|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lila challenge Stefano to do in Adolescence: Chapter 36?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To kiss her.
(c) To ask Elena to marry him.
(d) To buy she shoes she and Rino made.
2. What holiday is being celebrated at the party in Adolescence: Chapter 20?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Christmas Eve.
3. Whom does Elena ask to go to Lila's wedding with her in Adolescence: Chapter 55?
4. What is Antonio's profession?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a railroad worker.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a librarian.
5. What internal conflict does Lila express to Elena in her letter in Adolescence: Chapter 34?
(a) She wants to marry Pasquale.
(b) She does not want to marry Stefano.
(c) She does not want to marry Marcello.
(d) She wants to go to America.
6. Where does Elena go to spend the summer with her teacher's relative in Adolescence: Chapter 27?
7. Whom does Elena see that causes her feelings of horror in Adolescence: Chapter 41?
(a) Rino Cerullo.
(b) Alfonso Carracci.
(c) Stefano Carracci.
(d) Donato Saratorre.
8. What word from Adolescence: Chapter 24 means lacking sympathy or compassion?
9. What word from the narrative means experienced in the imagination through the feelings or actions of another person?
10. What rumors are spread about Lila in Adolescence: Chapter 46?
(a) That she has been sexually involved with both Marcello and Stefano.
(b) That she has stolen money.
(c) That she has been secretly eloped to Marcello.
(d) That she has been unfaithful to Stefano and lied to her family.
11. Who is particularly critical of Stefano and of his match with Lila in Adolescence: Chapter 45?
12. At what time of day does Elena depart the summer home to return to her family in Adolescence: Chapter 35?
(a) At noon.
(b) At dusk.
(c) In the evening.
(d) At dawn.
13. What does Rino's father agree to do with the shoes Rino and Lila created in Adolescence: Chapter 28?
(a) He agrees to send them to an English designer.
(b) He agrees to take them to France.
(c) He agrees to give them to Marcello.
(d) He agrees to display them in the shop window.
14. How do Stefano's sister and mother feel about Lila in Adolescence: Chapter 44?
(a) They do not like her.
(b) They are very close to her.
(c) They look up to her.
(d) They adore her.
15. What does Lila make Elena promise in Adolescence: Chapter 57?
(a) That she will leave Antonio.
(b) That she will continue in school.
(c) That she will leave Nino.
(d) That she will get married one day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Elena run into in the hallway after her argument with a teacher in Adolescence: Chapter 53?
2. Lila makes Stefano promise that who will not be at their wedding in Adolescence: Chapter 56?
3. What is Elena asked to write in Adolescence: Chapter 53?
4. Whom does Lila ask Elena to visit with her in order to invite them to her wedding in Adolescence: Chapter 56?
5. On what floor is the apartment where Lila and Elena are going in Adolescence: Chapter 21?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)