|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Latin Disciples had the leaders of which gang arrested?
2. Why did the girl in #91 change her mind about having sex with Reymundo?
3. What did Loco give to Reymundo for Reymundo to sell?
4. Why was Loca mad that Reymundo pulled a gun and escaped from the big Kings meeting?
5. Which girl told Reymundo she was pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Loca take on in Reymundo's life?
2. Why did King Dino have to go to jail for the crime that Reymundo committed in retaliation for Morena's death?
3. Why did Maria kick Reymundo out of her apartment and where did he live after that?
4. Why did the white, middle-class kids in the suburbs not make it in gangs?
5. What was the incredible bit of luck Reymundo had when viciously confronted by a Latin Lovers gang member?
6. Who offered to help Reymundo get out of gang life?
7. How did the Kings' leadership deal with Lucky who began to violate gang rules and confront gang leadership?
8. Why did Reymundo brutally shoot and wound Agila and how did Loca get Reymundo's life spared for the incident?
9. How did Speedy and Julio treat Reymundo differently during the Kings' war on the coalition?
10. What impact did Juni have on Reymundo's life and what eventually happened to Juni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of women in America in the 1970s and 1980s. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have? What belief system about women was evident in how the women in gangs behaved and how they were treated? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
"My Bloody Life" is a coming of age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Violence takes on an almost human persona in this book. What was the source of the violence? How pervasive was the violence among the gangs? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)