|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Reymundo agree to an affair with a homosexual man named Freddy?
2. Reymundo took orders only from the highest leaders, most of whom were _____________________.
3. The gang member of which gang was run over by a van?
4. What did Loco give to Reymundo for Reymundo to sell?
5. Suburban kids wanted the glamor of gangbanging but were unwilling to ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reymundo threaten Blanca into having sex with him?
2. Why did Jenny not want to have sex with Reymundo, and who did he have sex with instead?
3. What was life like now for Reymundo since the Puerto Rican gangs were at war with each other?
4. What did Reymundo do when Morena was killed in a drive-by shooting?
5. What were Reymundo's life and status in the gang when he started to hang out with the Kings' leaders?
6. What did Reymundo learn about Spanky when Reymundo was in the Cook County Jail, and what kind of time was Reymundo looking at for his crimes?
7. How did the Kings' leadership deal with Lucky who began to violate gang rules and confront gang leadership?
8. What happened at Reymundo's gang initiation and what was his Latin King name now?
9. How did Loco show that he had a lot of faith in Reymundo who was such a new gang member?
10. Why did King Dino have to go to jail for the crime that Reymundo committed in retaliation for Morena's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title--"My Bloody Life". Why did Sanchez choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Is there another title you can suggest that might be more appropriate?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the impact of gang life in the 1970s and 1980s. Compare and contrast the gang lifestyle in America during this time to America today. What major changes have occurred--both positive and negative?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Sanchez's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why Sanchez used them where he did.
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)