|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maggie break off a prom date with?
2. What does Maggie think of Dennis's clothes for the dance?
3. What happens to Sean's car in Chapter 9?
4. How many months pregnant does Liz say she is in Chapter 10?
5. Who does the writer of the first note in Chapter 10 ask about?
Essay Topic 1
What is symbolic about the Madonna statue that Liz's mother gives to Liz? What other symbols are represented in the story? How does the reader know that symbolism is being used in the context of the story?
Essay Topic 2
What are some elements of irony present in the story? How are Liz's parents examples of irony? What purpose does irony serve in this particular story?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the third person omniscient point of view important in the story? What elements of a third person omniscient point of view make the story connect with the reader? How would the story change if the book were not written in this point of view?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)