Part 1, Chapter 1
• Maggie and Liz are friends in high school, and are both seniors.
• The senior class heads to the auditorium for an assembly about senior activities.
• Maggie doe not think that anybody will ask her to the prom that is approaching.
• Liz says that her boyfriend, Sean, has a friend, Dennis, who might ask Maggie to the prom.
Part 1, Chapter 2
• Dennis and Maggie go on a double date with Sean and Liz to the movies.
• Dennis wonders if he should put his arm around Maggie.
• Liz continues to berate Maggie, especially about her homemade dress.
• Maggie writes a note to Liz in which she asserts that Dennis does not like her.
Part 1, Chapter 3
• Sean often contemplates suicide and finds the human race to be pathetic.
• Sean and Liz go on their first date to the park beach for a picnic, and Sean believes that...
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)