|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6, The Sweet Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Larry blame for his siblings being selfish?
(b) Their father.
2. Where is Quasimodo during Gerry's lessons?
(a) Marching to music.
(b) Flying around the room.
(c) Sitting on the table.
(d) Sitting in Gerry's lap.
3. Gerry brings four books on natural history, a butterfly net, a dog, and ______ to Corfu.
(a) Two magpies
(b) A microscope
(c) A jam jar full of caterpillars
(d) A pelican
4. Why can Gerry hear the Rose-Beetle Man before he sees him?
(a) The rose-beetles are singing.
(b) He plays a sheperd's pipe.
(c) He can hear his car in the distance.
(d) The Rose-Beetle Man is singing.
5. What does Roger do during Gerry's lessons?
(a) Dances in the drawing room.
(b) Sleeps under the table.
(c) Roams the countryside.
(d) Chases butterflies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gerry's most exciting discovery?
2. When Larry goes to light a cigarette, what flies out of the box?
3. In the beginning of Part I: Chapter 3, in the morning at the Strawberry-Pink Villa, where is the family eating breakfast?
4. Why do the Durrell children not know the age of their mother?
5. Who suggests to Larry that Corfu is wonderful?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)