|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lives and deaths of many of the characters, including Jerry Sanford and _________, were written here as they were recorded.
2. What does Tim begin to resent?
(a) Being a Loyalist
(b) Not being able to travel
(c) Working at the tavern
(d) Not going to war
3. Why does Mr. Meeker ride ahead on the trip back home?
(a) To look for cow-boys
(b) To clear a path
(c) To light the way
(d) To check the roads
4. Who later arrives at the tavern to discuss the war?
(a) Indian scouts
(b) Continental soldiers
(c) British soldiers
5. How many cows do Mrs. Meeker and Tim have to sell?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the new Rebel laws, people can use ________________ as currency.
2. What other factor is not in Sam's favor?
3. What happens to anyone caught stealing cattle?
4. Why is it good that Tim's wound is superficial?
5. What is the name of the real life 17-year-old soldier who was killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tim exhibit the same planning capabilities as his father?
2. Describe Mother's state of mind at this point in the story.
3. Characterize the demeanor and outlooks of the soldiers at this point in the war.
4. Explain Tim's philosophies on his country and the war that took so much from his family.
5. What are the circumstances surrounding Tim's transition from a child to an adult?
6. What disturbing news do Mother and Tim receive in June of 1777?
7. What impact has the war had on Mother as seen through Tim's eyes?
8. How does Tim exhibit that he has the qualities to become the man of the house?
9. What effort did Sam make to try to save Father after he heard about his capture?
10. What are Tim's personal frustrations as the war drags on and on?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)