thing that Roger, Widdle, and Puke find interesting about Dodo?
(a) She can sneak treats for them.
(b) She can jump high.
(c) She can catch her tail.
(d) She comes into season regularly.
13. What is the name of the black-backed gull Gerry acquires from the criminal?
14. Why does Gerry go to the sea in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) To wash and eat cockles.
(b) To wash and get a bird.
(c) To eat fish and cockles.
(d) To wash and fish.
15. What is the family preparing for in Part III: Chapter 18, An Entertainment with Animals?
(a) A birthday.
(b) A party.
(c) A going away party.
(d) A circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother dispense of Peter's services?
2. Which two Durrell family members get motion sickness in the boats?
3. What is the name of Gerry's book that he starts writing in Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies?
4. Aside from the sirocco, what impedes Margo's return from the island where she seeks solitude?
5. What is Kralefsky's special interest?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)