|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from the narrative means intended to placate or pacify?
2. What does Stefano say to Lila about his car in Adolescence: Chapter 36?
(a) He says that he is giving it to her father.
(b) He says that he hates it.
(c) He says that he bought it for her.
(d) He says that he is selling it.
3. Why does Marcello not want to buy the shoes Lila and Rino created in Adolescence: Chapter 28?
(a) He does not like them.
(b) They are too tight.
(c) They are blue.
(d) They are too large.
4. What happens to Elena's glasses in Adolescence: Chapter 42?
(a) They are stolen by Marisa.
(b) They get trampled at school.
(c) She loses them at school.
(d) They are thrown in the trash.
5. What happens when Elena argues with teacher in Adolescence: Chapter 53?
(a) She is suspended from school.
(b) She is expelled from school.
(c) She is given a scholarship.
(d) She receives a demerit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the narrative refers to the beginning of something's existence?
2. Whom does Elena want to connect with and talk to at the wedding in Adolescence: Chapter 60?
3. How does Nino respond when he reads what Elena has written in Adolescence: Chapter 54?
4. Who sexually assaults Elena in Adolescence: Chapter 35?
5. Where are Lila, Elena, and Carmela when a fight breaks out in Adolescence: Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Lila's action of having Elena's glasses repaired by Stefano in the novel?
2. What is revealed to the reader through Donato's sexual assault of Elena?
3. What propels Elena across the room to Nino at the reception in Adolescence: Chapter 60?
4. What is significant about Elena's trip to Ishia for the summer in Adolescence: Chapter 30?
5. What occurrences take place in Ishia that Elena never reveals to Lila?
6. What is significant about the New Year's Eve party that is referenced throughout the narrative?
7. Why does Stefano win Lila's hand instead of Marcello?
8. What occurs in Adolescence: Chapter 53 that gives Elena a feeling of purpose?
9. How does Elena describe her rivalry with Lila in Adolescence: Chapter 43?
10. Why does Elena pursue Alfornso and Antonio in Adolescence: Chapters 43-48?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)