|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months pregnant does Liz say she is in Chapter 10?
2. Which of the following does Maggie want to buy?
3. Where do Liz and Rod retreat during the dance?
4. What do Liz and Maggie wear out in Chapter 14?
5. Who does Liz call from a pay phone in Chapter 9?
Essay Topic 1
What is symbolic about the Madonna statue that Liz's mother gives to Liz? What other symbols are represented in the story? How does the reader know that symbolism is being used in the context of the story?
Essay Topic 2
What transitions are present in the story? Why are transitions necessary? How can the reader tell that a transition is in place?
Essay Topic 3
How does Maggie's life change from the beginning of the story to end? How much confidence has she gained? What has she lost over the course of the story? How does this change her?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)