|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the title of Sean's essay?
2. Who goes into the doctor's office with Liz?
3. Who is the only other person who knows that Liz is pregnant in Chapter 10?
4. Who does Liz call from a pay phone in Chapter 9?
5. Who does the writer of the first note in Chapter 10 ask about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Liz need from Maggie. Can Maggie provide this for her?
2. Why do the girls wear their prom gowns to the clinic?
3. What improvements are made to the relationship between Dennis and Maggie in Chapter 8?
4. How does Liz feel about getting married?
5. How does Rod behave toward Liz in Chapter 8?
6. What is the central cause of deterioration in the relationship between Maggie and Dennis?
7. Why do you think Maggie and Liz have planned an urgent meeting?
8. What is ironic in Chapter 9?
9. How does Maggie show that she cares for Liz in Chapter 8?
10. How is Pierre introduced in Chapter 10 and what is the purpose of this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What social commentary does the author include in the story? What message about society and today's culture might the author be trying to send?
Essay Topic 2
How does Maggie's life change from the beginning of the story to end? How much confidence has she gained? What has she lost over the course of the story? How does this change her?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the protagonist and antagonist in the story. How does the antagonist create conflict? How does the protagonist attempt to solve conflict?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)