|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news do Mrs. Meeker and Tim receive in June of 1777?
(a) The war is over
(b) Mr. Meeker is dead
(c) Sam is dead
(d) Sam has returned
2. What is a major problem for the people in Redding now?
(c) Bad weather
3. What happened to Jerry Sanford?
(a) He died in battle
(b) He became a British soldier
(c) He died on a prison ship
(d) He moved to California
4. In addition to his chores, Sam also has to __________________.
(a) Butcher the cattle
(b) Plow the field
(c) Clean the guns
(d) Go to school
5. Of what did Mr. Meeker die?
(b) Gun shot
Short Answer Questions
1. The Meeker family learns that General Putnam ______________________.
2. Which of the following things has not worn down Mrs. Meeker's spirit?
3. What do Mrs. Meeker and Tim do after all the people have left the tavern?
4. What does Sam say about Mr. Meeker?
5. Who is one of the people taken away by the British soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tim's overwhelming sense of futility related to the war?
2. In what context do the authors want the reader to view the events of the Revolutionary War?
3. What is an irony related to Sam's trial?
4. What happens that makes Tim feel he is no longer a Tory?
5. What effort did Sam make to try to save Father after he heard about his capture?
6. What are the circumstances surrounding Tim's transition from a child to an adult?
7. Explain Tim's philosophies on his country and the war that took so much from his family.
8. What impact has the war had on Mother as seen through Tim's eyes?
9. Explain how reason seems to have been suspended due to the war.
10. What happens to Tim and Mother after the war is over?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)