|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6, The Sweet Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gerry settle into and spend his days at the villa?
(a) In the bay.
(b) In the grape vines.
(c) In the olive groves.
(d) In the garden.
2. What is the villa called that Spiro shows the family in Part I: Chapter 1, The Unsuspected Isle?
(a) Strawberry-pink Villa.
(b) Daffodil-yellow Villa.
(c) Rose-beetle Villa.
(d) Tortoise-green Villa.
3. What does spring mean for Leslie?
(b) Building a boat.
(c) Getting rid of Margo's suitors.
4. What is Gerry's most exciting discovery?
(b) Rose beetles.
(c) Crab spiders.
(d) An earwig's nest.
5. Where does the Durrell family stay their first night on Corfu?
(a) The strawberry-pink villa.
(b) La Masion.
(c) Spiro's home.
(d) Pension Suisse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from being Greek and adoring bargaining, why does Spiro haggle so over prices for the Durrells?
2. What does Roger do during Gerry's lessons?
3. How do Gerry and George win points in their game in the bay?
4. Gerald's mother receives a shipment of two pelicans, a scarlet ibis, a vulture, and eight monkeys. Which one gives her trouble?
5. Who does Larry blame for his siblings being selfish?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)