|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Maggie's class advisor?
(a) Mr. Zenon.
(b) Mr. Zenowsky.
(c) Mr. Zamborsky.
(d) Mr. Zamborson.
2. Where does Liz convince Maggie to go?
(a) Blue Jay Inn.
(b) Red Pub Inn.
(c) Yellow Canary Inn.
(d) Pink Panther Inn.
3. Who does Maggie hope will ask her to the upcoming event?
4. Who is the note from at the end of Chapter 2?
5. What is the school assembly about that Maggie attends in Chapter 1?
(a) College applications.
(b) Graduation procedure.
(c) Upcoming testing.
(d) Senior activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sean frustrated in Chapter 5?
2. Who is the note at the end of Chapter 4 written to?
3. What does Liz's mother claim to see changed in Liz in Chapter 7?
4. Who does Liz's mother disapprove of?
5. What does Liz present at the entrance to the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the contents of the memo at the end of Chapter 3?
2. Describe Liz's tough exterior versus her softer interior.
3. How does Liz try to improve her relationship with her parents?
4. What elements of foreshadowing are included in the letter that Liz writes to Sean in Chapter 6?
5. Why is the third person omniscient point of view helpful in the first chapter?
6. Describe the high school setting in Chapter 1.
7. What does Dennis think about Maggie while they are on their first date?
8. What mean things does Liz say to Maggie and how do they make her feel?
9. What is the disparity in the definitions of love between the characters in the story?
10. Why does Liz claim that her dates with Sean are no longer fun?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)