|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the store where Reymundo and his friends stole candy?
(d) Suzy Q's.
2. Maria agreed to pose as Reymundo's mother so he could ________________________.
(a) have a medical procedure.
(b) enroll in high school.
(c) get a bank loan.
(d) enlist in the army.
3. How did Reymundo feel about China's moving out?
(a) He was not upset at all.
(b) He was happy to be able to date Rosie.
(c) He thought it was time for her to go.
(d) He was distraught over her move.
4. At school, Reymundo hung with Papo and Speedy, giving the impression that he was a ________________.
(a) Loco Lords.
(b) Spanish Lord.
(c) Lords of Discipline.
(d) West Side Locos.
5. Who did Reymundo have sex with every night?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Reymundo decide he didn't want to be a part of the gang in #77?
2. Who did Jenny have sex with out of revenge when she learned that Reymundo was seeing China?
3. On which gang did Reymundo get his revenge?
4. What did Hector buy for the apartment so Reymundo would have a place to stay?
5. Why did the Latin Kings accept Reymundo into their gang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Reymundo's first experience with a gang war -- the one between the Spanish Cobras and the Spanish Lords?
2. Why did Speedy's own gang members beat him brutally for what Speedy did to Reymundo during a fight?
3. Describe the altercation between the Latin Kings and Latin Queens and the police at Montrose Harbor.
4. What did both Maria and Hector do to help Reymundo go to school and live a relatively normal life?
5. Describe the incident where Pedro severely beats Reymundo who appeals to his mother -- who also beats him.
6. Where did Reymundo's family move to in America and what did Reymundo especially like about it?
7. Who was Rosie and why was Reymundo happy when China moved out of Maria's house?
8. What sleeping arrangements did Reymundo and China have at Maria's?
9. How did Reymundo rationalize his first killing spree and what gang accepted him after that?
10. Where did Reymundo meet China, a girl he really liked?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)