|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 5, A Treasure of Spiders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gerry settle into and spend his days at the villa?
(a) In the grape vines.
(b) In the bay.
(c) In the olive groves.
(d) In the garden.
2. One day Mother and Gerry buy the Rose-Beetle Man's entire stock of rose-beetles, what do they do with them?
(a) Release them into the garden.
(b) Tie them to the lamps in the house.
(c) Tie them to their hats.
(d) Feed them to the frogs.
3. Why does Yani never sleep in the hills?
(a) Because a scorpion stung a fellow shepherd in the ear and killed him.
(b) Because the cypress trees will steal his brains.
(c) Because his goats would get away.
(d) Because Aphrodite told him not to.
4. Who rescues the Durrells from the Greek cab drivers?
(a) The British Consul.
5. Who teaches Gerry some of the most beautiful and haunting peasant songs?
(b) The Rose-Beetle Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who explores the countryside with Gerry?
2. Why does Spiro take complete control the the Durrell's affairs?
3. What does Larry say the family needs in Part I: Prologue, The Migration?
4. Who does Larry decide to attack about England's climate and the family's illnesses?
5. Who, out of the Durrell family, does Spiro adore the most?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)