Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Maria kick Reymundo out of her apartment in Chapter 33?
2. Who attacked Rosie outside Clemente High School in Chapter 33?
3. On what day of the week was Reymundo's initiation held?
4. Why did the Latin Lovers gang member not shoot Reymundo?
5. Which girl pretended to be in love with Reymundo in Chapter 31?
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for the lives of the narrator and three other characters. Be sure to incorporate personal, political and cultural impacts on the characters' lives.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the book. Identify at least two themes in the book, then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the major settings for the novel. Why does Sanchez use the settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)