|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Liz want to move?
2. What do Liz and Maggie wear out in Chapter 14?
3. What happens to Sean's car in Chapter 9?
4. Where do Sean and Liz go in Chapter 11?
5. What is hidden in Rod's jacket?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the tone of the note at the end of Chapter 12 from Liz to Maggie. In what tone might the reader find the note?
2. How does Rod behave toward Liz in Chapter 8?
3. Describe the way Liz behaves toward Sean in Chapter 11.
4. What improvements are made to the relationship between Dennis and Maggie in Chapter 8?
5. Why does Liz decide that she is in no hurry to get home in Chapter 9?
6. Why does Maggie go to the clinic with Rod and Liz?
7. Why does Sean decide to talk to his father? What are the results?
8. What does Maggie need from Liz?
9. Why does Liz decide to have an abortion?
10. How does Maggie show that she cares for Liz in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the way that relationships deteriorate in the story. What is the cause of deterioration? What elements cause this to happen? Do you think the story could have been different if factors were changed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What does each character gain in the story? What does each character lose? What are the results and reasons for these gains and losses?
Essay Topic 3
How does Maggie's life change from the beginning of the story to end? How much confidence has she gained? What has she lost over the course of the story? How does this change her?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)