|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liz present at the entrance to the bar?
(a) A fake ID.
(b) A yearbook.
(c) A false birth certificate.
(d) A fake social security number.
2. Who makes Liz feel uncomfortable in Chapter 4?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her stepfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
3. What does Liz berate in Chapter 2?
(a) Maggie's makeup.
(b) Maggie's homemade dress.
(c) Maggie's small eyebrows.
(d) Maggie's shyness.
4. What is there a notice about in Chapter 6?
(a) An abstinence program.
(b) A new movie coming out.
(c) A notice about safe sex.
(d) A dance.
5. What is the school assembly about that Maggie attends in Chapter 1?
(a) Upcoming testing.
(b) College applications.
(c) Graduation procedure.
(d) Senior activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liz feel that Sea is giving her?
2. What are the names of the two boys in the car in Chapter 5?
3. Where does Liz say that a girl has been attacked?
4. What is Liz getting ready for in Chapter 7?
5. Which of the following is introduced in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Liz not graduate in the story?
2. How is the Madonna statue being moved a symbol? What does it symbolize?
3. What is significant about Liz's astrological reading?
4. What foreshadowing is present in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Liz end up going to the dance with Rod?
6. Describe Maggie's loyalty to Liz.
7. What does Maggie's mother say about physical attractiveness?
8. Why does Liz decide to have an abortion?
9. Why does Liz decide against having sex with Sean?
10. At what point is the transition between the characters' thoughts most intense? Why?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)