|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the title of Sean's essay?
(a) The Dark Entrapment.
(b) The Circle of Life.
(c) The Circus of Blackness.
(d) The Solemn Endeavor.
2. What color roses does Liz have in Chapter 13?
3. What time is Liz's curfew?
(a) 11 p.m.
(b) 10:30 p.m.
(c) 1 a.m.
4. How many drinks does Sean's father have before Sean asks him a question in Chapter 12?
5. What does Liz tell Sean after she gets off the phone in Chapter 9?
(a) That she needs to get something to eat.
(b) That she needs to get home right away.
(c) That she needs to see Maggie right away.
(d) That she is in no hurry to get home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie think of Dennis's clothes for the dance?
2. What is evidence that Liz's plan has gotten out of hand?
3. What does Sean tell Liz in Chapter 13?
4. Who did Liz tell that she was pregnant?
5. Who goes into the doctor's office with Liz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Liz decide that she is in no hurry to get home in Chapter 9?
2. How is Pierre introduced in Chapter 10 and what is the purpose of this?
3. Why does Liz tell Maggie to let her die?
4. How is Liz an ill-fated character?
5. Describe the way Liz behaves toward Sean in Chapter 11.
6. Why do you think Maggie and Liz have planned an urgent meeting?
7. Describe Sean's essay in Chapter 14.
8. Why does Sean decide to talk to his father? What are the results?
9. Why do the girls wear their prom gowns to the clinic?
10. Why does Sean decide that he does not want to marry Liz?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)