|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became Reymundo's friend when Reymundo transferred to Tuley School?
2. Why would the girl in #73 not have sex with Reymundo?
(a) She was afraid of getting AIDS.
(b) She didn't want an STD.
(c) She was saving herself for marriage.
(d) She didn't really love him.
3. Why did so many policemen show up at the party at Montrose Harbor?
(a) There was a shooting with rival gangs.
(b) Someone threw a bottle at a police car.
(c) The people at the party violated the noise ordinance.
(d) The gangs were breaking curfew.
4. Which girl in school did Reymundo develop a crush on?
5. Which one of the Spanish Kings went with Reymundo to answer to the Unknowns about beating Speedy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Reymundo do as part of his initiation into the Spanish Kings?
2. Why did China hate her stepfather?
3. With which of the Latin Queens did Reymundo have sex?
4. What did the boy in #39 ask Reymundo to hold so he could fight the white gang members?
5. Which gang did Reymundo decide to never be a member of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Reymundo's violent life after the family moved back to Puerto Rico.
2. What did Jenny tell Reymundo about her and Speedy that made him so angry that he put his life at risk and ended up badly beaten in the hospital?
3. Describe the violent encounter between the Chi-Wests and Reymundo, Mouse and Morena. What advice did Morena later give Reymundo about being a leader?
4. What impact did Pedro's beatings of Reymundo have on Reymundo's life?
5. Who were Reymundo's friends at his new school and what were some of the things they did together?
6. What did China share with Reymundo regarding her difficult home life?
7. Describe the time when Reymundo was pulled into a murder with Jenny's brother, Lil Man, who wanted to teach the Gaylords gang a lesson after they beat an old couple simply for being Puerto Rican. What did Reymundo learn from this experience?
8. How did Reymundo's life change after he was branded a coward?
9. What did both Maria and Hector do to help Reymundo go to school and live a relatively normal life?
10. What was Reymundo's relationship with Morena and what did he think might destroy that relationship?
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)