|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the girl in #79 treat Reymundo?
2. In Chapter 16, Reymundo still wanted to enroll in ___________________.
3. Who was Reymundo's mother's second husband?
4. The Cobras held Reymundo while they brutally beat ________________.
5. Why was Jenny so excited for Reymundo in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Reymundo have to do in Imperial Gangsters territory as part of his initiation into the Latin Kings?
2. Why did Speedy's own gang members beat him brutally for what Speedy did to Reymundo during a fight?
3. What impact did Pedro's beatings of Reymundo have on Reymundo's life?
4. What options was Reymundo given regarding getting the sweater back or killing a gang member and what was the potential consequence?
5. Where did Reymundo meet China, a girl he really liked?
6. Who were Reymundo's friends at his new school and what were some of the things they did together?
7. What sleeping arrangements did Reymundo and China have at Maria's?
8. Why was Reymundo exempt from the usual act of violence to join a group when he decided on the Latin Kings?
9. How did Reymundo rationalize his first killing spree and what gang accepted him after that?
10. What is the premise of "My Bloody Life"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of struggling with personal identity is an important one in this novel. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title--"My Bloody Life". Why did Sanchez choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Is there another title you can suggest that might be more appropriate?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Sanchez's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why Sanchez used them where he did.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)