|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade are Lila and Elena in when they are pitted against the two smartest boys in fourth grade in the school competition in Childhood: Chapter 8?
(a) 4th grade.
(b) 3rd grade.
(c) 2nd grade.
(d) 5th grade.
2. What is Lila's full name?
(a) Marilla Cerullo.
(b) Raffaella Cerullo.
(c) Nunzia Cerullo.
(d) Lidia Cerullo.
3. Who is the son of Don Achille that is in the school competition in Childhood: Chapter 8?
(a) Rino Cerullo.
(b) Alfonso Carracci.
(c) Stefano Carracci.
(d) Fernando Cerullo.
4. What is the name of Elena's youngest sibling?
(a) Raffaella Cerullo.
(b) Elisa Greco.
(c) Maestra Oliviero.
(d) Nunzia Cerullo.
5. What has Lila become obsessed with in Adolescence: Chapter 4?
(a) Writing poetry.
6. How is Melina Cappuccio related to Lila?
(a) She is related to Lila's father.
(b) She is Lila's daughter
(c) .She is Lila's mother.
(d) She is related to Lila's mother.
7. What is Enzo's father's profession?
(a) He ia a grocery cart attendant.
(b) He is a railroad worker.
(c) He is a taxi driver.
(d) He is a potato farmer.
8. Who repeatedly asks that Lila be sent to school in Childhood: Chapter 15?
9. What does Lila ask Elena to do with the book she has written in Childhood: Chapter 15?
(a) She asks her to give it to her brother.
(b) She asks her to give it to her teacher.
(c) She asks her to give it to her mother.
(d) She asks her to send it to a publisher.
10. What is the name of Lila's son who has called Elena in the Prologue?
11. What year does the narrative begin in Childhood: Chapter 1?
12. Who offers Elena a ride home from school in Adolescence: Chapter 8?
(a) Fernando Cerullo.
(b) The Solara brothers.
(c) Don Achille Carracci.
(d) Maestra Oliviero.
13. At whose house are Lila and Elena at during their conversation in the beginning of Adolescence: Chapter 1?
(a) Maestra Oliviero's house.
(b) Stefano Carracci's house.
(c) Nino Sarratore's house.
(d) Elisa Greco's house.
14. What is Lila's age in the contemporary timeline in Chapter 3?
15. Where is Elena from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the neighborhood don that heads the neighborhood where Lila and Elena grow up?
2. At what age did Lila teach herself to read and write?
3. Who does Elena see in the end of Adolescence: Chapter 18, causing her affections for him to become reignited?
4. The Prologue of My Brilliant Friend takes place how many years after the beginning of Elena's narrative?
5. When was Little Women published?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)