|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Reymundo's mother take up with after her second husband left her?
2. Who became Reymundo's friend when Reymundo transferred to Tuley School?
3. How old was Reymundo when he had sex with the woman in #27?
4. Which of the following was NOT something that fascinated Reymundo about his new city?
5. What did those Kings and Queens who had not been arrested spend the rest of the night doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impact did Juni have on Reymundo's life and what eventually happened to Juni?
2. Why did the Kings decide to get revenge on a coalition of other gangs for Morena's death instead of the Imperials who actually killed her?
3. What did both Maria and Hector do to help Reymundo go to school and live a relatively normal life?
4. Where did Reymundo meet China, a girl he really liked?
5. What was the last act of violence that Reymundo witnessed after he had said goodbye to Loca and Spanky?
6. What did Reymundo and Loca do as an act of revenge for Juni's death?
7. Why did Jenny not want to have sex with Reymundo, and who did he have sex with instead?
8. What was the process for Reymundo to get out of the Latin Kings gang?
9. Why were gang coalitions formed as a result of a shoot-out at the Wisconsin Dells one summer?
10. Why did Reymundo no longer want to join a gang, and why did he go through with it anyway?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title--"My Bloody Life". Why did Sanchez choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Is there another title you can suggest that might be more appropriate?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the major settings for the novel. Why does Sanchez use the settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Reymundo's mother. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Reymundo's mother?
This section contains 1,615 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)