|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday did the Kings and Cobras get into a shoot-out resulting in the death of several innocent bystanders?
2. Why did Reymundo agree to an affair with a homosexual man named Freddy?
3. When Reymundo was promoted to Junior King in the Latin Kings, he sold marijuana and committed burglaries with whom?
4. Why did the girl in #91 change her mind about having sex with Reymundo?
5. What did Reymundo's initiation consist of?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the impact of gang life in the 1970s and 1980s. Compare and contrast the gang lifestyle in America during this time to America today. What major changes have occurred--both positive and negative?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the irony of the gangs fighting violence with violence. Why was violence perpetuated in these circumstances? What would have been better solutions for addressing violence?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)