|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their date, where do Maggie and Dennis sit in Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of the park the group goes to in Chapter 3?
3. What does Liz compare Maggie's hair to?
4. What does Liz's mother claim to see changed in Liz in Chapter 7?
5. Which of the following does Dennis contemplate in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sean decide to talk to his father? What are the results?
2. How is it shown that Liz feels the need to be validated?
3. Why is Liz uncomfortable around her stepfather? How is it shown that this affects her?
4. What insecurities does Dennie have? Why?
5. Describe Maggie's emotions in the final chapter.
6. Why does Sean assume that his father intercepted Liz's letter to him?
7. How does Liz feel about getting married?
8. Why does Maggie decide not to go to the prom with Dennis?
9. What does Maggie feel insecure about in Chapter 2?
10. What is significant about Liz's astrological reading?
Essay Topic 1
What social commentary does the author include in the story? What message about society and today's culture might the author be trying to send?
Essay Topic 2
What is symbolic about the Madonna statue that Liz's mother gives to Liz? What other symbols are represented in the story? How does the reader know that symbolism is being used in the context of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What are the motivations of each character? Describe how each of the four main characters are driven by their motivation.
This section contains 1,330 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)