|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liz claim to need in Chapter 13?
2. Who does Maggie break off a prom date with?
3. What does Sean tell Liz in Chapter 13?
4. What do Liz and Maggie wear out in Chapter 14?
5. Who does Liz consider to be the best-looking boy at the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Liz feel about getting married?
2. Why does Maggie decide not to go to the prom with Dennis?
3. What does Maggie need from Liz?
4. Why does Sean assume that his father intercepted Liz's letter to him?
5. How is Liz an ill-fated character?
6. Why does Sean decide to talk to his father? What are the results?
7. Why do the girls wear their prom gowns to the clinic?
8. Describe the way Liz behaves toward Sean in Chapter 11.
9. How does Sean show his feelings for Liz in Chapter 8?
10. Why do Sean and Liz want to get married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does peer pressure play in the novel? what message about peer pressure does the author wish to send? How do the characters cope with peer pressure? Do you think the author meant for the characters to serve as a model for peer pressure and the ideal way for teens to deal with it? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What are the motivations of each character? Describe how each of the four main characters are driven by their motivation.
Essay Topic 3
What are the important elements of the graduation scene? What symbolism is represented in the graduation scene? Why is this an important part of the story?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)