|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stefano say to Lila about his car in Adolescence: Chapter 36?
(a) He says that he is selling it.
(b) He says that he hates it.
(c) He says that he is giving it to her father.
(d) He says that he bought it for her.
2. What has Elena been given at the end of the school year in Adolescence: Chapter 27?
(a) A failing grade.
(b) A scholarship.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) An apprenticeship.
3. Who invites Elena and Lila to his house in Adolescence: Chapter 20?
(a) Don Achille Carracci.
(b) Marcello Solara.
(c) Stefano Carracci.
(d) Fernando Cerullo.
4. What does Lila do when Marcello comes to visit Rino in Adolescence: Chapter 27?
(a) She hides.
(b) She calls her father.
(c) She gives him a gift.
(d) She kisses him.
5. What word from Adolescence: Chapter 20 means acting or done without thought or care?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stefano buy from Fernando in Adolescence: Chapter 37?
2. Who takes Lila, Elena, and Carmela away from the fight at the piazza in Adolescence: Chapter 26?
3. How does Elena travel to her summer destination in Adolescence: Chapter 29?
4. What does Lila experience during the fight in the end of Adolescence: Chapter 22?
5. What word from Adolescence: Chapter 24 means lacking sympathy or compassion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the New Year's Eve party that is referenced throughout the narrative?
2. What do Lila and Elena conclude regarding Stefano Carracci in Adolescence: Chapter 21?
3. How does Elena respond to the engagement of Lila? Why?
4. Why does Stefano win Lila's hand instead of Marcello?
5. How has the relationship between Elena and Lila evolved in Adolescence: Chapters 49-54?
6. How is Lila's character impacted by the conflicts with her family regarding Marcello in Adolescence: Chapters 25-30?
7. Who are Elena's romantic suitors after school begins in Adolescence: Chapter 41?
8. How does Elena describe her rivalry with Lila in Adolescence: Chapter 43?
9. What causes Elena depression and dissatisfaction in Adolescence: Chapters 25-30?
10. What irony can be seen in the dependence of the shoe store's success on the Solaras?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)