|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the book that Lila writes in Childhood: Chapter 15?
(a) The White Lion.
(b) The Summer Day.
(c) The Blue Fairy.
(d) The Winter's Solace.
2. How much older is Nino Sarratore than Lila and Elena?
(a) 3 years older.
(b) 1 year older.
(c) 2 years older.
(d) 5 years older.
3. Who drives the grocery cart for the new grocery store in Adolescence: Chapter 7?
4. What object does Lila say she wished she owned in Adolescence: Chapter 14?
(a) A gramophone.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A television.
(d) A blue dress.
5. How has Lila been injured in the beginning of Adolescence: Chapter 2?
(a) Her leg is broken.
(b) Her arm is broken.
(c) Her hip is broken.
(d) Her hand is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday are Lila and Elena celebrating during their conversation in the beginning of Adolescence: Chapter 1?
2. What kind of car do the Solara brothers drive?
3. Where is Elena from?
4. Who offers Elena a ride home from school in Adolescence: Chapter 8?
5. With whom does Lila suggest she and Elena go dancing with in Adolescence: Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe the development of Lila and Elena's relationship in Adolescence: Chapters 7-12?
2. How does Elena's first menstruation influence her relationship with Lila?
3. What is foreshadowed by Lila's newfound obsession with shoemaking in Adolescence: Chapters 4-6?
4. What is foreshadowed by the encounter between Lila, Elena, and the Solara brothers in Adolescence: Chapter 13?
5. What questions does Donato Sarratore's book of poetry elicit after its publication?
6. What exposition does the author reveal in the Prologue and Chapters 1-3?
7. What role does Don Achille play in the plot of My Brilliant Friend?
8. How is the theme of envy illustrated in Childhood: Chapter 7?
9. What is significant about Lila's inability to continue in school past elementary school in the narrative?
10. How does Lila's character perceive wealth in the narrative?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)