|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maggie feel about Liz's pregnancy?
2. What does Liz claim to need in Chapter 13?
3. Who is absent from school in Chapter 12?
4. Who does Liz most want to get away from?
5. What does Denis notice about Maggie in Chapter 8?
Essay Topic 1
What are the motivations of each character? Describe how each of the four main characters are driven by their motivation.
Essay Topic 2
Choose three literary devices used in the story, citing specific references. Some literary devices to explore include: symbolism, irony, allegory, conflict, figurative language, and mood.
Essay Topic 3
What transitions are present in the story? Why are transitions necessary? How can the reader tell that a transition is in place?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)