|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the first time, the gangs expanded to _______________________.
(a) girls who were at least twelve years old.
(b) kids under ten years old.
(c) white, middle-class kids in the suburbs.
(d) Asian kids living in the city.
2. Reymundo took orders only from the highest leaders, most of whom were _____________________.
(a) at least five years older than he.
(b) in the penitentiary.
(c) at the clubhouse.
(d) at a secret location.
3. Reymundo acted as lookout for _________________ who bought rifles and pistols from southern Illinois white guys.
4. Which girl pretended to be in love with Reymundo in Chapter 31?
5. In Chapter 29 a Spanish Cobras chief was gunned down while holding ________________ in his arms.
(a) a puppy.
(b) his baby.
(c) a stray cat.
(d) a basketball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the young woman who took over the role of Reymundo's big sister and mother figure in Chapter 39?
2. Why did the girl in #109 pretend to be in love with Reymundo?
3. Which gang member went to prison for the killing and maiming of the Imperial Gangsters members shot by Reymundo?
4. Suburban kids wanted the glamor of gangbanging but were unwilling to ______________________.
5. What did Loco give to Reymundo for Reymundo to sell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Maria kick Reymundo out of her apartment and where did he live after that?
2. Why were gang coalitions formed as a result of a shoot-out at the Wisconsin Dells one summer?
3. What did Reymundo learn about Spanky when Reymundo was in the Cook County Jail, and what kind of time was Reymundo looking at for his crimes?
4. What was life like now for Reymundo since the Puerto Rican gangs were at war with each other?
5. What happened at Reymundo's gang initiation and what was his Latin King name now?
6. What impact did Juni have on Reymundo's life and what eventually happened to Juni?
7. Why did the white, middle-class kids in the suburbs not make it in gangs?
8. What role did Loca take on in Reymundo's life?
9. What was meant by "violating out"?
10. Why did King Dino have to go to jail for the crime that Reymundo committed in retaliation for Morena's death?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)