|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Spanish Lord gang member who Reymundo got into a fistfight with?
2. What item of Pedro's did Reymundo sell to get booze and marijuana?
(b) Leather jacket.
3. What did Reymundo do when he moved back to the United States?
(a) He got a job as a bus boy.
(b) He graduated high school.
(c) He became a pothead.
(d) He took guitar lessons.
4. Why did the Latin Kings accept Reymundo into their gang?
(a) He killed some Vicelord gang members.
(b) He pulled off a major liquor store robbery.
(c) He raped a Spanish Lord's girlfriend.
(d) He found a stash of guns for them.
5. Where were the Chi-West members when Reymundo confronted them in Chapter 12?
(a) A street corner.
(b) An abandoned grocery.
(c) Their own clubhouse.
(d) A schoolyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Reymundo considered one of the "in" crowd at high school?
2. Which one of the Spanish Kings went with Reymundo to answer to the Unknowns about beating Speedy?
3. Which girl did Reymundo have a crush on in Chapter 7?
4. Who did Jenny have sex with out of revenge when she learned that Reymundo was seeing China?
5. What was so appealing about the gang to Reymundo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job did Loca's sister, Luisa, get for Reymundo and how did this change his view of the future?
2. What did Jenny tell Reymundo about her and Speedy that made him so angry that he put his life at risk and ended up badly beaten in the hospital?
3. What was Reymundo's first experience with a gang war -- the one between the Spanish Cobras and the Spanish Lords?
4. How did Loco show that he had a lot of faith in Reymundo who was such a new gang member?
5. Why did Rosie pretend to be in love with Reymundo?
6. Why did Jenny not want to have sex with Reymundo, and who did he have sex with instead?
7. What was life like now for Reymundo since the Puerto Rican gangs were at war with each other?
8. What was the incredible bit of luck Reymundo had when viciously confronted by a Latin Lovers gang member?
9. Describe the incident in which Reymundo was kicked out of the Spanish Lords clubhouse because a Chi-West member stole Crazy's gang sweater.
10. What impact did Pedro's beatings of Reymundo have on Reymundo's life?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)