|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie think of Dennis's clothes for the dance?
2. How many drinks does Sean's father have before Sean asks him a question in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Maggie get in the car with in Chapter 14?
4. According to Maggie, which of the following people are impressed with her?
5. What is Liz's mood initially as she leaves the clinic?
Essay Topic 1
What does each character gain in the story? What does each character lose? What are the results and reasons for these gains and losses?
Essay Topic 2
What are the motivations of each character? Describe how each of the four main characters are driven by their motivation.
Essay Topic 3
Many of the chapters in the story end with a note from one character to another. What is the author's purpose in including these notes? Is it an effective storytelling technique? Why or why not? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)