|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did China hate her stepfather?
(a) He favored the other kids in the family.
(b) He beat her mother.
(c) He forced himself on her sexually.
(d) He wouldn't give her spending money.
2. Why did Reymundo not have sex with the girl in #30 even though she agreed to it?
(a) He heard she had a disease.
(b) He thought she was too young.
(c) He did not love her.
(d) His family moved to Puerto Rico.
3. Why did the Latin Kings accept Reymundo into their gang?
(a) He found a stash of guns for them.
(b) He raped a Spanish Lord's girlfriend.
(c) He killed some Vicelord gang members.
(d) He pulled off a major liquor store robbery.
4. Who was the leader of the Insane Spanish Cobras?
5. After a ____________ egg fight between gangs, the Spanish Lords gunned down an innocent kid claiming he was a Cobra.
(c) Spring Break.
(d) New Year's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Reymundo's mother's second husband?
2. Where did the family move when they left Puerto Rico?
3. Maria agreed to pose as Reymundo's mother so he could ________________________.
4. Why was Reymundo branded a faggot in Chapter 14?
5. Why did the person in #37 fight with Reymundo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Reymundo's relationship with Morena and what did he think might destroy that relationship?
2. What did Reymundo have to do in Imperial Gangsters territory as part of his initiation into the Latin Kings?
3. What options was Reymundo given regarding getting the sweater back or killing a gang member and what was the potential consequence?
4. Why was Reymundo exempt from the usual act of violence to join a group when he decided on the Latin Kings?
5. Describe the altercation between the Latin Kings and Latin Queens and the police at Montrose Harbor.
6. What was Reymundo's life like when he lived with Hector?
7. Describe the incident in which Reymundo was kicked out of the Spanish Lords clubhouse because a Chi-West member stole Crazy's gang sweater.
8. Describe Reymundo's violent life after the family moved back to Puerto Rico.
9. Describe the violent encounter between the Chi-Wests and Reymundo, Mouse and Morena. What advice did Morena later give Reymundo about being a leader?
10. Describe the incident where Pedro severely beats Reymundo who appeals to his mother -- who also beats him.
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)