|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 10, The Pageant of Fireflies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the furniture in the villa?
(a) It is uncomfortable.
(b) It is twenty years old and falling apart.
(c) The family does not like the color scheme.
(d) It is Victorian, the wrong style.
2. What kind of transportation do the Durrell's use to get to town?
(a) Two taxi cabs.
(b) Spiro picked them up in his Suburban.
(c) One stretch limo.
(d) Two horse-drawn cabs.
3. Where does Theodore suggest they go in the spring to explore ditches?
(a) Val de Ropa.
(b) The Corfu bay.
(c) His backyard.
(d) The strawberry-pink villa.
4. Who accompanies Margo and the Turkish boy on their date?
5. How does Gerry describe the Corfu winter?
(a) Warm and dry.
(b) Cold and wet.
(c) Cold and dry.
(d) Warm and wet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings a smile to Lugaretzia?
2. In Part II: Chapter 10, Pageant of the Fireflies, who tutors Gerry in the summer?
3. How many years does Spiro spend in America?
4. Who is the goat shepherd who tells Gerry the tale of the cypress tree?
5. In the beginning of Part I: Chapter 3, in the morning at the Strawberry-Pink Villa, where is the family eating breakfast?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)