|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Margo and the Turkish boy on their date?
2. What does Spiro not like about the man that Margo goes swimming with?
(a) He cuts peoples throats.
(b) He is a prisoner.
(c) He is a Turk.
(d) He does not have a job.
3. Where does Spiro live, and learn English, while in America?
4. What does Gerry liken Spiro to as he looks over and takes care of the family?
(a) A guardian angel.
(b) An ugly angel.
(c) A watchdog.
(d) Saint Assisi.
5. How many people does Larry tell Mother to budget for food and lodging, concerning his summer guests that will be arriving within a few weeks?
(a) Ten or Twelve.
(b) Seven or eight.
(c) Two or three.
6. Who is the goat shepherd who tells Gerry the tale of the cypress tree?
(a) The Rose-Beetle Man.
7. What kind of transportation do the Durrell's use to get to town?
(a) Two horse-drawn cabs.
(b) Spiro picked them up in his Suburban.
(c) One stretch limo.
(d) Two taxi cabs.
8. What special day is it when Spiro drives Gerry, Mother, and Margo to town to buy furniture?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) Saint Assisi Day.
(d) Saint Spiridon Day.
9. Who rescues the Durrells from the Greek cab drivers?
(d) The British Consul.
10. What is the first item the Rose-Beetle Man sells Gerry?
(a) A pigeon.
(b) A magpie.
(c) A flute.
(d) A tortoise.
11. What insects does Gerry find that can change colors, like chameleons?
(b) Crab spiders.
(c) Rose beetles.
12. How often does Gerry meet with Theodore?
(a) Every other Thursday.
(b) Every day.
(c) Only one time.
(d) Every Thursday.
13. What size of tortoise are on the hill?
(a) Teacup sized ones only.
(b) Medium sized ones.
(c) Large ones only.
(d) Big ones and little ones.
14. What does Roger do during Gerry's lessons?
(a) Sleeps under the table.
(b) Dances in the drawing room.
(c) Roams the countryside.
(d) Chases butterflies.
15. What does Larry liken the Durrell family's entry to?
(a) Gracious majesty of English nobels.
(b) A traveling circus of medieval tumblers.
(c) A troupe of medieval tumblers.
(d) A traveling circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the furniture in the villa?
2. What does Gerald's secretary, Sophie, eradicate from his book?
3. What wakes Yani up from his siesta in Chapter 5?
4. What does George teach Gerry about natural history?
5. What illness does Gerry suffer from in the English weather?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)