|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did so many policemen show up at the party at Montrose Harbor?
2. What did Hector buy for the apartment so Reymundo would have a place to stay?
3. Reymundo and the boy in #39 saw some members of which white gang walking down the street in Chapter 11?
4. What did Reymundo do when he moved back to the United States?
5. What did those Kings and Queens who had not been arrested spend the rest of the night doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What options was Reymundo given regarding getting the sweater back or killing a gang member and what was the potential consequence?
2. What role did Loca take on in Reymundo's life?
3. How did Speedy and Julio treat Reymundo differently during the Kings' war on the coalition?
4. How did Loco show that he had a lot of faith in Reymundo who was such a new gang member?
5. What happened to Rosie for trying to set up Reymundo for a hit?
6. What did both Maria and Hector do to help Reymundo go to school and live a relatively normal life?
7. Why was the gang lifestyle so attractive to Reymundo?
8. Describe Reymundo's violent life after the family moved back to Puerto Rico.
9. Who were Reymundo's friends at his new school and what were some of the things they did together?
10. Why did Speedy's own gang members beat him brutally for what Speedy did to Reymundo during a fight?
Essay Topic 1
"My Bloody Life" is a coming of age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the book. Identify at least two themes in the book, then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for the lives of the narrator and three other characters. Be sure to incorporate personal, political and cultural impacts on the characters' lives.
This section contains 1,655 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)