|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Spanish Lord gang member who Reymundo got into a fistfight with?
2. With what did Pedro threaten Reymundo all the time?
(a) A butcher knife.
(b) A machete.
(c) A chain saw.
(d) A whip.
3. Which of the following was NOT something that fascinated Reymundo about his new city?
(a) The indoor plumbing.
(b) The language.
(c) The snow.
(d) The L trains.
4. What was the nickname of the girl in #79?
(a) Miss Easy.
(b) Miss Heartbreaker.
(c) Miss Popularity.
(d) Miss Homecoming Queen.
5. What was so appealing about the gang to Reymundo?
(a) It fulfilled emotional needs not met at home.
(b) It was a way to get on the TV news.
(c) It helped him get into a better school.
(d) It prepared him for the workforce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Reymundo's mother take up with after her second husband left her?
2. On which gang did Reymundo get his revenge?
3. What did Hector buy for the apartment so Reymundo would have a place to stay?
4. Who became Reymundo's friend when Reymundo transferred to Tuley School?
5. Where did Reymundo and the girl in #73 share a bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Rosie for trying to set up Reymundo for a hit?
2. How did Reymundo's life change after he was branded a coward?
3. What is the premise of "My Bloody Life"?
4. What did Reymundo learn about Spanky when Reymundo was in the Cook County Jail, and what kind of time was Reymundo looking at for his crimes?
5. What was Reymundo's life like when he lived with Hector?
6. Why was the gang lifestyle so attractive to Reymundo?
7. What impact did Pedro's beatings of Reymundo have on Reymundo's life?
8. Who was Rosie and why was Reymundo happy when China moved out of Maria's house?
9. Why did the Kings decide to get revenge on a coalition of other gangs for Morena's death instead of the Imperials who actually killed her?
10. Describe the time when Reymundo was pulled into a murder with Jenny's brother, Lil Man, who wanted to teach the Gaylords gang a lesson after they beat an old couple simply for being Puerto Rican. What did Reymundo learn from this experience?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)