|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which gang did Reymundo decide to never be a member of?
(a) The Crips.
(b) Spanish Kings.
(c) Spanish Lords.
(d) North Side Varrio Boys.
2. Which of the following did Reymundo NOT crave about the gang?
(a) The affection.
(b) The acceptance.
(c) The free food.
(d) The camaraderie.
3. How old was the woman in #27?
4. Who was the woman who lived with her daughter and two of the daughter's friends in an apartment?
5. What did Reymundo do as part of his initiation into the Spanish Kings?
(a) He raped a girl who was randomly pulled off the street.
(b) He shot seven of the Imperial Gangsters members.
(c) He spray painted the Kings' logo over the mural of the Imperial Gangsters.
(d) He knocked over a liquor store by himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Reymundo born?
2. What did Pedro beat Reymundo with, brutally flaying the skin off his back?
3. Why did the Latin Kings accept Reymundo into their gang?
4. Where did the family move when they left Puerto Rico?
5. Who was the Spanish Lord gang member who Reymundo got into a fistfight with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of "My Bloody Life"?
2. What did both Maria and Hector do to help Reymundo go to school and live a relatively normal life?
3. Describe the altercation between the Latin Kings and Latin Queens and the police at Montrose Harbor.
4. Describe the traumatic and dysfunctional beginning of Reymundo's life in Puerto Rico.
5. Why was Reymundo exempt from the usual act of violence to join a group when he decided on the Latin Kings?
6. What impact did Pedro's beatings of Reymundo have on Reymundo's life?
7. What did Reymundo have to do in Imperial Gangsters territory as part of his initiation into the Latin Kings?
8. Describe the time when Reymundo was pulled into a murder with Jenny's brother, Lil Man, who wanted to teach the Gaylords gang a lesson after they beat an old couple simply for being Puerto Rican. What did Reymundo learn from this experience?
9. Describe Reymundo's violent life after the family moved back to Puerto Rico.
10. Who was Rosie and why was Reymundo happy when China moved out of Maria's house?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)