|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Reymundo when he was raped by a cousin?
2. Where did Reymundo hide after being branded a coward?
(a) An abandoned warehouse.
(b) A church.
(c) Maria's apartment.
(d) The bus terminal.
3. Why was Reymundo considered one of the "in" crowd at high school?
(a) He was a star athlete.
(b) He had a motorcycle.
(c) He hung out with the Spanish Lords.
(d) He was a great singer.
4. Why did Crazy One threaten to kill Reymundo?
(a) Crazy One thought Reymundo insulted his mother.
(b) Reymundo refused to fight the white gang.
(c) Reymundo broke up with Crazy One's sister.
(d) The white gang members took Crazy One's gang sweater.
5. Who did Jenny have sex with out of revenge when she learned that Reymundo was seeing China?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what did Pedro threaten Reymundo all the time?
2. What beautiful girl did Reymundo meet at a party at Montrose Harbor?
3. Where did Reymundo and China spend the night after the party?
4. What did Hector buy for the apartment so Reymundo would have a place to stay?
5. Why did Reymundo decide he didn't want to be a part of the gang in #77?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Reymundo's friends at his new school and what were some of the things they did together?
2. Describe the altercation between the Latin Kings and Latin Queens and the police at Montrose Harbor.
3. Describe the time when Reymundo was pulled into a murder with Jenny's brother, Lil Man, who wanted to teach the Gaylords gang a lesson after they beat an old couple simply for being Puerto Rican. What did Reymundo learn from this experience?
4. What was Reymundo's introduction to sex like and who was his partner?
5. Why was Reymundo exempt from the usual act of violence to join a group when he decided on the Latin Kings?
6. Describe Reymundo's violent life after the family moved back to Puerto Rico.
7. What was Reymundo's first experience with a gang war -- the one between the Spanish Cobras and the Spanish Lords?
8. Why did Flaco's Insane Spanish Cobras beat Papo and not Reymundo?
9. Why was the gang lifestyle so attractive to Reymundo?
10. Describe the traumatic and dysfunctional beginning of Reymundo's life in Puerto Rico.
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)