|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug had Lucky started to use which was a violation of gang rules?
2. What was Loca's job in Chapter 48?
3. The gang member of which gang was run over by a van?
4. What did Cindy try to convince Reymundo to do?
5. Which of the following gangs did NOT belong to a coalition of gangs the Kings decided to take revenge on for Morena's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impact did Juni have on Reymundo's life and what eventually happened to Juni?
2. How does Reymundo threaten Blanca into having sex with him?
3. What was the incredible bit of luck Reymundo had when viciously confronted by a Latin Lovers gang member?
4. What happened at Reymundo's gang initiation and what was his Latin King name now?
5. Why did the white, middle-class kids in the suburbs not make it in gangs?
6. Why did Maria kick Reymundo out of her apartment and where did he live after that?
7. What did Reymundo and Loca do as an act of revenge for Juni's death?
8. How did Loco show that he had a lot of faith in Reymundo who was such a new gang member?
9. What logic did Cindy try to use on Reymundo about getting out of the gang lifestyle?
10. Why did Reymundo brutally shoot and wound Agila and how did Loca get Reymundo's life spared for the incident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for the lives of the narrator and three other characters. Be sure to incorporate personal, political and cultural impacts on the characters' lives.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the irony of the gangs fighting violence with violence. Why was violence perpetuated in these circumstances? What would have been better solutions for addressing violence?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Reymundo's mother. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Reymundo's mother?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)