|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reymundo began to have nightmares about ________________________.
2. Which one of Reymundo's friends let Reymundo escape from an attack?
3. Which girl told Reymundo she was pregnant?
4. How many times did Reymundo rape the girl in #91?
5. Reymundo was ordered to make a hit on a new rival gang called _________________ in Chapter 32.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was life like now for Reymundo since the Puerto Rican gangs were at war with each other?
2. How does Reymundo threaten Blanca into having sex with him?
3. Why did Jenny not want to have sex with Reymundo, and who did he have sex with instead?
4. Why did Reymundo brutally shoot and wound Agila and how did Loca get Reymundo's life spared for the incident?
5. Who offered to help Reymundo get out of gang life?
6. What did Reymundo do when Morena was killed in a drive-by shooting?
7. What was the incredible bit of luck Reymundo had when viciously confronted by a Latin Lovers gang member?
8. What role did Loca take on in Reymundo's life?
9. Why did the Kings decide to get revenge on a coalition of other gangs for Morena's death instead of the Imperials who actually killed her?
10. What did Reymundo and Loca do as an act of revenge for Juni's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of the search for acceptance. Identify at least two themes about acceptance in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for the lives of the narrator and three other characters. Be sure to incorporate personal, political and cultural impacts on the characters' lives.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the irony of the gangs fighting violence with violence. Why was violence perpetuated in these circumstances? What would have been better solutions for addressing violence?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)