|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the woman who lived with her daughter and two of the daughter's friends in an apartment?
2. What did those Kings and Queens who had not been arrested spend the rest of the night doing?
(a) Vandalizing government property.
(b) Bailing out their friends.
(c) Shooting up.
(d) Hiding out to avoid arrest.
3. After a ____________ egg fight between gangs, the Spanish Lords gunned down an innocent kid claiming he was a Cobra.
(b) New Year's.
(d) Spring Break.
4. Who was the Spanish Lord gang member who Reymundo got into a fistfight with?
5. Maria agreed to pose as Reymundo's mother so he could ________________________.
(a) have a medical procedure.
(b) get a bank loan.
(c) enroll in high school.
(d) enlist in the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who registered Reymundo in school and bought him school clothes?
2. What did Speedy use to beat Reymundo, requiring stitches?
3. The Spanish Lords told Reymundo he could get the sweater back or _______________ to get back into the gang.
4. Who was the person who raped Reymundo?
5. Why did Crazy One threaten to kill Reymundo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Reymundo's life change after he was branded a coward?
2. What happened at Reymundo's gang initiation and what was his Latin King name now?
3. Describe the traumatic and dysfunctional beginning of Reymundo's life in Puerto Rico.
4. Why did Speedy's own gang members beat him brutally for what Speedy did to Reymundo during a fight?
5. How did the Kings' leadership deal with Lucky who began to violate gang rules and confront gang leadership?
6. What were Reymundo's life and status in the gang when he started to hang out with the Kings' leaders?
7. What did Reymundo learn about Spanky when Reymundo was in the Cook County Jail, and what kind of time was Reymundo looking at for his crimes?
8. How did Loco show that he had a lot of faith in Reymundo who was such a new gang member?
9. What options was Reymundo given regarding getting the sweater back or killing a gang member and what was the potential consequence?
10. Why did Jenny not want to have sex with Reymundo, and who did he have sex with instead?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)