|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts Liz to a problem with Sean in Chapter 13?
2. What does Maggie think of Dennis's clothes for the dance?
3. Who are the notes in Chapter 10 written by?
4. How long does it take for Liz to get her abortion?
5. What does Maggie worry that Dennis will do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the girls wear their prom gowns to the clinic?
2. Why does Liz tell Maggie to let her die?
3. Why do Sean and Liz want to get married?
4. Describe the tone of the note at the end of Chapter 12 from Liz to Maggie. In what tone might the reader find the note?
5. How does Rod behave toward Liz in Chapter 8?
6. How is Liz an ill-fated character?
7. What does Maggie need from Liz?
8. Why does Sean decide to talk to his father? What are the results?
9. In what ways is Maggie a good friend? How is she a bad friend?
10. Why does Maggie go to the clinic with Rod and Liz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the chapters in the story end with a note from one character to another. What is the author's purpose in including these notes? Is it an effective storytelling technique? Why or why not? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
Essay Topic 2
What are the important elements of the graduation scene? What symbolism is represented in the graduation scene? Why is this an important part of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the way that relationships deteriorate in the story. What is the cause of deterioration? What elements cause this to happen? Do you think the story could have been different if factors were changed? Why or why not?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)