|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the Puerto Rican gangs at war with in Chapter 29?
2. Why did the girl in #91 change her mind about having sex with Reymundo?
3. How did Reymundo make the girl in #91 have sex with him?
4. Reymundo took orders only from the highest leaders, most of whom were _____________________.
5. When Reymundo was promoted to Junior King in the Latin Kings, he sold marijuana and committed burglaries with whom?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of demographics in the makeup of gangs. What was the racial demographic? What was the age demographic? Why were youths in poverty-level households more susceptible to gang influence?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Sanchez is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, and then briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)