|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following frustrates Sean in Chapter 9?
(a) Liz pulls away from him.
(b) Liz calls Maggie.
(c) Liz threatens to walk home.
(d) Liz calls her parents.
2. Where do Sean and Liz drive to after the dance?
(b) Main Street.
(c) A party.
3. What is Dennis insecure about in Chapter 11?
(a) His dancing abilities.
(b) His charisma.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His physical attractiveness.
4. What does Liz want to discuss with Sean in Chapter 13?
(a) How to change a diaper.
(b) Baby names.
(c) Baby books.
(d) Baby clothes.
5. How much money does Liz ask Sean for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sean and Liz sit together in Chapter 11?
2. Where does Maggie speak to Dennis at in Chapter 13?
3. How many drinks does Sean's father have before Sean asks him a question in Chapter 12?
4. In Chapter 10, what does Liz plan to do about her pregnancy?
5. What is Liz's mood initially as she leaves the clinic?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sean show his feelings for Liz in Chapter 8?
2. How is Liz an ill-fated character?
3. Describe the way Liz behaves toward Sean in Chapter 11.
4. How does Rod behave toward Liz in Chapter 8?
5. How is Pierre introduced in Chapter 10 and what is the purpose of this?
6. Why do you think Maggie and Liz have planned an urgent meeting?
7. In what ways is Maggie a good friend? How is she a bad friend?
8. Describe Sean's essay in Chapter 14.
9. Why does Maggie go to the clinic with Rod and Liz?
10. Why does Liz decide that she is in no hurry to get home in Chapter 9?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)