|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 10, The Pageant of Fireflies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special day is it when Spiro drives Gerry, Mother, and Margo to town to buy furniture?
(a) Saint Spiridon Day.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) Saint Assisi Day.
2. How does Gerry describe his mother at the beginning of Part I: Chapter 1, The Unsuspected Isle?
(a) "Like a Greek godess, trailing muslin and scent."
(b) "Like a weary traveler, no worse for the wear."
(c) "Like a prim and proper English woman, dressed for tea."
(d) "Like a tiny, harassed missionary in an uprising."
3. What does Margo's Turkish suitor think he can do superbly?
(a) Cook, sail, and write.
(b) Write, swim, and ride.
(c) Swim, ride, and sail.
(d) Dance, fence, and type.
4. How many species of cyclops are found on Corfu?
5. In the summer, what makes the island vibrate with their cries?
(d) Peasant women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the villa called that Spiro shows the family in Part I: Chapter 1, The Unsuspected Isle?
2. What does spring mean for Leslie?
3. Who lives at the cottage?
4. What does Spiro not like about the man that Margo goes swimming with?
5. What is interesting about Quasimodo?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)