|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tim encounter on the road?
(a) Mr. Meeker
(b) Tom Warrups
(c) Betsy Read
2. Who is the minister for the Meeker family?
(a) Mr. Bacon
(b) Mr. Beach
(c) Mr. Beacon
(d) Mr. Brown
3. What does Tim do after taking the gun from Sam?
(a) Starts to run toward home
(b) Shoots a warning shot
(c) Cleans it
(d) Throws it in the river
4. Who offers to take Tim on as a surveying apprentice?
(a) Mr. Sanford
(b) Mr. Beach
(c) Mr. Heron
(d) Mr. Read
5. What kind of fish do Tim and Jerry catch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Heron want Tim to take to Fairfield?
2. What does Tim hear as he is chopping wood?
3. What does war mean for Tim?
4. Where do Mr. Meeker and Tim head after leaving the Platts' home?
5. Which of the following is not one of Tim's chores at the tavern?
Short Essay Questions
1. What web of lies is Tim weaving related to working for Mr. Heron?
2. What is the nature of the conversation between Tim and Ezekiel?
3. How does the author show the reality of war for Tim and Father in Chapter 7?
4. What is Father's position about Sam's wanting to go to war?
5. Explain the nature of Tim's quandary regarding his position on the war.
6. How does the author use religion as a theme in this book?
7. What is the religious split in Redding?
8. Explain Tim's mixed feelings about the trip to Verplancks Point.
9. How does the threat of war finally arrive in Redding?
10. How does the author characterize Sam?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)