|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mrs. Meeker and Tim do after all the people have left the tavern?
(b) Bolt the door
(d) Pack their clothes
2. What is it about Sam that Tim still cannot figure out?
(a) Why he and his father fought
(b) Why he won't come home
(c) What Sam is fighting for
(d) Why he likes Becky Read
3. How did General Putnam react to Mrs. Meeker's story about the cattle?
(a) He was sorry to have created a problem for her
(b) He did not care about it
(c) He will release Sam immediately
(d) He will make the case his priority
4. Which of the following is not illegal to pray for now?
(c) The King
(d) British soldiers
5. Where is Tim hit with a musket ball as he runs away?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Tim write this story?
2. In addition to his chores, Sam also has to __________________.
3. Who is hanged before Sam is killed?
4. What other factor is not in Sam's favor?
5. As Tim approaches the stockade, he __________________ and throws the bayonet over the wall.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the dire straits for people like Mother and Tim?
2. What are Tim's personal frustrations as the war drags on and on?
3. How does Tim exhibit the same planning capabilities as his father?
4. How do the authors balance reality and fiction in this book?
5. Why does Tim begin to resent his new life?
6. Describe the reunion of Sam, Tim and Mother.
7. Explain Tim's philosophies on his country and the war that took so much from his family.
8. What are Tim and Mother's attempts to free Sam from his imprisonment?
9. Characterize the demeanor and outlooks of the soldiers at this point in the war.
10. What is an irony related to Sam's trial?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)