|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Liz call from a pay phone in Chapter 9?
(c) Her mother.
2. At the end of Chapter 12, who is the note written for?
3. What embarrasses Maggie in Chapter 10?
(a) Liz yells at her in the store.
(b) Liz is rude to a clerk.
(c) Liz rips a dress she tries on.
(d) Liz brings a date to go shopping.
4. Who does Liz most want to get away from?
(c) Her classmates.
(d) Her parents.
5. Where do Sean and Liz drive to after the dance?
(c) A party.
(d) Main Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sean's car in Chapter 9?
2. Where is Rod attacked?
3. Which of the following words best describes Sean's father?
4. When does Liz plan to get married?
5. How does Liz react to Sean's rejection in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Liz decide to have an abortion?
2. Why does Liz tell Maggie to let her die?
3. How is Liz an ill-fated character?
4. Why does Sean assume that his father intercepted Liz's letter to him?
5. What does Maggie need from Liz?
6. Why does Maggie decide not to go to the prom with Dennis?
7. Describe the way Liz reacts to Sean's rejection of marriage. Why does she behave this way?
8. Why does Liz decide that she is in no hurry to get home in Chapter 9?
9. Why do Sean and Liz want to get married?
10. In what ways is Maggie a good friend? How is she a bad friend?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)