|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hector buy for the apartment so Reymundo would have a place to stay?
2. Why did Reymundo not have sex with the girl in #30 even though she agreed to it?
3. Who was the head of the Armitage Kings?
4. Which of the following was NOT to go with Reymundo when he did the activity in #45?
5. Why did Crazy One threaten to kill Reymundo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did China share with Reymundo regarding her difficult home life?
2. Where did Reymundo's family move to in America and what did Reymundo especially like about it?
3. Who was Rosie and why was Reymundo happy when China moved out of Maria's house?
4. Describe the incident in which Reymundo was kicked out of the Spanish Lords clubhouse because a Chi-West member stole Crazy's gang sweater.
5. Why did Speedy's own gang members beat him brutally for what Speedy did to Reymundo during a fight?
6. What sleeping arrangements did Reymundo and China have at Maria's?
7. Describe the time when Reymundo was pulled into a murder with Jenny's brother, Lil Man, who wanted to teach the Gaylords gang a lesson after they beat an old couple simply for being Puerto Rican. What did Reymundo learn from this experience?
8. Why was Reymundo exempt from the usual act of violence to join a group when he decided on the Latin Kings?
9. Why was the gang lifestyle so attractive to Reymundo?
10. Who were Reymundo's friends at his new school and what were some of the things they did together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"My Bloody Life" is a coming of age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Maria. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Maria?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of women in America in the 1970s and 1980s. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have? What belief system about women was evident in how the women in gangs behaved and how they were treated? Explain.
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)