|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reymundo's father died before Reymundo turned what age?
2. Reymundo and Papo hung out in the clubhouse of which gang?
3. Which gang nearly wiped out the gang in #20 on one night?
4. What bad news did Reymundo get the day after he was beaten quite severely?
5. Why was Reymundo called a coward in the Chi-West shooting episode?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sleeping arrangements did Reymundo and China have at Maria's?
2. What happened to Rosie for trying to set up Reymundo for a hit?
3. Why were gang coalitions formed as a result of a shoot-out at the Wisconsin Dells one summer?
4. What was the last act of violence that Reymundo witnessed after he had said goodbye to Loca and Spanky?
5. What logic did Cindy try to use on Reymundo about getting out of the gang lifestyle?
6. How does Reymundo threaten Blanca into having sex with him?
7. Why did King Dino have to go to jail for the crime that Reymundo committed in retaliation for Morena's death?
8. What did Reymundo have to do in Imperial Gangsters territory as part of his initiation into the Latin Kings?
9. What did both Maria and Hector do to help Reymundo go to school and live a relatively normal life?
10. What is the premise of "My Bloody Life"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"My Bloody Life" is a coming of age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for the lives of the narrator and three other characters. Be sure to incorporate personal, political and cultural impacts on the characters' lives.
Essay Topic 3
Sanchez is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, and then briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 1,641 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)