|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 7, The Daffodil-Yellow Villa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margo's Turkish suitor think he can do superbly?
(a) Dance, fence, and type.
(b) Write, swim, and ride.
(c) Swim, ride, and sail.
(d) Cook, sail, and write.
2. What does Larry say the family needs in Part I: Prologue, The Migration?
(a) A better doctor.
(c) More money.
(d) Better literature.
3. In the beginning of Part I: Chapter 3, in the morning at the Strawberry-Pink Villa, where is the family eating breakfast?
(a) In the garden beside the fragrant strawberry plants.
(b) In the back yard beside the pools of water lilies.
(c) In the garden underneath the small tangerine trees.
(d) In the kitchen underneath the Tiffany chandelier.
4. How old is Gerry when the family moves to Corfu?
5. Where is the Island of Corfu located?
(a) Val de Ropa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the family decide will teach Gerry?
2. Where is the Durrell family living at the beginning of Part II: Chapter 7?
3. What is the tale of the cypress trees?
4. Why does Yani tell Gerry the scorpion is drowned in olive oil?
5. Why does Gerry's mother insist he explain she is a widow?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)