|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reymundo was sent back to the United States to live with whom?
2. What was a nickel bag?
(a) A coin purse.
(b) A cheap lunch.
(c) A bank deposit envelope.
(d) $5 of marijuana.
3. Why did the Latin Kings accept Reymundo into their gang?
(a) He raped a Spanish Lord's girlfriend.
(b) He found a stash of guns for them.
(c) He pulled off a major liquor store robbery.
(d) He killed some Vicelord gang members.
4. Reymundo's old friend, Julio, joined a gang called _________________.
(a) Spanish Cobras.
(b) Latin Kings.
(c) Street Kings.
(d) Cripz For Lyfe.
5. What did the boy in #39 ask Reymundo to hold so he could fight the white gang members?
(a) His leather jacket.
(b) His gang sweater.
(c) His Nikes.
(d) His pocket watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Reymundo when he was raped by a cousin?
2. Who did Reymundo's mother take up with after her second husband left her?
3. Who was the person who raped Reymundo?
4. Why did China move in with her father?
5. At school, Reymundo hung with Papo and Speedy, giving the impression that he was a ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Reymundo's first experience with a gang war -- the one between the Spanish Cobras and the Spanish Lords?
2. Describe the traumatic and dysfunctional beginning of Reymundo's life in Puerto Rico.
3. What options was Reymundo given regarding getting the sweater back or killing a gang member and what was the potential consequence?
4. What did China share with Reymundo regarding her difficult home life?
5. What did Reymundo learn that changed his mind about the Spanish Lords after his encounter with Snake?
6. How did Reymundo rationalize his first killing spree and what gang accepted him after that?
7. What did Reymundo have to do in Imperial Gangsters territory as part of his initiation into the Latin Kings?
8. What is the premise of "My Bloody Life"?
9. Describe the incident where Pedro severely beats Reymundo who appeals to his mother -- who also beats him.
10. Who were Reymundo's friends at his new school and what were some of the things they did together?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)