|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 34, Reymundo still played basketball with __________________.
2. Reymundo and Loco killed all the members of which gang in Chapter 35?
3. Which gang member went to prison for the killing and maiming of the Imperial Gangsters members shot by Reymundo?
4. At sixteen, Reymundo was offered the position of the ___________________ for the second time.
5. What did Loca insist that Reymundo do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of the search for acceptance. Identify at least two themes about acceptance in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Reymundo. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about the narrator?
Essay Topic 3
Sanchez is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, and then briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)