|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Reymundo feel about China's moving out?
(a) He was not upset at all.
(b) He thought it was time for her to go.
(c) He was happy to be able to date Rosie.
(d) He was distraught over her move.
2. What did Pedro beat Reymundo with, brutally flaying the skin off his back?
(a) His hand.
(b) Huge rope.
(c) Electrical cord.
(d) Belt with a buckle.
3. How old was Reymundo when he had sex with the woman in #27?
4. Which gang nearly wiped out the gang in #20 on one night?
(a) Cold Stone Killas.
(b) Spanish Lords.
(c) West Side Assassins.
(d) Cadillac Crips.
5. What did Reymundo's best friend, Papo, suggest to the Spanish Lords?
(a) That they shoot Reymundo.
(b) That they stop hanging out with Reymundo.
(c) That they give Reymundo another chance.
(d) That they run Reymundo out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reymundo was sent back to the United States to live with whom?
2. What was a nickel bag?
3. Where did the family move when they left Puerto Rico?
4. The Spanish Lords told Reymundo he could get the sweater back or _______________ to get back into the gang.
5. Who was the head of the Armitage Kings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Speedy's own gang members beat him brutally for what Speedy did to Reymundo during a fight?
2. Why was Reymundo exempt from the usual act of violence to join a group when he decided on the Latin Kings?
3. Describe Reymundo's violent life after the family moved back to Puerto Rico.
4. How did Reymundo's life change after he was branded a coward?
5. Where did Reymundo's family move to in America and what did Reymundo especially like about it?
6. What did Jenny tell Reymundo about her and Speedy that made him so angry that he put his life at risk and ended up badly beaten in the hospital?
7. Describe the incident in which Reymundo was kicked out of the Spanish Lords clubhouse because a Chi-West member stole Crazy's gang sweater.
8. Describe the altercation between the Latin Kings and Latin Queens and the police at Montrose Harbor.
9. What did both Maria and Hector do to help Reymundo go to school and live a relatively normal life?
10. What sleeping arrangements did Reymundo and China have at Maria's?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)