|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car do the Solara brothers drive?
(a) A red convertable Corvette.
(b) A blue Nissan Sentra.
(c) A black Rolls Royce.
(d) A blue Fiat 1100.
2. At whose house are Lila and Elena at during their conversation in the beginning of Adolescence: Chapter 1?
(a) Stefano Carracci's house.
(b) Elisa Greco's house.
(c) Maestra Oliviero's house.
(d) Nino Sarratore's house.
3. What bar is described in Childhood: Chapter 18 that houses drunken riots and gambling?
(a) The Bar Greco.
(b) The Bar Sarratore.
(c) The Bar Cerullo.
(d) The Bar Solara.
4. What does Lila ask Elena to do with the book she has written in Childhood: Chapter 15?
(a) She asks her to give it to her mother.
(b) She asks her to give it to her teacher.
(c) She asks her to send it to a publisher.
(d) She asks her to give it to her brother.
5. The Prologue of My Brilliant Friend takes place how many years after the beginning of Elena's narrative?
(a) 10 years later.
(b) 30 years later.
(c) 60 years later.
(d) 5 years later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Elena and Lila going into Don Achille's apartment building in Childhood: Chapter 10?
2. Who is Lila and Elena's teacher when they first meet?
3. What subject does Lila offer to study with Elena in Adolescence: Chapter 6?
4. What is Donato Sarratore's profession?
5. What is the strange phenomena that Lila describes in the beginning of Adolescence: Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discovered of Lila's belongings and mementos in Chapters 2 and 3?
2. What new characters are introduced in Adolescence: Chapters 7 and 8? How are they described?
3. What is discovered when Lila's mother is called to school in Childhood: Chapter 6? Why is this significant?
4. How would you describe Elena's behavior toward Rino in the phone calls in the Prologue and Chapters 1-3?
5. What romantic gestures are seen in Lila and Elena's narratives in Childhood: Chapter 11?
6. What is foreshadowed by the attentions paid to Lila during the outing in the city in Adolescence: Chapter 16?
7. What leads to the family feuds and violence that erupts in Childhood: Chapters 8 and 9?
8. How would you describe Elena's relationship with her parents in the novel?
9. What is significant about Lila's inability to continue in school past elementary school in the narrative?
10. What role does Don Achille play in the plot of My Brilliant Friend?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)