|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liz attack Rod with?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A tack.
(c) A stapler.
(d) A pair of scissors.
2. What has Maggie given to Liz to help her?
(b) Phone numbers for doctors.
(c) Maternity clothing.
3. What does Liz tell Sean after she gets off the phone in Chapter 9?
(a) That she is in no hurry to get home.
(b) That she needs to get something to eat.
(c) That she needs to see Maggie right away.
(d) That she needs to get home right away.
4. What does Liz claim to need in Chapter 13?
(a) A prom dress.
(b) A new home.
(d) New clothes.
5. Who does Rod get into a fight with?
(a) The principal
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only other person who knows that Liz is pregnant in Chapter 10?
2. Where does Liz want to move?
3. What does Sean tell Liz in Chapter 13?
4. Who does the writer of the first note in Chapter 10 ask about?
5. What does Denis notice about Maggie in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Liz need from Maggie. Can Maggie provide this for her?
2. How is Pierre introduced in Chapter 10 and what is the purpose of this?
3. Why does Liz decide that she is in no hurry to get home in Chapter 9?
4. What is the central cause of deterioration in the relationship between Maggie and Dennis?
5. Why does Liz decide to have an abortion?
6. Describe the way Liz reacts to Sean's rejection of marriage. Why does she behave this way?
7. Why does Maggie go to the clinic with Rod and Liz?
8. How is Liz an ill-fated character?
9. Describe Sean's essay in Chapter 14.
10. Why does Maggie decide not to go to the prom with Dennis?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)