|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sean and Liz do on a first date?
(a) Swim in the ocean.
(b) Play video games.
(d) Watch a movie.
2. Why is Dennis at Maggie's house in Chapter 2?
(a) He is asking her to the prom.
(b) He is picking her up for a date.
(c) He needs to study.
(d) He is meeting her parents for dinner.
3. What does Maggie fear in Chapter 1?
(a) That she will get bad grades.
(b) That she won't have a prom date.
(c) That she will never go on a date.
(d) That she won't graduate.
4. Who is the senior class president?
5. Who writes a letter early in Chapter 6?
(b) Sean's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sean believe is his only thing to live for?
2. What does Dennis decide not to do in Chapter 2 so that he does not have to kiss his date?
3. What does Maggie suggest to Dennis that they get?
4. What is the name of Sean's father?
5. Who does not approve of the dress in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maggie's loyalty to Liz.
2. Describe the high school setting in Chapter 1.
3. What is Sean's main problem in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Liz decide against having sex with Sean?
5. Why does Liz berate Maggie?
6. What foreshadowing is present in Chapter 3?
7. Why is the third person omniscient point of view helpful in the first chapter?
8. What does Maggie's mother say about physical attractiveness?
9. What mean things does Liz say to Maggie and how do they make her feel?
10. What does Dennis think about Maggie while they are on their first date?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)