|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Liz been warned of?
2. Which of the following is introduced in Chapter 5?
3. What is Rod described as being?
4. What is the name of Maggie's mother?
5. What does Liz berate in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie feel insecure about in Chapter 2?
2. What elements of foreshadowing are included in the letter that Liz writes to Sean in Chapter 6?
3. How does Liz try to improve her relationship with her parents?
4. How is diction used in Chapter 1 to enhance the reading experience?
5. Why does Liz berate Maggie?
6. Why does Liz decide against having sex with Sean?
7. What foreshadowing is present in Chapter 3?
8. What is significant about Liz's astrological reading?
9. On her date with Dennis in Chapter 3, what does Maggie hope?
10. Why is the third person omniscient point of view helpful in the first chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What social commentary does the author include in the story? What message about society and today's culture might the author be trying to send?
Essay Topic 2
What transitions are present in the story? Why are transitions necessary? How can the reader tell that a transition is in place?
Essay Topic 3
Why is realism important in the story? How does realism give the reader a way to connect with the writing? What is the downfall to a story that does not contain realism? How do these questions apply to this specific story?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)