|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Reymundo called a coward in the Chi-West shooting episode?
(a) He could not shoot his gun.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He vomited.
(d) He cried.
2. Why did the Latin Kings accept Reymundo into their gang?
(a) He pulled off a major liquor store robbery.
(b) He found a stash of guns for them.
(c) He killed some Vicelord gang members.
(d) He raped a Spanish Lord's girlfriend.
3. In what year was Reymundo born?
4. What did Reymundo's best friend, Papo, suggest to the Spanish Lords?
(a) That they run Reymundo out of town.
(b) That they shoot Reymundo.
(c) That they give Reymundo another chance.
(d) That they stop hanging out with Reymundo.
5. At school, Reymundo hung with Papo and Speedy, giving the impression that he was a ________________.
(a) Loco Lords.
(b) Lords of Discipline.
(c) Spanish Lord.
(d) West Side Locos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did China give to Reymundo?
2. What was so appealing about the gang to Reymundo?
3. With which friend did Reymundo go to a high school hangout in Chapter 11?
4. With which of the Latin Queens did Reymundo have sex?
5. The Cobras held Reymundo while they brutally beat ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Rosie and why was Reymundo happy when China moved out of Maria's house?
2. Describe the time when Reymundo was pulled into a murder with Jenny's brother, Lil Man, who wanted to teach the Gaylords gang a lesson after they beat an old couple simply for being Puerto Rican. What did Reymundo learn from this experience?
3. Describe the altercation between the Latin Kings and Latin Queens and the police at Montrose Harbor.
4. Why was Reymundo exempt from the usual act of violence to join a group when he decided on the Latin Kings?
5. What was Reymundo's first experience with a gang war -- the one between the Spanish Cobras and the Spanish Lords?
6. Why did Flaco's Insane Spanish Cobras beat Papo and not Reymundo?
7. What did both Maria and Hector do to help Reymundo go to school and live a relatively normal life?
8. Describe the incident where Pedro severely beats Reymundo who appeals to his mother -- who also beats him.
9. Describe the incident in which Reymundo was kicked out of the Spanish Lords clubhouse because a Chi-West member stole Crazy's gang sweater.
10. Where did Reymundo's family move to in America and what did Reymundo especially like about it?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)