|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Liz's boyfriend in Chapter 1?
2. Who does Maggie hope will ask her to the upcoming event?
3. What did Sean and Liz do on a first date?
(a) Play video games.
(b) Watch a movie.
(d) Swim in the ocean.
4. Who does Liz say is the only person who matters to her?
(a) Her mother.
5. What is Rod described as being?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie fear in Chapter 1?
2. Who does Liz leave with in Chapter 7?
3. What does Liz feel that Sea is giving her?
4. Who convinces Dennis to ask Maggie out in Chapter 3?
5. What does Liz's mother claim to see changed in Liz in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie's mother say about physical attractiveness?
2. Describe the high school setting in Chapter 1.
3. What is Sean's main problem in Chapter 5?
4. Why is the third person omniscient point of view helpful in the first chapter?
5. Why does Liz want to go to the Red Pub Inn?
6. How is diction used in Chapter 1 to enhance the reading experience?
7. At what point is the transition between the characters' thoughts most intense? Why?
8. Describe Maggie's loyalty to Liz.
9. Compare and contrast Dennis and Sean.
10. What mean things does Liz say to Maggie and how do they make her feel?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)