|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is introduced in Chapter 5?
(a) A theme of death.
(b) A theme of teen pregnancy.
(c) The story's main conflict.
(d) The story's climax.
2. What is the school assembly about that Maggie attends in Chapter 1?
(a) Upcoming testing.
(b) Senior activities.
(c) College applications.
(d) Graduation procedure.
3. What does Liz claim to be no longer fun in chapter 6?
(c) Her friendship with Maggie.
4. What does Maggie compare Dennis's face to?
5. Where does Liz say that a girl has been attacked?
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Restaurant parking lot.
(d) Mall parking lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not approve of the dress in Chapter 7?
2. Who behaves inappropriately toward Liz in Chapter 6?
3. What is there a notice about in Chapter 6?
4. Who is the note at the end of Chapter 4 written to?
5. What is the statue of that Liz's mother gives her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Liz berate Maggie?
2. Why does Liz want to go to the Red Pub Inn?
3. Describe the high school setting in Chapter 1.
4. How is it shown that Liz feels the need to be validated?
5. Why is the third person omniscient point of view helpful in the first chapter?
6. Compare and contrast Dennis and Sean.
7. What is the disparity in the definitions of love between the characters in the story?
8. Why is Liz uncomfortable around her stepfather? How is it shown that this affects her?
9. Describe Maggie's loyalty to Liz.
10. What is the main conflict in Chapter 5?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)