|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys in the car behave in Chapter 5?
2. Which of the following is introduced in Chapter 5?
3. What does Sean conclude about girls in Chapter 5?
4. What is the name of Maggie's biology teacher?
5. What is the statue of that Liz's mother gives her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Liz's tough exterior versus her softer interior.
2. How is it shown that Liz feels the need to be validated?
3. Why does Liz end up going to the dance with Rod?
4. Why does Liz decide against having sex with Sean?
5. What does Maggie's mother say about physical attractiveness?
6. What is the main conflict in Chapter 5?
7. Why is the third person omniscient point of view helpful in the first chapter?
8. Why does Liz claim that her dates with Sean are no longer fun?
9. What is significant about Liz's astrological reading?
10. How does Liz try to improve her relationship with her parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What transitions are present in the story? Why are transitions necessary? How can the reader tell that a transition is in place?
Essay Topic 2
What are the important elements of the graduation scene? What symbolism is represented in the graduation scene? Why is this an important part of the story?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways are blind loyalty demonstrated in the story? Which characters are loyal? What consequences will be faced by the fiercely loyal characters and why?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)