|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 5, A Treasure of Spiders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Gerry hear the Rose-Beetle Man before he sees him?
(a) He plays a sheperd's pipe.
(b) The Rose-Beetle Man is singing.
(c) The rose-beetles are singing.
(d) He can hear his car in the distance.
2. Who, out of the Durrell family, does Spiro adore the most?
3. Who rescues the Durrells from the Greek cab drivers?
(c) The British Consul.
4. What kind of transportation do the Durrell's use to get to town?
(a) One stretch limo.
(b) Two horse-drawn cabs.
(c) Two taxi cabs.
(d) Spiro picked them up in his Suburban.
5. What does Larry say his mother is starting to look like in Part I: Prologue, The Migration?
(a) A widow.
(b) A ray of sunshine in the gloomy climate.
(c) A plate of scarlet porridge.
(d) An Irish washerwoman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gerry's tortoise?
2. After their swim in Chapter 5, where do Gerry and Roger go for a snack?
3. What illness does Gerry suffer from in the English weather?
4. What illness does Larry suffer from in the English weather?
5. What does Gerry liken Spiro to as he looks over and takes care of the family?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)