|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maria agreed to pose as Reymundo's mother so he could ________________________.
(a) get a bank loan.
(b) enlist in the army.
(c) enroll in high school.
(d) have a medical procedure.
2. How did Reymundo feel about China's moving out?
(a) He was happy to be able to date Rosie.
(b) He was distraught over her move.
(c) He was not upset at all.
(d) He thought it was time for her to go.
3. Where were the Chi-West members when Reymundo confronted them in Chapter 12?
(a) Their own clubhouse.
(b) A schoolyard.
(c) A street corner.
(d) An abandoned grocery.
4. At school, Reymundo hung with Papo and Speedy, giving the impression that he was a ________________.
(a) Lords of Discipline.
(b) Spanish Lord.
(c) Loco Lords.
(d) West Side Locos.
5. Who still did not have sex with Reymundo in Chapter 21?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jenny have sex with out of revenge when she learned that Reymundo was seeing China?
2. In which gang's territory did Reymundo get severely beaten?
3. Reymundo's father died before Reymundo turned what age?
4. What item of Pedro's did Reymundo sell to get booze and marijuana?
5. After a ____________ egg fight between gangs, the Spanish Lords gunned down an innocent kid claiming he was a Cobra.
Short Essay Questions
1. What impact did Pedro's beatings of Reymundo have on Reymundo's life?
2. How did Reymundo rationalize his first killing spree and what gang accepted him after that?
3. Who were Reymundo's friends at his new school and what were some of the things they did together?
4. What did China share with Reymundo regarding her difficult home life?
5. What sleeping arrangements did Reymundo and China have at Maria's?
6. Why did Flaco's Insane Spanish Cobras beat Papo and not Reymundo?
7. Why was the gang lifestyle so attractive to Reymundo?
8. Describe the incident in which Reymundo was kicked out of the Spanish Lords clubhouse because a Chi-West member stole Crazy's gang sweater.
9. Why did Speedy's own gang members beat him brutally for what Speedy did to Reymundo during a fight?
10. Where did Reymundo's family move to in America and what did Reymundo especially like about it?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)