|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which gang did Reymundo decide to never be a member of?
2. What bad news did Reymundo get the day after he was beaten quite severely?
3. What did the boy in #39 ask Reymundo to hold so he could fight the white gang members?
4. Who was the head of the Armitage Kings?
5. Which gang nearly wiped out the gang in #20 on one night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Reymundo's relationship with Morena and what did he think might destroy that relationship?
2. What impact did Pedro's beatings of Reymundo have on Reymundo's life?
3. Describe the altercation between the Latin Kings and Latin Queens and the police at Montrose Harbor.
4. Why did Flaco's Insane Spanish Cobras beat Papo and not Reymundo?
5. Why was Reymundo exempt from the usual act of violence to join a group when he decided on the Latin Kings?
6. What is the premise of "My Bloody Life"?
7. Describe the violent encounter between the Chi-Wests and Reymundo, Mouse and Morena. What advice did Morena later give Reymundo about being a leader?
8. Why was the gang lifestyle so attractive to Reymundo?
9. Where did Reymundo's family move to in America and what did Reymundo especially like about it?
10. What did Reymundo learn that changed his mind about the Spanish Lords after his encounter with Snake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Reymundo's mother. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Reymundo's mother?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the impact of gang life in the 1970s and 1980s. Compare and contrast the gang lifestyle in America during this time to America today. What major changes have occurred--both positive and negative?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)