|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the note from in Chapter 13?
2. What is it that Maggie can no longer buy in Chapter 11?
3. Which of the following literary devices are included in Chapter 9?
4. What does Dennis think of Maggie's dress for the dance?
5. Who does Rod get into a fight with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rod behave toward Liz in Chapter 8?
2. Why does Maggie decide not to go to the prom with Dennis?
3. How does Liz feel about getting married?
4. Why does Liz tell Maggie to let her die?
5. Why do you think Maggie and Liz have planned an urgent meeting?
6. Why does Sean assume that his father intercepted Liz's letter to him?
7. Why does Sean decide to talk to his father? What are the results?
8. What does Liz need from Maggie. Can Maggie provide this for her?
9. What improvements are made to the relationship between Dennis and Maggie in Chapter 8?
10. In what ways is Maggie a good friend? How is she a bad friend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the way that relationships deteriorate in the story. What is the cause of deterioration? What elements cause this to happen? Do you think the story could have been different if factors were changed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways are blind loyalty demonstrated in the story? Which characters are loyal? What consequences will be faced by the fiercely loyal characters and why?
Essay Topic 3
What social commentary does the author include in the story? What message about society and today's culture might the author be trying to send?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)