Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Maria kick Reymundo out of her apartment in Chapter 33?
2. Who attacked Rosie outside Clemente High School in Chapter 33?
3. On what day of the week was Reymundo's initiation held?
4. Why did the Latin Lovers gang member not shoot Reymundo?
5. Which girl pretended to be in love with Reymundo in Chapter 31?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the book. Identify at least two themes in the book, then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the impact of gang life in the 1970s and 1980s. Compare and contrast the gang lifestyle in America during this time to America today. What major changes have occurred--both positive and negative?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Sanchez's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why Sanchez used them where he did.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)