|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Reymundo stay when he was released from prison on bail?
2. Why did Reymundo agree to an affair with a homosexual man named Freddy?
3. What was the reason for Rosie's attack?
4. Reymundo got his first battle wound when a bullet grazed his _________________.
5. Why did Maria kick Reymundo out of her apartment in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at Reymundo's gang initiation and what was his Latin King name now?
2. Why did Reymundo brutally shoot and wound Agila and how did Loca get Reymundo's life spared for the incident?
3. Why were gang coalitions formed as a result of a shoot-out at the Wisconsin Dells one summer?
4. What did Reymundo do when Morena was killed in a drive-by shooting?
5. Why did Jenny not want to have sex with Reymundo, and who did he have sex with instead?
6. Why did King Dino have to go to jail for the crime that Reymundo committed in retaliation for Morena's death?
7. Who offered to help Reymundo get out of gang life?
8. What was the incredible bit of luck Reymundo had when viciously confronted by a Latin Lovers gang member?
9. Why did Rosie pretend to be in love with Reymundo?
10. Why did the Kings decide to get revenge on a coalition of other gangs for Morena's death instead of the Imperials who actually killed her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Sanchez's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why Sanchez used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Reymundo's mother. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Reymundo's mother?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)