|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the letter Liz wrote to Sean?
(a) It was returned to the sender.
(b) It was damaged.
(c) It was never sent.
(d) It was kept from Sean.
2. What is evidence that Liz's plan has gotten out of hand?
(a) Sean breaks up with her.
(b) Dennis lies to her.
(c) Rod rapes her.
(d) Maggie stops talking to her.
3. Who goes into the doctor's office with Liz?
4. What does Maggie want to discuss with Liz in Chapter 10?
5. How long does it take for Liz to get her abortion?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Liz tell that she was pregnant?
2. Who wants to marry Liz?
3. Which of the following words best describes Sean's behavior in Chapter 13?
4. What does Denis notice about Maggie in Chapter 8?
5. Who is the only other person who knows that Liz is pregnant in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the tone of the note at the end of Chapter 12 from Liz to Maggie. In what tone might the reader find the note?
2. How does Maggie show that she cares for Liz in Chapter 8?
3. What does Maggie need from Liz?
4. In what ways is Maggie a good friend? How is she a bad friend?
5. How does Sean show his feelings for Liz in Chapter 8?
6. How is Pierre introduced in Chapter 10 and what is the purpose of this?
7. How does Rod behave toward Liz in Chapter 8?
8. Why does Liz decide that she is in no hurry to get home in Chapter 9?
9. Why does Liz tell Maggie to let her die?
10. What is ironic in Chapter 9?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)