|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sean conclude about girls in Chapter 5?
2. What did Sean and Liz do on a first date?
3. What is the statue of that Liz's mother gives her?
4. What is the first topic that Maggie is concerned with at the assembly?
5. What does Liz read in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Liz end up going to the dance with Rod?
2. Compare and contrast Dennis and Sean.
3. What does Dennis think about Maggie while they are on their first date?
4. What mean things does Liz say to Maggie and how do they make her feel?
5. Why does Liz claim that her dates with Sean are no longer fun?
6. What does Maggie feel insecure about in Chapter 2?
7. Describe Maggie's loyalty to Liz.
8. How is it shown that Liz feels the need to be validated?
9. Why is the third person omniscient point of view helpful in the first chapter?
10. Describe Liz's tough exterior versus her softer interior.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does each character gain in the story? What does each character lose? What are the results and reasons for these gains and losses?
Essay Topic 2
Why is realism important in the story? How does realism give the reader a way to connect with the writing? What is the downfall to a story that does not contain realism? How do these questions apply to this specific story?
Essay Topic 3
What role does peer pressure play in the novel? what message about peer pressure does the author wish to send? How do the characters cope with peer pressure? Do you think the author meant for the characters to serve as a model for peer pressure and the ideal way for teens to deal with it? Why or why not?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)