|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Liz say is the only person who matters to her?
2. What is the name of Maggie's class advisor?
3. What does the note say?
4. What does Sean almost hit on the way to the park?
5. What does Liz no longer do that has met with her mother's disapproval?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Liz decide against having sex with Sean?
2. On her date with Dennis in Chapter 3, what does Maggie hope?
3. Why is Liz uncomfortable around her stepfather? How is it shown that this affects her?
4. How is the Madonna statue being moved a symbol? What does it symbolize?
5. What elements of foreshadowing are included in the letter that Liz writes to Sean in Chapter 6?
6. What mean things does Liz say to Maggie and how do they make her feel?
7. Why does Liz want to go to the Red Pub Inn?
8. Describe Liz's tough exterior versus her softer interior.
9. Describe Maggie's loyalty to Liz.
10. Why does Liz berate Maggie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Maggie's life change from the beginning of the story to end? How much confidence has she gained? What has she lost over the course of the story? How does this change her?
Essay Topic 2
What does each character gain in the story? What does each character lose? What are the results and reasons for these gains and losses?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the way that relationships deteriorate in the story. What is the cause of deterioration? What elements cause this to happen? Do you think the story could have been different if factors were changed? Why or why not?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)