|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which friend did Reymundo go to a high school hangout in Chapter 11?
(a) Crazy One.
2. Why did Speedy's gang members beat him brutally for beating Reymundo?
(a) Because he used a weapon.
(b) Because he gave his word that he would not do it.
(c) Because he kicked Reymundo in the groin first.
(d) Because Reymundo was so much smaller.
3. Why did China move in with her father?
(a) She found out that Reymundo was seeing another girl at school.
(b) She fell in love with another boy.
(c) Her father made her move back with him.
(d) She was upset that Reymundo had become a hardcore gangbanger.
4. Who was the person who raped Reymundo?
5. What was the name of the store where Reymundo and his friends stole candy?
(a) Suzy Q's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Reymundo do as part of his initiation into the Spanish Kings?
2. With which teammate did Reymundo become a close friend?
3. Reymundo and Papo hung out in the clubhouse of which gang?
4. China wanted to go to college to become a _______________.
5. Why did Reymundo not have sex with the girl in #30 even though she agreed to it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the traumatic and dysfunctional beginning of Reymundo's life in Puerto Rico.
2. Who were Reymundo's friends at his new school and what were some of the things they did together?
3. Why was Reymundo exempt from the usual act of violence to join a group when he decided on the Latin Kings?
4. What impact did Pedro's beatings of Reymundo have on Reymundo's life?
5. Describe the altercation between the Latin Kings and Latin Queens and the police at Montrose Harbor.
6. What was Reymundo's relationship with Morena and what did he think might destroy that relationship?
7. What did Reymundo learn that changed his mind about the Spanish Lords after his encounter with Snake?
8. What was Reymundo's life like when he lived with Hector?
9. What did China share with Reymundo regarding her difficult home life?
10. Why did Speedy's own gang members beat him brutally for what Speedy did to Reymundo during a fight?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)