|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rod described as being?
2. Where are Sean and Dennis in Chapter 5?
3. What is Liz's emotion as she leaves in Chapter 7?
4. Who wants Maggie to break up her date with Dennis in Chapter 4?
5. What is the genre of the film Maggie watches in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Pierre introduced in Chapter 10 and what is the purpose of this?
2. Why does Maggie decide not to go to the prom with Dennis?
3. Describe Sean's essay in Chapter 14.
4. How is the Madonna statue being moved a symbol? What does it symbolize?
5. Why does Liz not graduate in the story?
6. What does Liz need from Maggie. Can Maggie provide this for her?
7. What does Maggie feel insecure about in Chapter 2?
8. How does Sean show his feelings for Liz in Chapter 8?
9. Describe the tone of the note at the end of Chapter 12 from Liz to Maggie. In what tone might the reader find the note?
10. What is ironic in Chapter 9?
Essay Topic 1
What transitions are present in the story? Why are transitions necessary? How can the reader tell that a transition is in place?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the two major relationships in the story: Maggie and Dennis, then Liz and Sean. How and why are the relationships so different? How does each relationship cause conflict? How do characters behave, grow, and develop as a result of the relationship?
Essay Topic 3
How does Maggie's life change from the beginning of the story to end? How much confidence has she gained? What has she lost over the course of the story? How does this change her?
This section contains 1,248 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)