|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 7, The Daffodil-Yellow Villa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first item the Rose-Beetle Man sells Gerry?
(a) A pigeon.
(b) A tortoise.
(c) A flute.
(d) A magpie.
2. What is wrong with every villa Mr. Beeler shows the Durrells?
(a) They are infested with crickets.
(b) Not one has a balcony.
(c) Not one has a bathroom.
(d) They are not close enough to the sea.
3. What illness does Gerry suffer from in the English weather?
(a) Ear infections.
4. Instead to taking his goats to Gastouri, what does Yani do?
(a) Tastes Taki's red wine.
(b) Tastes Taki's white wine.
(c) Eats figs all day.
(d) Goes fishing.
5. What does George find helpful in teaching Gerry?
(a) Placing a sprig of zoology into every subject.
(b) Relating everything to birds.
(c) Never leaving the house for an exploration of nature.
(d) Relating everything to caterpillars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the family decide will teach Gerry?
2. Why does Yani never sleep in the hills?
3. Gerald's mother receives a shipment of two pelicans, a scarlet ibis, a vulture, and eight monkeys. Which one gives her trouble?
4. How is the August weather in England described?
5. What illness does Leslie suffer from in the English weather?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)