|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Loca mad that Reymundo pulled a gun and escaped from the big Kings meeting?
2. How did Reymundo make the girl in #91 have sex with him?
3. How old was Reymundo in Chapter 42 when he learned how to drive a car?
4. Reymundo met a girl named Cindy in Chinatown whose nickname was ________________.
5. Which childhood friend did Reymundo run into in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reymundo threaten Blanca into having sex with him?
2. How did Loco show that he had a lot of faith in Reymundo who was such a new gang member?
3. What happened at Reymundo's gang initiation and what was his Latin King name now?
4. Why did the Kings decide to get revenge on a coalition of other gangs for Morena's death instead of the Imperials who actually killed her?
5. Why did King Dino have to go to jail for the crime that Reymundo committed in retaliation for Morena's death?
6. What was the incredible bit of luck Reymundo had when viciously confronted by a Latin Lovers gang member?
7. What was meant by "violating out"?
8. What did Reymundo and Loca do as an act of revenge for Juni's death?
9. Why did Maria kick Reymundo out of her apartment and where did he live after that?
10. How did Speedy and Julio treat Reymundo differently during the Kings' war on the coalition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of the search for acceptance. Identify at least two themes about acceptance in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of demographics in the makeup of gangs. What was the racial demographic? What was the age demographic? Why were youths in poverty-level households more susceptible to gang influence?
Essay Topic 3
Sanchez is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, and then briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)