|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liz claim to be no longer fun in chapter 6?
2. Who does Liz say is the only person who matters to her?
3. Who wants Maggie to break up her date with Dennis in Chapter 4?
4. Where does Liz say that a girl has been attacked?
5. Which of the following is introduced in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. On her date with Dennis in Chapter 3, what does Maggie hope?
2. What is the disparity in the definitions of love between the characters in the story?
3. How is diction used in Chapter 1 to enhance the reading experience?
4. How is it shown that Liz feels the need to be validated?
5. What foreshadowing is present in Chapter 3?
6. Describe the high school setting in Chapter 1.
7. Compare and contrast Dennis and Sean.
8. Why does Liz end up going to the dance with Rod?
9. What does Dennis think about Maggie while they are on their first date?
10. What does Maggie feel insecure about in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the way that relationships deteriorate in the story. What is the cause of deterioration? What elements cause this to happen? Do you think the story could have been different if factors were changed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What transitions are present in the story? Why are transitions necessary? How can the reader tell that a transition is in place?
Essay Topic 3
What are some elements of irony present in the story? How are Liz's parents examples of irony? What purpose does irony serve in this particular story?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)