|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Reymundo begin to do again to earn money?
2. What was the only way to leave a gang?
3. What was the reason for Rosie's attack?
4. Who offered to help Reymundo get out of gang life in Chapter 46?
5. Which area did the Latin Disciples take over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Rosie pretend to be in love with Reymundo?
2. Why did Jenny not want to have sex with Reymundo, and who did he have sex with instead?
3. How did the Kings' leadership deal with Lucky who began to violate gang rules and confront gang leadership?
4. Why did the white, middle-class kids in the suburbs not make it in gangs?
5. How did Speedy and Julio treat Reymundo differently during the Kings' war on the coalition?
6. Why did the Kings decide to get revenge on a coalition of other gangs for Morena's death instead of the Imperials who actually killed her?
7. Why did Reymundo no longer want to join a gang, and why did he go through with it anyway?
8. Why were gang coalitions formed as a result of a shoot-out at the Wisconsin Dells one summer?
9. What was the incredible bit of luck Reymundo had when viciously confronted by a Latin Lovers gang member?
10. What were Reymundo's life and status in the gang when he started to hang out with the Kings' leaders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Maria. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Maria?
Essay Topic 2
"My Bloody Life" is a coming of age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of the search for acceptance. Identify at least two themes about acceptance in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)