|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Sam Meeker been away from home?
(a) Since summer
(b) Since Christmas
(c) Five years
(d) Four years
2. What does the person in #68 think Tim is carrying?
(a) A letter from Mrs. Meeker
(b) A letter from Sam
(c) A letter for Sam
(d) A letter to a girlfriend
3. Who is Tim supposed to deliver a message to?
(a) Mr. Adams
(b) Mr. Jefferson
(c) Mr. Franklin
(d) Mr. Burr
4. What does Betsy ask Tim one day?
(a) If he will walk her to school
(b) If he will chop wood for the family
(c) If he will teach her to fish
(d) If he can keep a secret should Sam come back
5. Who is Tom Warrups?
(a) The town blacksmith
(b) An Indian who lives in town
(c) A local surveyor
(d) A local trapper
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Betsy tell Sam she is going?
2. Which of the following items to be sold in the tavern will Mr. Meeker not purchase on the trip?
3. Which of the following is not one of the conditions on the morning Mr. Meeker and Tim set off on their trip?
4. What is the name of Mr. Meeker's newspaper?
5. What does Tim do in secret that he knows his father would not approve of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use religion as a theme in this book?
2. How does Tim see evidence that Sam is a lot like Father?
3. What is Tim's position regarding Sam's taking Father's gun?
4. What is so mysterious about Mr. Heron?
5. How does the author show the reality of war for Tim and Father in Chapter 7?
6. What is the nature of the conversation between Tim and Ezekiel?
7. What are two situations that foreshadow upcoming events?
8. What are the arguments and sides that people are taking regarding England?
9. How is Tim showing more maturity than Sam at this point in the story?
10. How does the author show that Tim is growing up?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)