|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Lila, Elena, and Carmela away from the fight at the piazza in Adolescence: Chapter 26?
(a) Nunzia Cerullo.
(b) The Solaris brothers.
(c) Fernando Cerullo.
(d) Don Achille Carracci.
2. What word from Adolescence: Chapter 35 refers to agreeability or a likable nature in a person?
3. Whom does Elena ask to go to Lila's wedding with her in Adolescence: Chapter 55?
4. What does Stefano intend to do with the drawings of Lila's that he buys in Adolescence: Chapter 38?
(a) Give them to his daughter.
(b) Give them to his mother.
(c) Frame them.
(d) Sell them to a designer.
5. On what floor is the apartment where Lila and Elena are going in Adolescence: Chapter 21?
(a) The 3rd floor.
(b) The 12th floor.
(c) The 5th floor.
(d) The 20th floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Elena and Lila to his house in Adolescence: Chapter 20?
2. At what time of day does Elena depart the summer home to return to her family in Adolescence: Chapter 35?
3. What do Elena and Lila boil down Lila's goals to in Adolescence: Chapter 38?
4. What internal conflict does Lila express to Elena in her letter in Adolescence: Chapter 34?
5. Whom does Lila ask Elena to visit with her in order to invite them to her wedding in Adolescence: Chapter 56?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elena pursue Alfornso and Antonio in Adolescence: Chapters 43-48?
2. How would you describe the relationships in the Saratorre family, as seen in Adolescence: Chapters 31 and 32?
3. Who are Elena's romantic suitors after school begins in Adolescence: Chapter 41?
4. What revelations does Elena experience during the wedding and ride to the reception in Adolescence: Chapters 58 and 59?
5. What do the actions of the Solara brothers reveal about their characters during the fireworks competition at the New Year's Eve party?
6. What propels Elena across the room to Nino at the reception in Adolescence: Chapter 60?
7. How does Lila and Rino's father respond to the shoes they have designed? What is significant about his reaction?
8. What is significant about Lila's action of having Elena's glasses repaired by Stefano in the novel?
9. Why does Stefano win Lila's hand instead of Marcello?
10. How is Lila's character impacted by the conflicts with her family regarding Marcello in Adolescence: Chapters 25-30?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)