|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reymundo realized that the Kings' real purpose was to ____________________.
2. Who were the Puerto Rican gangs at war with in Chapter 29?
3. Why did the Latin Lovers gang member not shoot Reymundo?
4. On what day of the week was Reymundo's initiation held?
5. Which one of Reymundo's friends let Reymundo escape from an attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of women in America in the 1970s and 1980s. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have? What belief system about women was evident in how the women in gangs behaved and how they were treated? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Sanchez's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why Sanchez used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one theme in the book. Identify at least two themes in the book, then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)