|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the senior class president?
2. What is Dennis's last name?
3. Which of the following literary devices is used in Chapter 7?
(c) Verbal irony.
4. Who does Liz suggest might ask Maggie to the prom?
5. What is Liz getting ready for in Chapter 7?
(a) Dinner with her parents.
(b) A dance.
(c) A date with Sean.
(d) A club meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Maggie's biology teacher?
2. Who is the note at the end of Chapter 4 written to?
3. How do the boys in the car behave in Chapter 5?
4. What does Liz present at the entrance to the bar?
5. What is the name of Liz's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Liz's astrological reading?
2. What does Maggie's mother say about physical attractiveness?
3. Describe Liz's tough exterior versus her softer interior.
4. How does Liz try to improve her relationship with her parents?
5. At what point is the transition between the characters' thoughts most intense? Why?
6. What is the main conflict in Chapter 5?
7. What does Dennis think about Maggie while they are on their first date?
8. Why is the third person omniscient point of view helpful in the first chapter?
9. How is diction used in Chapter 1 to enhance the reading experience?
10. Why does Liz want to go to the Red Pub Inn?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)