|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 14, The Talking Flowers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George do while waiting for Gerry to solve a math problem?
(a) Sits silently and waits patiently.
(b) Taps his pencil on the table.
(c) Hums the tune to Jeopardy.
(d) Practices dancing and fencing moves.
2. What does Kralefsky's mother think about flowers?
(a) They smell beautiful.
(b) That they can talk.
(c) They are wonderful to work with.
(d) That birds prefer daisies.
3. What size of tortoise are on the hill?
(a) Big ones and little ones.
(b) Teacup sized ones only.
(c) Medium sized ones.
(d) Large ones only.
4. What kind of hat does Theodore wear?
(a) A cowboy hat.
(b) A beret.
(c) A Homburg.
(d) A derby.
5. In the beginning of Part I: Chapter 4, what does Gerry's Mother decide for him?
(a) It is time for him to study literature.
(b) It is time for him to have some sort of education.
(c) It is time for him to take dancing lessons.
(d) It is time for him to join the Merchant Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Leslie suffer from in the English weather?
2. What is Gerry's most exciting discovery?
3. What does Gerry liken Spiro to as he looks over and takes care of the family?
4. What is the most striking attribute of the Belgian consul?
5. As a result of the matchbox incident, what happens to Gerry?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)