|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Sean's car in Chapter 9?
(a) Runs out of gas.
(c) Flat tire.
(d) Hits a tree.
2. What does Liz attack Rod with?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A pair of scissors.
(c) A stapler.
(d) A tack.
3. Who are the notes in Chapter 10 written by?
4. Where do Sean and Liz go in Chapter 11?
(a) The beach.
(d) A diner.
5. What does Maggie worry that Dennis will do?
(a) Not go to the prom at all.
(b) Go to the prom with a date.
(c) Become angry with her for insulting him.
(d) Talk to her mother about Liz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Liz and Rod retreat during the dance?
2. Who does the writer of the first note in Chapter 10 ask about?
3. What does Liz tell Sean after she gets off the phone in Chapter 9?
4. Who is the note from in Chapter 13?
5. Who does Liz hope to catch sight of at the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Liz tell Maggie to let her die?
2. Why do the girls wear their prom gowns to the clinic?
3. How does Maggie show that she cares for Liz in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Sean decide that he does not want to marry Liz?
5. What insecurities does Dennie have? Why?
6. Why does Liz decide to have an abortion?
7. Why does Maggie go to the clinic with Rod and Liz?
8. Why does Sean decide to talk to his father? What are the results?
9. What is the central cause of deterioration in the relationship between Maggie and Dennis?
10. How does Sean show his feelings for Liz in Chapter 8?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)