|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Lila pull out to threaten her attackers with in Adolescence: Chapter 13?
(a) A wrench.
(b) A knife.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A gun.
2. Who is Lila and Elena's teacher when they first meet?
(a) Alfonso Carracci.
(b) Rino Cerullo.
(c) Carmela Paluso.
(d) Maestra Oliviero.
3. How does Lila initially respond to Enzo's gift in Childhood: Chapter 12?
(a) She takes the gift happily.
(b) She refuses it.
(c) She asks her mother if she can accept the gift.
(d) She slaps him.
4. What is the name of Lila's son who has called Elena in the Prologue?
5. What holiday are Lila and Elena celebrating during their conversation in the beginning of Adolescence: Chapter 1?
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) Christimas Eve.
6. What is the name of Lila's older brother?
(a) Don Achille Carracci.
(b) Stefano Carracci.
(c) Rino Cerullo.
(d) Fernando Cerullo.
7. How much older is Nino Sarratore than Lila and Elena?
(a) 2 years older.
(b) 1 year older.
(c) 5 years older.
(d) 3 years older.
8. What year does the narrative begin in Childhood: Chapter 1?
9. Who is Don Achille's oldest son?
(a) Alfonso Carracci.
(b) Fernando Cerullo.
(c) Stefano Carracci.
(d) Rino Cerullo.
10. Who wrote the novel Little Women?
(a) Emily Bronte.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Louisia May Alcott.
(d) Charlotte Bronte.
11. What kind of apprenticeship does Elena describe Donato Sarratore finding for Melina Cappuccio's son in Childhood: Chapter 5?
(a) An apprentice as a newspaper editor.
(b) An apprenticeship as a rail worker.
(c) An apprentice as a teacher.
(d) An apprentice as a baker.
12. What item of jewelry belonging to Elena is damaged in Adolescence: Chapter 13?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A brooch.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A ring.
13. How old are Lila and Elena when they first meet?
14. What grade are Lila and Elena in when they are pitted against the two smartest boys in fourth grade in the school competition in Childhood: Chapter 8?
(a) 4th grade.
(b) 5th grade.
(c) 2nd grade.
(d) 3rd grade.
15. What subject does Lila offer to study with Elena in Adolescence: Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatens Lila after the school competition in Childhood: Chapter 9?
2. What is the name of Elena's youngest sibling?
3. At what age did Lila teach herself to read and write?
4. What kind of car do the Solara brothers drive?
5. Who runs the grocery that has been made in the old carpenter shop in Adolescence: Chapter 7?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)