|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liz no longer do that has met with her mother's disapproval?
(a) Is homeschooled.
(b) Wears long dresses.
(c) Attends church.
(d) Wears her hair down.
2. What is the first topic that Maggie is concerned with at the assembly?
3. What does Dennis decide not to do in Chapter 2 so that he does not have to kiss his date?
(a) Invite her to prom.
(b) See her again.
(c) Drive her home.
(d) Walk her to the door.
4. What does Liz present at the entrance to the bar?
(a) A yearbook.
(b) A false birth certificate.
(c) A fake ID.
(d) A fake social security number.
5. Who does Chapter 7 focus on?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maggie feel at the bar?
2. What are the names of the two boys in the car in Chapter 5?
3. What is the name of Liz's boyfriend in Chapter 1?
4. What does Dennis try to figure out in Chapter 4?
5. What car do the two boys pull up in in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rod behave toward Liz in Chapter 8?
2. What does Maggie's mother say about physical attractiveness?
3. Describe the way Liz behaves toward Sean in Chapter 11.
4. How does Sean show his feelings for Liz in Chapter 8?
5. How is symbolism used in Chapter 15?
6. Why does Maggie decide not to go to the prom with Dennis?
7. How is Liz an ill-fated character?
8. Compare and contrast Dennis and Sean.
9. Why does Liz not graduate in the story?
10. Describe the high school setting in Chapter 1.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)