|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6, The Sweet Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who explores the countryside with Gerry?
(b) No one, he went alone.
(d) Widdle and Puke.
2. What does Theodore offer to show Gerry at tea on Thursday?
(a) His birds.
(b) His collection of scorpion bottles.
(c) A book about trapdoor spiders.
(d) Microscope slides.
3. Where does Spiro live, and learn English, while in America?
4. Why do the Durrell's want to leave the hotel as soon as possible?
(a) They want to settle down soon.
(b) The food is awful.
(c) It is a dusty hotel.
(d) The state of the lavatory.
5. Who does Gerry find at George's home when he goes to ask him about the trapdoor?
(b) Doctor Theodore Stephanides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gerry's most exciting discovery?
2. How does Gerry describe the bay?
3. What illness does Gerry suffer from in the English weather?
4. What makes Gerald's wife laugh when reading his manuscript?
5. Where does the Durrell family stay their first night on Corfu?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)