|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liz no longer do that has met with her mother's disapproval?
(a) Wears long dresses.
(b) Is homeschooled.
(c) Wears her hair down.
(d) Attends church.
2. Who does Liz say is the only person who matters to her?
(c) Her mother.
3. What does Sean want the most?
(a) To get married.
(b) To talk to his father.
(c) To have a baby.
(d) To have a mother figure in his life.
4. What is the name of Maggie's class advisor?
(a) Mr. Zenon.
(b) Mr. Zenowsky.
(c) Mr. Zamborsky.
(d) Mr. Zamborson.
5. What car do the two boys pull up in in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Liz been warned of?
2. What did Sean and Liz do on a first date?
3. What is the name of Liz's boyfriend in Chapter 1?
4. What word might Sean use to describe the human race?
5. At the end of Chapter 3, who sends the memo to Sean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the disparity in the definitions of love between the characters in the story?
2. Why does Liz want to go to the Red Pub Inn?
3. Why is the third person omniscient point of view helpful in the first chapter?
4. What foreshadowing is present in Chapter 3?
5. What is significant about Liz's astrological reading?
6. What does Maggie feel insecure about in Chapter 2?
7. Why is Liz uncomfortable around her stepfather? How is it shown that this affects her?
8. Describe the high school setting in Chapter 1.
9. How does Liz try to improve her relationship with her parents?
10. What elements of foreshadowing are included in the letter that Liz writes to Sean in Chapter 6?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)