|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 17, The Chessboard Fields.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Margo suffer from in the English weather?
2. What kind of transportation do the Durrell's use to get to town?
(a) Two taxi cabs.
(b) One stretch limo.
(c) Two horse-drawn cabs.
(d) Spiro picked them up in his Suburban.
3. What makes Gerald's wife laugh when reading his manuscript?
(a) The magenpies.
(b) The "dreadful puns."
(c) His family.
(d) His spelling.
4. What does Spiro not like about the man that Margo goes swimming with?
(a) He is a prisoner.
(b) He is a Turk.
(c) He does not have a job.
(d) He cuts peoples throats.
5. What is Kralefsky's special interest?
(d) Aquatic life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerry think about Theodore's library?
2. Why are the sea fauna greatly attracted to the archipelago?
3. Why does Yani tell Gerry the scorpion is drowned in olive oil?
4. What is the one thing that Roger, Widdle, and Puke find interesting about Dodo?
5. What does Gerry say "danced and twisted like wind-blown confetti" in the summer?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)