Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gerry settle into and spend his days at the villa?
(a) In the olive groves.
(b) In the bay.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the grape vines.
2. Who, out of the Durrell family, does Spiro adore the most?
3. Gerald's mother receives a shipment of two pelicans, a scarlet ibis, a vulture, and eight monkeys. Which one gives her trouble?
(a) One of the pelicans.
(b) The scarlet ibis.
(c) The vulture.
(d) One of the monkeys.
4. What is Larry's suggestion when Mother tells him they cannot fit the number of guests he has invited in their house?
(a) Move to a bigger villa.
(b) Build a cottage on their property.
(c) Add on a guest room to the villa.
(d) Send Margo, Leslie, and Gerry away for the summer.
5. What kind of transportation do the Durrell's use to get to town?
(a) Two taxi cabs.
(b) Spiro picked them up in his Suburban.
(c) One stretch limo.
(d) Two horse-drawn cabs.
6. What about the tortoises does Gerry find very interesting?
(a) Their shells.
(b) Their food choices.
(c) Their mating ritual.
(d) Their leathered skin.
7. Where does Mother suggest Larry's friends stay?
(b) In her room.
(c) On the veranda.
(d) At Pension Suisse.
8. How often does Gerry meet with Theodore?
(a) Only one time.
(b) Every day.
(c) Every other Thursday.
(d) Every Thursday.
9. What illness does Margo suffer from in the English weather?
10. Who goes turtledove hunting with Leslie?
(c) The Turkish boy.
11. How do Gerry and George win points in their game in the bay?
(a) By finding the most sea-slugs.
(b) By squirting the sea-slug the farthest.
(c) By applying mathematic applications to the sea fauna.
(d) By discovering the most sea fauna.
12. In the beginning of Part I: Chapter 4, what does Gerry's Mother decide for him?
(a) It is time for him to take dancing lessons.
(b) It is time for him to join the Merchant Navy.
(c) It is time for him to have some sort of education.
(d) It is time for him to study literature.
13. Who explores the countryside with Gerry?
(b) No one, he went alone.
(d) Widdle and Puke.
14. What special day is it when Spiro drives Gerry, Mother, and Margo to town to buy furniture?
(a) Saint Spiridon Day.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(d) Saint Assisi Day.
15. In the beginning of Part I: Conversation, what does Larry do that upsets Mother?
(a) Invites all his friends to visit and stay at Pension Suisse.
(b) Invites all his friends to come and stay with them on the island.
(c) Tells Leslie, Margo, Gerry, and Mother they will have to sleep outside while his friends are here.
(d) Invites all his friends to visit and sleep on the veranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What size of tortoise are on the hill?
2. When Spring came, Larry purchases a guitar and a large barrel of strong red wine. What kind of songs does he play?
3. What does spring mean for Leslie?
4. What does Margo's Turkish suitor think he can do superbly?
5. Who names Gerry's pigeon?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)