|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie suggest to Dennis that they get?
2. Who wants Maggie to break up her date with Dennis in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Liz convince Maggie to go?
4. What is the name of Liz's mother?
5. What is the name of the park the group goes to in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Dennis and Sean.
2. What does Dennis think about Maggie while they are on their first date?
3. Why does Liz want to go to the Red Pub Inn?
4. What is the disparity in the definitions of love between the characters in the story?
5. How is it shown that Liz feels the need to be validated?
6. What is the main conflict in Chapter 5?
7. What is significant about Liz's astrological reading?
8. What elements of foreshadowing are included in the letter that Liz writes to Sean in Chapter 6?
9. On her date with Dennis in Chapter 3, what does Maggie hope?
10. What does Maggie's mother say about physical attractiveness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What transitions are present in the story? Why are transitions necessary? How can the reader tell that a transition is in place?
Essay Topic 2
What are some elements of irony present in the story? How are Liz's parents examples of irony? What purpose does irony serve in this particular story?
Essay Topic 3
What is the main conflict in My Darling, My Hamburger? Identify the sub-plots in the story. How do the sub-plots contribute to the underlying themes and the overall conflict?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)