|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who names Gerry's pigeon?
2. What does Gerald say living on Corfu is like?
(a) Like living in a dream.
(b) Like living in one of the more flamboyant and slapstick comic operas.
(c) Like living with the three stooges.
(d) Like living in the Garden of Eden.
3. Why does Margo kiss the saint's feet?
(a) To get a boyfriend.
(b) To cure her acne.
(c) To lose weight.
(d) For good luck.
4. Where does Mother suggest Larry's friends stay?
(a) On the veranda.
(b) At Pension Suisse.
(d) In her room.
5. What is wrong with every villa Mr. Beeler shows the Durrells?
(a) Not one has a balcony.
(b) They are infested with crickets.
(c) They are not close enough to the sea.
(d) Not one has a bathroom.
6. Who accompanies Margo and the Turkish boy on their date?
7. What does Theodore send Gerry to assist him in his field work?
(a) A notebook and pen.
(b) A magnifying glass.
(c) A pocket microscope.
(d) A compass.
8. What is Mother doing at the onset of Larry's attack about England's climate and the family's illnesses?
(a) Petting Dodo.
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Reading a cooking book.
(d) Reading a gardening book.
9. What does Roger do during Gerry's lessons?
(a) Sleeps under the table.
(b) Chases butterflies.
(c) Dances in the drawing room.
(d) Roams the countryside.
10. How do Gerry and George win points in their game in the bay?
(a) By applying mathematic applications to the sea fauna.
(b) By squirting the sea-slug the farthest.
(c) By discovering the most sea fauna.
(d) By finding the most sea-slugs.
11. In the beginning of Part I: Chapter 4, what does Gerry's Mother decide for him?
(a) It is time for him to join the Merchant Navy.
(b) It is time for him to take dancing lessons.
(c) It is time for him to have some sort of education.
(d) It is time for him to study literature.
12. Zatopec is one of the first of Larry's guests to arrive for a visit, what is his occupation?
(a) Armenian novelist.
(b) Greecian novelist.
(c) Armenian poet.
(d) Armenian artist.
13. How often does Gerry meet with Theodore?
(a) Every other Thursday.
(b) Only one time.
(c) Every Thursday.
(d) Every day.
14. When Spring came, Larry purchases a guitar and a large barrel of strong red wine. What kind of songs does he play?
(a) English melodies.
(b) Elizabethan love songs.
(c) Island folk songs.
(d) Island peasant songs.
15. What does Spiro not like about the man that Margo goes swimming with?
(a) He does not have a job.
(b) He cuts peoples throats.
(c) He is a prisoner.
(d) He is a Turk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Durrell's want to leave the hotel as soon as possible?
2. What kind of transportation do the Durrell's use to get to town?
3. What does Larry say the family needs in Part I: Prologue, The Migration?
4. Where does the Durrell family stay their first night on Corfu?
5. What does George do while waiting for Gerry to solve a math problem?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)