|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants Maggie to break up her date with Dennis in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of Sean's father?
3. What does Liz compare Maggie's hair to?
4. Who does Liz leave with in Chapter 7?
5. What does Sean conclude about girls in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Liz's astrological reading?
2. Compare and contrast Dennis and Sean.
3. Describe Maggie's loyalty to Liz.
4. What is Sean's main problem in Chapter 5?
5. Why does Liz claim that her dates with Sean are no longer fun?
6. Why does Liz end up going to the dance with Rod?
7. Why does Liz decide against having sex with Sean?
8. How does Liz try to improve her relationship with her parents?
9. What are the contents of the memo at the end of Chapter 3?
10. What is the main conflict in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What social commentary does the author include in the story? What message about society and today's culture might the author be trying to send?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways are blind loyalty demonstrated in the story? Which characters are loyal? What consequences will be faced by the fiercely loyal characters and why?
Essay Topic 3
What are some elements of irony present in the story? How are Liz's parents examples of irony? What purpose does irony serve in this particular story?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)