|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the letter Liz wrote to Sean?
(a) It was returned to the sender.
(b) It was kept from Sean.
(c) It was damaged.
(d) It was never sent.
2. Describe Liz's condition when she arrives back at home in Chapter 14.
3. Which of the following frustrates Sean in Chapter 9?
(a) Liz threatens to walk home.
(b) Liz calls Maggie.
(c) Liz calls her parents.
(d) Liz pulls away from him.
4. How does Maggie feel about Liz's pregnancy?
5. Who does the writer of the first note in Chapter 10 ask about?
(c) Liz's stepfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Liz want to move?
2. What physical symptom does Dennis feel in Chapter 11?
3. What does Liz claim to need in Chapter 13?
4. What is it that Maggie can no longer buy in Chapter 11?
5. Which character has wiped out their savings account?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the tone of the note at the end of Chapter 12 from Liz to Maggie. In what tone might the reader find the note?
2. Why do Sean and Liz want to get married?
3. Why do you think Maggie and Liz have planned an urgent meeting?
4. What is the central cause of deterioration in the relationship between Maggie and Dennis?
5. Describe the way Liz behaves toward Sean in Chapter 11.
6. Why does Sean decide that he does not want to marry Liz?
7. What does Liz need from Maggie. Can Maggie provide this for her?
8. What is ironic in Chapter 9?
9. Why does Liz decide that she is in no hurry to get home in Chapter 9?
10. Describe the way Liz reacts to Sean's rejection of marriage. Why does she behave this way?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)