|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. China wanted to go to college to become a _______________.
(a) computer tech.
2. Who was the head of the Armitage Kings?
3. What did Reymundo's best friend, Papo, suggest to the Spanish Lords?
(a) That they give Reymundo another chance.
(b) That they stop hanging out with Reymundo.
(c) That they run Reymundo out of town.
(d) That they shoot Reymundo.
4. Which gang nearly wiped out the gang in #20 on one night?
(a) Cold Stone Killas.
(b) Spanish Lords.
(c) Cadillac Crips.
(d) West Side Assassins.
5. Why did China hate her stepfather?
(a) He favored the other kids in the family.
(b) He beat her mother.
(c) He forced himself on her sexually.
(d) He wouldn't give her spending money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reymundo and the boy in #39 saw some members of which white gang walking down the street in Chapter 11?
2. Who registered Reymundo in school and bought him school clothes?
3. What did Speedy use to beat Reymundo, requiring stitches?
4. Where did Reymundo and the girl in #73 share a bed?
5. Which of the following was NOT something that fascinated Reymundo about his new city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Rosie and why was Reymundo happy when China moved out of Maria's house?
2. Describe Reymundo's violent life after the family moved back to Puerto Rico.
3. What impact did Pedro's beatings of Reymundo have on Reymundo's life?
4. Describe the violent encounter between the Chi-Wests and Reymundo, Mouse and Morena. What advice did Morena later give Reymundo about being a leader?
5. How did Reymundo's life change after he was branded a coward?
6. What did both Maria and Hector do to help Reymundo go to school and live a relatively normal life?
7. Why did Speedy's own gang members beat him brutally for what Speedy did to Reymundo during a fight?
8. Describe the altercation between the Latin Kings and Latin Queens and the police at Montrose Harbor.
9. What options was Reymundo given regarding getting the sweater back or killing a gang member and what was the potential consequence?
10. What did Jenny tell Reymundo about her and Speedy that made him so angry that he put his life at risk and ended up badly beaten in the hospital?
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)