|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dennis's last name?
2. What does Liz feel that Sea is giving her?
3. What does Sean conclude about girls in Chapter 5?
(a) That girls enjoy teasing boys.
(b) That girls don't care about sex.
(c) That girls are never going to give in to him.
(d) That girls don't ever really fall in love.
4. What grade is Maggie in at high school?
5. Why is Dennis at Maggie's house in Chapter 2?
(a) He needs to study.
(b) He is picking her up for a date.
(c) He is meeting her parents for dinner.
(d) He is asking her to the prom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maggie feel at the bar?
2. What is the genre of the film Maggie watches in Chapter 2?
3. Who does Liz say is the only person who matters to her?
4. Who does Maggie hope will ask her to the upcoming event?
5. Who is the note from at the end of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sean's main problem in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Liz decide against having sex with Sean?
3. Why is the third person omniscient point of view helpful in the first chapter?
4. What are the contents of the memo at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What is the main conflict in Chapter 5?
6. How is the Madonna statue being moved a symbol? What does it symbolize?
7. Compare and contrast Dennis and Sean.
8. What does Dennis think about Maggie while they are on their first date?
9. On her date with Dennis in Chapter 3, what does Maggie hope?
10. Describe the high school setting in Chapter 1.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)