|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is Maggie in at high school?
2. What does Sean want the most?
(a) To have a mother figure in his life.
(b) To talk to his father.
(c) To have a baby.
(d) To get married.
3. What does the note say?
(a) That Liz had fun on the date.
(b) That Sean is scared to go out with Liz again.
(c) That Maggie thinks Dennis is gross.
(d) That Dennis is not interested in Maggie.
4. Who behaves inappropriately toward Liz in Chapter 6?
(a) Maggie's father.
(c) Sean's father.
(d) Liz's stepfather.
5. What does Liz compare Maggie's hair to?
(a) A shiny coin.
(b) A wild animal.
(d) A pasta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liz's mother claim to see changed in Liz in Chapter 7?
2. Where does Liz say that a girl has been attacked?
3. Who does Chapter 7 focus on?
4. What does Liz confirm in Chapter 6?
5. What is Rod described as being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main conflict in Chapter 5?
2. How is diction used in Chapter 1 to enhance the reading experience?
3. Why is Liz uncomfortable around her stepfather? How is it shown that this affects her?
4. What does Maggie feel insecure about in Chapter 2?
5. What is Sean's main problem in Chapter 5?
6. Why does Liz berate Maggie?
7. Why does Liz claim that her dates with Sean are no longer fun?
8. Why is the third person omniscient point of view helpful in the first chapter?
9. Describe Maggie's loyalty to Liz.
10. What foreshadowing is present in Chapter 3?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)