|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 14, The Talking Flowers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mother suggest Larry's friends stay?
(a) At Pension Suisse.
(b) In her room.
(d) On the veranda.
2. In the beginning of Part I: Chapter 3, in the morning at the Strawberry-Pink Villa, where is the family eating breakfast?
(a) In the garden underneath the small tangerine trees.
(b) In the garden beside the fragrant strawberry plants.
(c) In the kitchen underneath the Tiffany chandelier.
(d) In the back yard beside the pools of water lilies.
3. What does Roger do during Gerry's lessons?
(a) Sleeps under the table.
(b) Dances in the drawing room.
(c) Roams the countryside.
(d) Chases butterflies.
4. What disturbs Larry's writing on the second morning in the villa?
(a) Gerry's magenpies.
(b) A donkey braying.
(c) Lawnmowers cutting grass.
(d) Bees buzzing.
5. What does George teach Gerry about natural history?
(a) How to not frighten the big tortoise.
(b) How to observe and write notes in a diary.
(c) The mating cycle of the earwig.
(d) How to apply mathematics to natural history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event occurs at the end of Part II: Chapter 12, the Woodcock Winter that causes the family great distress?
2. Aside from being Greek and adoring bargaining, why does Spiro haggle so over prices for the Durrells?
3. What do Gerry and George use as water-pistols in the bay?
4. Who, out of the Durrell family, does Spiro adore the most?
5. Who does Larry blame for his siblings being selfish?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)