|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Sean and Dennis in Chapter 5?
2. What color dress does Liz wear in Chapter 7?
3. What does Liz say the boys in the car would "beat their mother" for?
4. What does Dennis decide not to do in Chapter 2 so that he does not have to kiss his date?
5. Where does Liz convince Maggie to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maggie go to the clinic with Rod and Liz?
2. How does Liz try to improve her relationship with her parents?
3. What is the central cause of deterioration in the relationship between Maggie and Dennis?
4. What is Sean's main problem in Chapter 5?
5. Compare and contrast Dennis and Sean.
6. What foreshadowing is present in Chapter 3?
7. What does Dennis think about Maggie while they are on their first date?
8. Why does Liz decide that she is in no hurry to get home in Chapter 9?
9. What are the contents of the memo at the end of Chapter 3?
10. What does Maggie feel insecure about in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the motivations of each character? Describe how each of the four main characters are driven by their motivation.
Essay Topic 2
What role does peer pressure play in the novel? what message about peer pressure does the author wish to send? How do the characters cope with peer pressure? Do you think the author meant for the characters to serve as a model for peer pressure and the ideal way for teens to deal with it? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does Maggie's life change from the beginning of the story to end? How much confidence has she gained? What has she lost over the course of the story? How does this change her?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)