|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trait of Rachel's does Ambrose praise in his initial letters to Philip about her?
(a) She has lovely eyes.
(b) She swears like a sailor.
(c) She knows when to stop talking.
(d) She is good with children.
2. Why does Philip not want to see Ambrose's grave?
(a) He is afraid he will run into Rachel there.
(b) He does not like the words that Rainaldi had printed on the headstone.
(c) He does not believe Ambrose's spirit is there.
(d) Ambrose had wanted to be cremated.
3. What alternative to a brain tumor does Nick Kendall suggest to explain Ambrose's incoherent letter?
(a) Ambrose was drunk when he wrote the letter.
(b) Ambrose has gone insane.
(c) Ambrose is trying to trick Philip.
(d) Ambrose did not write the letter.
4. After receiving Rachel's letter about coming to England, how does Philip ask his godfather to respond?
(a) Not to tell Rachel that he was in Italy and that she cannot come to his house.
(b) To tell Rachel that Philip knows nothing of Ambrose's death.
(c) To tell Rachel that he knows what she did to Ambrose and that she is not welcome at the estate.
(d) To tell Rachel he was in Italy and that she can visit him at his house.
5. What condition causes Ambrose to go abroad in the winters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a young Philip do before walking away from the hanged man?
2. What reason does Rainaldi give Philip for his not having been told about Ambrose's illness?
3. Where did Philip see a hanged man when he was just a boy?
4. What does Philip think was his ultimate undoing with Rachel?
5. How old was Ambrose when Rachel met him?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)