|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons do the Solaras brothers display in Adolescence: Chapter 22?
2. How do Stefano's sister and mother feel about Lila in Adolescence: Chapter 44?
3. How is Stefano Carracci's new car described in Adolescence: Chapter 36?
4. What word from Adolescence: Chapter 35 refers to agreeability or a likable nature in a person?
5. Who has presumably trashed Marcello's car and beaten him up in Adolescence: Chapter 47?
Short Essay Questions
1. What propels Elena across the room to Nino at the reception in Adolescence: Chapter 60?
2. How is Lila's character impacted by the conflicts with her family regarding Marcello in Adolescence: Chapters 25-30?
3. What conflicts lead to the climax of the narrative plot in Adolescence: Chapters 55-60?
4. How does Elena respond to the engagement of Lila? Why?
5. Why does Elena pursue Alfornso and Antonio in Adolescence: Chapters 43-48?
6. What do the actions of the Solara brothers reveal about their characters during the fireworks competition at the New Year's Eve party?
7. What is foreseen of Lila's marriage as the plans the wedding preparations in Adolescence: Chapters 49-54?
8. What occurs in Adolescence: Chapter 53 that gives Elena a feeling of purpose?
9. How has the relationship between Elena and Lila evolved in Adolescence: Chapters 49-54?
10. What causes Elena depression and dissatisfaction in Adolescence: Chapters 25-30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Lila not allowed to pursue her education after elementary school? How does this impact her? How does it affect Lila's relationship with Elena?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Carmela Peluso. When does Carmela become friends with Lila and Elena? How would you characterize her personality and actions? How does Carmela's friendship affect the friendship between Lila and Elena?
Essay Topic 3
How do the relationships across the neighborhood change after the Solara brothers assist Pasquale and Rino in a fight in the city? What effect does this event have on the feuding families of Elana's neighborhood? How does it influence Lila and Elena's perspectives of the Solaras?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)