|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the family move when they left Puerto Rico?
(b) New York.
2. Who registered Reymundo in school and bought him school clothes?
(c) Mrs. Gonzalez.
3. Who was the Spanish Lord gang member who Reymundo got into a fistfight with?
4. Which of the following did Reymundo NOT crave about the gang?
(a) The free food.
(b) The acceptance.
(c) The camaraderie.
(d) The affection.
5. Which gang did Reymundo decide to never be a member of?
(a) Spanish Lords.
(b) Spanish Kings.
(c) The Crips.
(d) North Side Varrio Boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the person in #37 fight with Reymundo?
2. Who did Reymundo have sex with every night?
3. Which of the following was NOT something that fascinated Reymundo about his new city?
4. Why did Jenny break up with Reymundo?
5. Why did Reymundo not have sex with the girl in #30 even though she agreed to it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Reymundo's friends at his new school and what were some of the things they did together?
2. Describe the traumatic and dysfunctional beginning of Reymundo's life in Puerto Rico.
3. Why did Jenny not want to have sex with Reymundo, and who did he have sex with instead?
4. What were Reymundo's life and status in the gang when he started to hang out with the Kings' leaders?
5. Why did Flaco's Insane Spanish Cobras beat Papo and not Reymundo?
6. What was meant by "violating out"?
7. Who was Rosie and why was Reymundo happy when China moved out of Maria's house?
8. How did Loco show that he had a lot of faith in Reymundo who was such a new gang member?
9. What did Reymundo learn about Spanky when Reymundo was in the Cook County Jail, and what kind of time was Reymundo looking at for his crimes?
10. Why did the Kings decide to get revenge on a coalition of other gangs for Morena's death instead of the Imperials who actually killed her?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)