|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dennis insecure about in Chapter 11?
2. When do Liz and Maggie meet in Chapter 13?
3. What physical symptom does Dennis feel in Chapter 11?
4. Who does Liz get in a car with in Chapter 14?
5. Where do Sean and Liz go in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the way that relationships deteriorate in the story. What is the cause of deterioration? What elements cause this to happen? Do you think the story could have been different if factors were changed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What are the important elements of the graduation scene? What symbolism is represented in the graduation scene? Why is this an important part of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What social commentary does the author include in the story? What message about society and today's culture might the author be trying to send?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)