Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Spanish Lord gang member who Reymundo got into a fistfight with?
2. With what did Pedro threaten Reymundo all the time?
3. Which of the following was NOT something that fascinated Reymundo about his new city?
4. What was the nickname of the girl in #79?
5. What was so appealing about the gang to Reymundo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Rosie for trying to set up Reymundo for a hit?
2. How did Reymundo's life change after he was branded a coward?
3. What is the premise of "My Bloody Life"?
4. What did Reymundo learn about Spanky when Reymundo was in the Cook County Jail, and what kind of time was Reymundo looking at for his crimes?
5. What was Reymundo's life like when he lived with Hector?
6. Why was the gang lifestyle so attractive to Reymundo?
7. What impact did Pedro's beatings of Reymundo have on Reymundo's life?
8. Who was Rosie and why was Reymundo happy when China moved out of Maria's house?
9. Why did the Kings decide to get revenge on a coalition of other gangs for Morena's death instead of the Imperials who actually killed her?
10. Describe the time when Reymundo was pulled into a murder with Jenny's brother, Lil Man, who wanted to teach the Gaylords gang a lesson after they beat an old couple simply for being Puerto Rican. What did Reymundo learn from this experience?
Explain the cultural climate in America in the late 1970s and 1980s and why the time was right for gangs to become more prevalent in cities like Chicago. What were the trends in America at the time? Why was gang life the only option for so many young people in America's large cities?
Explain the role of demographics in the makeup of gangs. What was the racial demographic? What was the age demographic? Why were youths in poverty-level households more susceptible to gang influence?
Sanchez is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, and then briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)