Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months pregnant does Liz say she is in Chapter 10?
2. Which of the following does Maggie want to buy?
3. Where do Liz and Rod retreat during the dance?
4. What do Liz and Maggie wear out in Chapter 14?
5. Who does Liz call from a pay phone in Chapter 9?
Essay Topic 1
Choose three literary devices used in the story, citing specific references. Some literary devices to explore include: symbolism, irony, allegory, conflict, figurative language, and mood.
Essay Topic 2
Why is realism important in the story? How does realism give the reader a way to connect with the writing? What is the downfall to a story that does not contain realism? How do these questions apply to this specific story?
Essay Topic 3
What does each character gain in the story? What does each character lose? What are the results and reasons for these gains and losses?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)