|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continued for Reymundo when the family moved to Puerto Rico?
(a) He refused to go to school.
(b) He smoked pot every day.
(c) He practiced shooting his pistol.
(d) Pedro still beat him.
2. Who was the woman who lived with her daughter and two of the daughter's friends in an apartment?
3. Who did Reymundo's mother take up with after her second husband left her?
4. What did Reymundo do as part of his initiation into the Spanish Kings?
(a) He raped a girl who was randomly pulled off the street.
(b) He shot seven of the Imperial Gangsters members.
(c) He spray painted the Kings' logo over the mural of the Imperial Gangsters.
(d) He knocked over a liquor store by himself.
5. Where did Reymundo hide after being branded a coward?
(a) An abandoned warehouse.
(b) The bus terminal.
(c) Maria's apartment.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Reymundo considered one of the "in" crowd at high school?
2. In Chapter 16, Reymundo still wanted to enroll in ___________________.
3. What did those Kings and Queens who had not been arrested spend the rest of the night doing?
4. Which gang did Reymundo decide to never be a member of?
5. Why was Reymundo branded a faggot in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Flaco's Insane Spanish Cobras beat Papo and not Reymundo?
2. What did China share with Reymundo regarding her difficult home life?
3. Describe the incident in which Reymundo was kicked out of the Spanish Lords clubhouse because a Chi-West member stole Crazy's gang sweater.
4. How did Reymundo's life change after he was branded a coward?
5. What did Jenny tell Reymundo about her and Speedy that made him so angry that he put his life at risk and ended up badly beaten in the hospital?
6. Describe the incident where Pedro severely beats Reymundo who appeals to his mother -- who also beats him.
7. Where did Reymundo's family move to in America and what did Reymundo especially like about it?
8. What was Reymundo's introduction to sex like and who was his partner?
9. What did both Maria and Hector do to help Reymundo go to school and live a relatively normal life?
10. Why did Speedy's own gang members beat him brutally for what Speedy did to Reymundo during a fight?
This section contains 1,230 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)