|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Lucky killed by a member of his own gang?
2. Reymundo began to have nightmares about ________________________.
3. What did Reymundo's initiation consist of?
4. Which of the following gangs did NOT belong to a coalition of gangs the Kings decided to take revenge on for Morena's death?
5. What was Reymundo's status in the Latin Kings in Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was meant by "violating out"?
2. How did the Kings' leadership deal with Lucky who began to violate gang rules and confront gang leadership?
3. What were Reymundo's life and status in the gang when he started to hang out with the Kings' leaders?
4. What logic did Cindy try to use on Reymundo about getting out of the gang lifestyle?
5. How did Speedy and Julio treat Reymundo differently during the Kings' war on the coalition?
6. What did Reymundo do when Morena was killed in a drive-by shooting?
7. What did Reymundo learn about Spanky when Reymundo was in the Cook County Jail, and what kind of time was Reymundo looking at for his crimes?
8. Why did the white, middle-class kids in the suburbs not make it in gangs?
9. Why did Reymundo brutally shoot and wound Agila and how did Loca get Reymundo's life spared for the incident?
10. How does Reymundo threaten Blanca into having sex with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title--"My Bloody Life". Why did Sanchez choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Is there another title you can suggest that might be more appropriate?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of the search for acceptance. Identify at least two themes about acceptance in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)