|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the boy in #124 die?
2. What was Reymundo's gang name at this time?
3. Reymundo and Loco killed all the members of which gang in Chapter 35?
4. What would happen to the girl in #91 if she refused to have sex with Reymundo?
5. Reymundo sustained a wound in his arm which took __________________ to heal.
Short Essay Questions
1. What impact did Juni have on Reymundo's life and what eventually happened to Juni?
2. Why did Reymundo no longer want to join a gang, and why did he go through with it anyway?
3. Why did the Kings decide to get revenge on a coalition of other gangs for Morena's death instead of the Imperials who actually killed her?
4. What was the incredible bit of luck Reymundo had when viciously confronted by a Latin Lovers gang member?
5. Why did Maria kick Reymundo out of her apartment and where did he live after that?
6. How did the Kings' leadership deal with Lucky who began to violate gang rules and confront gang leadership?
7. What role did Loca take on in Reymundo's life?
8. What logic did Cindy try to use on Reymundo about getting out of the gang lifestyle?
9. How does Reymundo threaten Blanca into having sex with him?
10. What was life like now for Reymundo since the Puerto Rican gangs were at war with each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for the lives of the narrator and three other characters. Be sure to incorporate personal, political and cultural impacts on the characters' lives.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the book. Identify at least two themes in the book, then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of the search for acceptance. Identify at least two themes about acceptance in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)