|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Maggie's biology teacher?
(a) Miss Fanuzzi.
(b) Miss Fragunzi
(c) Miss Fetching
(d) Miss Fielding
2. What does Liz compare Maggie's hair to?
(a) A wild animal.
(b) A pasta.
(d) A shiny coin.
3. What is the name of the event mentioned in Chapter 6?
(a) Winter Night's Dream.
(b) Winter Dance-a-thon.
(c) Winter Starlight Dance.
(d) Winter Fling.
4. What does Liz no longer do that has met with her mother's disapproval?
(a) Wears her hair down.
(b) Attends church.
(c) Wears long dresses.
(d) Is homeschooled.
5. Which of the following literary devices is used in Chapter 7?
(c) Verbal irony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what condition does Liz claim she would have sex with Sean?
2. What is the name of Sean's father?
3. What is the school assembly about that Maggie attends in Chapter 1?
4. What is the first topic that Maggie is concerned with at the assembly?
5. Who makes Liz feel uncomfortable in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is diction used in Chapter 1 to enhance the reading experience?
2. Why is Liz uncomfortable around her stepfather? How is it shown that this affects her?
3. How is it shown that Liz feels the need to be validated?
4. What is significant about Liz's astrological reading?
5. At what point is the transition between the characters' thoughts most intense? Why?
6. What are the contents of the memo at the end of Chapter 3?
7. Describe Liz's tough exterior versus her softer interior.
8. How is the Madonna statue being moved a symbol? What does it symbolize?
9. Why does Liz claim that her dates with Sean are no longer fun?
10. What is the main conflict in Chapter 5?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)