|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 17, The Chessboard Fields.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gerry describe the bay?
(a) "Choppy as a chicken salad."
(b) "Lots of white caps on a sea of blue."
(c) "Smooth as a plate, smouldering with that unbelievable blue."
(d) "Smooth as a plate and emerald green."
2. As a result of the matchbox incident, what happens to Gerry?
(a) He is grounded for ten days.
(b) He has to get a job.
(c) He receives French lessons with the Belgian consul.
(d) He receives Greek lessons with Spiro.
3. What riveting news does Mother receive in a letter from Great Aunt Hermione?
(a) That she wants to come and stay.
(b) Henry broke his leg.
(c) That Aunt Mabel moved to Sussex.
(d) Henry passed away.
4. What does Theodore offer to show Gerry at tea on Thursday?
(a) His birds.
(b) Microscope slides.
(c) A book about trapdoor spiders.
(d) His collection of scorpion bottles.
5. What event occurs at the end of Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter that causes the family great distress?
(a) A fire in the house.
(b) Gerry's scorpion's babies get out of the matchboxes.
(c) Leslie's burglar alarm.
(d) The magenpies get out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gerry's book that he starts writing in Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies?
2. What is the one thing that Roger, Widdle, and Puke find interesting about Dodo?
3. Who does Gerry ask to build him a boat so he can visit the archipelago?
4. How does Kralefsky end up with two broken ribs?
5. Why does Gerry's mother insist he explain she is a widow?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)