|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months pregnant does Liz say she is in Chapter 10?
2. Which of the following does Maggie want to buy?
3. Where do Liz and Rod retreat during the dance?
4. What do Liz and Maggie wear out in Chapter 14?
5. Who does Liz call from a pay phone in Chapter 9?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the protagonist and antagonist in the story. How does the antagonist create conflict? How does the protagonist attempt to solve conflict?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the way that relationships deteriorate in the story. What is the cause of deterioration? What elements cause this to happen? Do you think the story could have been different if factors were changed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the chapters in the story end with a note from one character to another. What is the author's purpose in including these notes? Is it an effective storytelling technique? Why or why not? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)