|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Reymundo considered one of the "in" crowd at high school?
2. Who did Reymundo's mother take up with after her second husband left her?
3. In Chapter 16, Reymundo still wanted to enroll in ___________________.
4. What item of Pedro's did Reymundo sell to get booze and marijuana?
5. In which gang's territory did Reymundo get severely beaten?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Reymundo's family move to in America and what did Reymundo especially like about it?
2. Why did Speedy's own gang members beat him brutally for what Speedy did to Reymundo during a fight?
3. Why was Reymundo exempt from the usual act of violence to join a group when he decided on the Latin Kings?
4. Describe the incident where Pedro severely beats Reymundo who appeals to his mother -- who also beats him.
5. What was Reymundo's introduction to sex like and who was his partner?
6. What sleeping arrangements did Reymundo and China have at Maria's?
7. Who was Rosie and why was Reymundo happy when China moved out of Maria's house?
8. What was Reymundo's relationship with Morena and what did he think might destroy that relationship?
9. What was Reymundo's first experience with a gang war -- the one between the Spanish Cobras and the Spanish Lords?
10. Describe the altercation between the Latin Kings and Latin Queens and the police at Montrose Harbor.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title--"My Bloody Life". Why did Sanchez choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Is there another title you can suggest that might be more appropriate?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Reymundo. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about the narrator?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the irony of the gangs fighting violence with violence. Why was violence perpetuated in these circumstances? What would have been better solutions for addressing violence?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)