|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Liz plan to do about her pregnancy?
2. Who does Liz consider to be the best-looking boy at the dance?
3. What does Liz want to discuss with Sean in Chapter 13?
4. What does Maggie worry that Dennis will do?
5. What is it that Maggie can no longer buy in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the way that relationships deteriorate in the story. What is the cause of deterioration? What elements cause this to happen? Do you think the story could have been different if factors were changed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is symbolic about the Madonna statue that Liz's mother gives to Liz? What other symbols are represented in the story? How does the reader know that symbolism is being used in the context of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why is realism important in the story? How does realism give the reader a way to connect with the writing? What is the downfall to a story that does not contain realism? How do these questions apply to this specific story?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)