|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Reymundo considered one of the "in" crowd at high school?
(a) He was a great singer.
(b) He hung out with the Spanish Lords.
(c) He had a motorcycle.
(d) He was a star athlete.
2. Which gang did Reymundo decide to never be a member of?
(a) The Crips.
(b) Spanish Kings.
(c) Spanish Lords.
(d) North Side Varrio Boys.
3. Which gang nearly wiped out the gang in #20 on one night?
(a) West Side Assassins.
(b) Cadillac Crips.
(c) Cold Stone Killas.
(d) Spanish Lords.
4. Why did Reymundo decide he didn't want to be a part of the gang in #77?
(a) They hurt China.
(b) They called him a coward.
(c) He was betrayed by them.
(d) He was disgusted by their extreme violence.
5. Reymundo was sent back to the United States to live with whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT something that fascinated Reymundo about his new city?
2. With which friend did Reymundo go to a high school hangout in Chapter 11?
3. Who did Jenny have sex with out of revenge when she learned that Reymundo was seeing China?
4. What grade did Reymundo graduate from in Chapter 6?
5. How old was Reymundo when he was raped by a cousin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the time when Reymundo was pulled into a murder with Jenny's brother, Lil Man, who wanted to teach the Gaylords gang a lesson after they beat an old couple simply for being Puerto Rican. What did Reymundo learn from this experience?
2. What was Reymundo's introduction to sex like and who was his partner?
3. Describe the incident in which Reymundo was kicked out of the Spanish Lords clubhouse because a Chi-West member stole Crazy's gang sweater.
4. What did Reymundo learn that changed his mind about the Spanish Lords after his encounter with Snake?
5. Describe Reymundo's violent life after the family moved back to Puerto Rico.
6. Why was Reymundo exempt from the usual act of violence to join a group when he decided on the Latin Kings?
7. Why did Speedy's own gang members beat him brutally for what Speedy did to Reymundo during a fight?
8. What was Reymundo's first experience with a gang war -- the one between the Spanish Cobras and the Spanish Lords?
9. Why was the gang lifestyle so attractive to Reymundo?
10. Describe the traumatic and dysfunctional beginning of Reymundo's life in Puerto Rico.
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)