|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, out of the Durrell family, does Spiro adore the most?
2. What is Mother doing at the onset of Larry's attack about England's climate and the family's illnesses?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Reading a gardening book.
(c) Reading a cooking book.
(d) Petting Dodo.
3. What size of tortoise are on the hill?
(a) Large ones only.
(b) Medium sized ones.
(c) Big ones and little ones.
(d) Teacup sized ones only.
4. What does Gerald say living on Corfu is like?
(a) Like living in a dream.
(b) Like living in one of the more flamboyant and slapstick comic operas.
(c) Like living in the Garden of Eden.
(d) Like living with the three stooges.
5. Who does Larry decide to attack about England's climate and the family's illnesses?
6. How many years does Spiro spend in America?
7. How does Gerry describe the Corfu winter?
(a) Warm and wet.
(b) Warm and dry.
(c) Cold and dry.
(d) Cold and wet.
8. What hobby does Margo take up after settling into the villa?
9. What insects does Gerry find that can change colors, like chameleons?
(b) Crab spiders.
(c) Rose beetles.
10. What disturbs Larry's writing on the second morning in the villa?
(a) Bees buzzing.
(b) Gerry's magenpies.
(c) Lawnmowers cutting grass.
(d) A donkey braying.
11. Who goes turtledove hunting with Leslie?
(d) The Turkish boy.
12. After their swim in Chapter 5, where do Gerry and Roger go for a snack?
(a) Yani's house.
(b) Spiro's Diner.
(d) Leonora's house.
13. How is Spiro known by the people on the island?
(a) He is well-known and respected.
(b) He is known for his long mustache.
(c) He is respected and feared.
(d) He is well-known and feared by all.
14. What does Theodore offer to show Gerry at tea on Thursday?
(a) A book about trapdoor spiders.
(b) His collection of scorpion bottles.
(c) Microscope slides.
(d) His birds.
15. Who rescues the Durrells from the Greek cab drivers?
(c) The British Consul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from being Greek and adoring bargaining, why does Spiro haggle so over prices for the Durrells?
2. Where does the Durrell family stay their first night on Corfu?
3. How old is Gerry when the family moves to Corfu?
4. What illness does Leslie suffer from in the English weather?
5. Why does Gerry's mother insist he explain she is a widow?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)