|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 5, A Treasure of Spiders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests to Larry that Corfu is wonderful?
(c) His friend George.
2. What is the name of Gerry's tortoise?
3. How does Gerry describe his mother at the beginning of Part I: Chapter 1, The Unsuspected Isle?
(a) "Like a tiny, harassed missionary in an uprising."
(b) "Like a Greek godess, trailing muslin and scent."
(c) "Like a prim and proper English woman, dressed for tea."
(d) "Like a weary traveler, no worse for the wear."
4. One day Mother and Gerry buy the Rose-Beetle Man's entire stock of rose-beetles, what do they do with them?
(a) Feed them to the frogs.
(b) Release them into the garden.
(c) Tie them to their hats.
(d) Tie them to the lamps in the house.
5. What hobby does Margo take up after settling into the villa?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yani tell Gerry the scorpion is drowned in olive oil?
2. Where does Spiro live, and learn English, while in America?
3. How is the August weather in England described?
4. What illness does Gerry suffer from in the English weather?
5. What is the villa called that Spiro shows the family in Part I: Chapter 1, The Unsuspected Isle?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)