|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sean give Liz in Chapter 13?
2. What do Sean's future plans include?
3. Where is Rod attacked?
4. Who berates Liz in Chapter 9?
5. What is evidence that Liz's plan has gotten out of hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Pierre introduced in Chapter 10 and what is the purpose of this?
2. How does Sean show his feelings for Liz in Chapter 8?
3. Why do you think Maggie and Liz have planned an urgent meeting?
4. In what ways is Maggie a good friend? How is she a bad friend?
5. Why does Maggie decide not to go to the prom with Dennis?
6. Why does Maggie go to the clinic with Rod and Liz?
7. Describe the way Liz reacts to Sean's rejection of marriage. Why does she behave this way?
8. What does Liz need from Maggie. Can Maggie provide this for her?
9. Why do the girls wear their prom gowns to the clinic?
10. Describe the tone of the note at the end of Chapter 12 from Liz to Maggie. In what tone might the reader find the note?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some elements of irony present in the story? How are Liz's parents examples of irony? What purpose does irony serve in this particular story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose three literary devices used in the story, citing specific references. Some literary devices to explore include: symbolism, irony, allegory, conflict, figurative language, and mood.
Essay Topic 3
What social commentary does the author include in the story? What message about society and today's culture might the author be trying to send?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)