|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like when Philip arrives in Italy?
(a) Rainy and cold.
(b) Sunny and humid.
(c) Warm and breezy.
(d) Hot and dry.
2. What reason does Seecombe give for changing his mind about having a woman in the house?
(a) He believes it is time for Philip to get married now that he owns the estate.
(b) He has started courting the new cook.
(c) He thinks she might help them whip the shabby house into shape.
(d) Rachel is a widow and he feels sorry for her.
3. What piece of information is Philip surprised to learn from Rainaldi concerning Ambrose's will?
(a) That Nick Kendall is Philip's guardian.
(b) That the estate is to be Philip's immediately.
(c) That Rachel is not included in the will.
(d) That the estate is to pass to Rachel.
4. What was the hanged man convicted of?
(b) Robbing a bank.
(c) Killing his wife.
(d) Murdering his wife's lover.
5. What does the servant at the villa tell Philip has been done with Ambrose's clothes?
(a) Rachel took them all.
(b) They were given to the poor.
(c) The were sold.
(d) They were burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ambrose when Rachel met him?
2. How does Philip feel when he realizes he now owns the estate?
3. What city is Villa Sangalletti near?
4. What is Philip surprised to realize Rachel does not know when they are out riding?
5. What alternative to a brain tumor does Nick Kendall suggest to explain Ambrose's incoherent letter?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)