|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 5, A Treasure of Spiders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gerry's most exciting discovery?
(a) An earwig's nest.
(b) Rose beetles.
(c) Crab spiders.
2. How does George introduce Theodore to Gerry?
(a) As an excellent fencer and dancer.
(b) As a countryside expert on trapdoor spiders.
(c) As a conservative doctor of medicine.
(d) As an eccentric nature-lover.
3. How does Gerry describe his mother at the beginning of Part I: Chapter 1, The Unsuspected Isle?
(a) "Like a weary traveler, no worse for the wear."
(b) "Like a Greek godess, trailing muslin and scent."
(c) "Like a tiny, harassed missionary in an uprising."
(d) "Like a prim and proper English woman, dressed for tea."
4. Who names Gerry's pigeon?
5. What illness does Margo suffer from in the English weather?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Larry blame for his siblings being selfish?
2. Who is the most weird and fascinating character Gerry meets on his explorations?
3. How is the August weather in England described?
4. In the beginning of Part I: Chapter 3, in the morning at the Strawberry-Pink Villa, where is the family eating breakfast?
5. Why can Gerry hear the Rose-Beetle Man before he sees him?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)