|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Crazy One threaten to kill Reymundo?
2. Who did Jenny have sex with out of revenge when she learned that Reymundo was seeing China?
3. In Chapter 16, Reymundo still wanted to enroll in ___________________.
4. For how long was Reymundo to be kicked out of the clubhouse, homeless and friendless?
5. Why did the Latin Kings accept Reymundo into their gang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Reymundo's life like when he lived with Hector?
2. Who were Reymundo's friends at his new school and what were some of the things they did together?
3. What did Reymundo learn that changed his mind about the Spanish Lords after his encounter with Snake?
4. Why did Flaco's Insane Spanish Cobras beat Papo and not Reymundo?
5. What did both Maria and Hector do to help Reymundo go to school and live a relatively normal life?
6. What did China share with Reymundo regarding her difficult home life?
7. What was Reymundo's introduction to sex like and who was his partner?
8. Why did Speedy's own gang members beat him brutally for what Speedy did to Reymundo during a fight?
9. What was Reymundo's first experience with a gang war -- the one between the Spanish Cobras and the Spanish Lords?
10. Who was Rosie and why was Reymundo happy when China moved out of Maria's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for the lives of the narrator and three other characters. Be sure to incorporate personal, political and cultural impacts on the characters' lives.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the irony of the gangs fighting violence with violence. Why was violence perpetuated in these circumstances? What would have been better solutions for addressing violence?
Essay Topic 3
"My Bloody Life" is a coming of age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)