|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 17, The Chessboard Fields.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing that Roger, Widdle, and Puke find interesting about Dodo?
(a) She can sneak treats for them.
(b) She can catch her tail.
(c) She comes into season regularly.
(d) She can jump high.
2. Who does Gerry ask to build him a boat so he can visit the archipelago?
3. What does Larry liken the Durrell family's entry to?
(a) A troupe of medieval tumblers.
(b) Gracious majesty of English nobels.
(c) A traveling circus.
(d) A traveling circus of medieval tumblers.
4. Who supplies Gerald with several "dreadful puns" in the book?
(a) Dr. Theodore Stephanides.
(c) His wife.
5. Why does Mother dispense of Peter's services?
(a) Because Gerry is not learning anything.
(b) Because he and Margo are getting too close.
(c) Because his wage is too high for them to pay while in the bigger house.
(d) Because he is rude to Larry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gerry's mother insist he explain she is a widow?
2. What does Larry say the family needs in Part I: Prologue, The Migration?
3. Where is the Durrell family planning to move in Part II: Conversation?
4. Why does Spiro take complete control the the Durrell's affairs?
5. As a result of the matchbox incident, what happens to Gerry?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)