|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of transportation do the Durrell's use to get to town?
(a) Two taxi cabs.
(b) Two horse-drawn cabs.
(c) One stretch limo.
(d) Spiro picked them up in his Suburban.
2. What does Roger do with the pebbles Gerry found in the sand?
(a) Buries them in the sand.
(b) Eats them.
(c) Drops them back into the water.
(d) Barks at them.
3. What does George do while waiting for Gerry to solve a math problem?
(a) Taps his pencil on the table.
(b) Hums the tune to Jeopardy.
(c) Practices dancing and fencing moves.
(d) Sits silently and waits patiently.
4. Who rescues the Durrells from the Greek cab drivers?
(a) The British Consul.
5. What wakes Yani up from his siesta in Chapter 5?
(a) Gerry willing him awake.
(b) Gerry throwing stones.
(c) Gerry shaking him.
(d) Roger chasing a cat.
6. Where does the Durrell family stay their first night on Corfu?
(a) Spiro's home.
(b) Pension Suisse.
(c) La Masion.
(d) The strawberry-pink villa.
7. Who names Gerry's pigeon?
8. Why do the Durrell's want to leave the hotel as soon as possible?
(a) The food is awful.
(b) The state of the lavatory.
(c) They want to settle down soon.
(d) It is a dusty hotel.
9. What illness does Larry suffer from in the English weather?
10. What disturbs Larry's writing on the second morning in the villa?
(a) A donkey braying.
(b) Lawnmowers cutting grass.
(c) Bees buzzing.
(d) Gerry's magenpies.
11. What hobby does Margo take up after settling into the villa?
12. What does spring mean for Leslie?
(c) Getting rid of Margo's suitors.
(d) Building a boat.
13. Why does Spiro take complete control the the Durrell's affairs?
(a) He loves the English.
(b) To swindle them.
(c) He needs the money.
(d) To make sure they are not swindled.
14. How do Gerry and George win points in their game in the bay?
(a) By applying mathematic applications to the sea fauna.
(b) By finding the most sea-slugs.
(c) By squirting the sea-slug the farthest.
(d) By discovering the most sea fauna.
15. How does George go about teaching Gerry mathematics?
(a) Through natural history examples.
(b) With rhythmic rhymes.
(c) With flash cards.
(d) By repetition of examples.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part I: Chapter 3, in the morning at the Strawberry-Pink Villa, where is the family eating breakfast?
2. Why do the Durrell children not know the age of their mother?
3. What does Theodore offer to show Gerry at tea on Thursday?
4. Instead to taking his goats to Gastouri, what does Yani do?
5. How many species of cyclops are found on Corfu?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)