|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larry say the family needs in Part I: Prologue, The Migration?
(a) More money.
(c) Better literature.
(d) A better doctor.
2. How does Gerry describe the bay?
(a) "Smooth as a plate and emerald green."
(b) "Smooth as a plate, smouldering with that unbelievable blue."
(c) "Lots of white caps on a sea of blue."
(d) "Choppy as a chicken salad."
3. What do Gerry and George use as water-pistols in the bay?
(a) Sea slugs.
4. How many years does the Durrell family stay on Corfu?
(a) Five years.
(b) Six years.
(c) One year.
(d) Four and a half years.
5. What insects does Gerry find that can change colors, like chameleons?
(a) Rose beetles.
(d) Crab spiders.
6. What illness does Leslie suffer from in the English weather?
(a) Bleeding ears.
(c) Whooping cough.
7. How does Gerry describe the Corfu winter?
(a) Cold and dry.
(b) Cold and wet.
(c) Warm and wet.
(d) Warm and dry.
8. Who, out of the Durrell family, does Spiro adore the most?
9. What is Gerry's most exciting discovery?
(a) An earwig's nest.
(b) Rose beetles.
(d) Crab spiders.
10. Instead to taking his goats to Gastouri, what does Yani do?
(a) Eats figs all day.
(b) Tastes Taki's white wine.
(c) Tastes Taki's red wine.
(d) Goes fishing.
11. What does Spiro not like about the man that Margo goes swimming with?
(a) He cuts peoples throats.
(b) He does not have a job.
(c) He is a prisoner.
(d) He is a Turk.
12. Who rescues the Durrells from the Greek cab drivers?
(b) The British Consul.
13. What illness does Gerry suffer from in the English weather?
(d) Ear infections.
14. What does Gerry take, for his collection, from one of the tortoises?
(a) A piece of his shell.
(b) One of his eggs.
(c) His shell.
(d) One of her eggs.
15. What is wrong with every villa Mr. Beeler shows the Durrells?
(a) They are infested with crickets.
(b) Not one has a bathroom.
(c) Not one has a balcony.
(d) They are not close enough to the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does George go about teaching Gerry mathematics?
2. What illness does Larry suffer from in the English weather?
3. What does Gerald say living on Corfu is like?
4. Where does Theodore suggest they go in the spring to explore ditches?
5. Who suggests to Larry that Corfu is wonderful?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)