|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liz say the boys in the car would "beat their mother" for?
(a) To ditch school.
(b) Beer money.
(c) Drug money.
(d) Money for prostitutes.
2. Who does Maggie hope will ask her to the upcoming event?
3. What does Maggie regret while walking with Liz in Chapter 5?
(a) Becoming friends with Liz.
(b) Mouthing off to her mother.
(c) Calling off her date.
(d) Not bringing her car.
4. What does Maggie fear in Chapter 1?
(a) That she will get bad grades.
(b) That she won't have a prom date.
(c) That she will never go on a date.
(d) That she won't graduate.
5. Who is the note from at the end of Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces Dennis to ask Maggie out in Chapter 3?
2. Who is the letter mentioned at the end of Chapter 2 addressed to?
3. Who does Liz leave with in Chapter 7?
4. On their date, where do Maggie and Dennis sit in Chapter 3?
5. At the end of Chapter 3, who sends the memo to Sean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maggie's loyalty to Liz.
2. Compare and contrast Dennis and Sean.
3. How is the Madonna statue being moved a symbol? What does it symbolize?
4. Why does Liz end up going to the dance with Rod?
5. Why does Liz want to go to the Red Pub Inn?
6. What foreshadowing is present in Chapter 3?
7. What is significant about Liz's astrological reading?
8. At what point is the transition between the characters' thoughts most intense? Why?
9. What is Sean's main problem in Chapter 5?
10. Why does Liz claim that her dates with Sean are no longer fun?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)