|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which area did the Latin Disciples take over?
(a) Marymont Park.
(b) Maplewood Park.
(c) Brighton Park.
(d) MacArthur Park.
2. Why did the girl in #91 change her mind about having sex with Reymundo?
(a) She thought Reymundo was too young.
(b) She was a virgin.
(c) She was in love with someone else.
(d) She was afraid of contracting AIDS.
3. Which of the following is NOT a benefit the leaders had by exploiting younger gangsters?
(a) Gorgeous women.
(b) Flashy jewelry.
(c) Luxurious vacations.
(d) New cars.
4. What did Loco give to Reymundo for Reymundo to sell?
(a) A pistol and two nickel bags.
(b) Two nickel bags and a machete.
(c) Two guns and a bag of drugs.
(d) Two guns and a machete.
5. At sixteen, Reymundo was offered the position of the ___________________ for the second time.
(a) Southside Locos.
(b) Street Masters.
(c) Barrio Boys.
(d) Peewee Kings.
6. The Latin Disciples had the leaders of which gang arrested?
(a) Latin Kings.
(c) Latin Locos.
(d) Spanish Cobras.
7. How old was Reymundo in Chapter 42 when he learned how to drive a car?
8. Why did Maria kick Reymundo out of her apartment in Chapter 33?
(a) He stole her drug money.
(b) His friends robbed her new boyfriend.
(c) He bought drugs with her grocery money.
(d) He raped her daughter.
9. What was the only way to leave a gang?
(a) Terminal illness.
(b) Being violated out.
(c) Announce it.
(d) Move to a new city.
10. Who were the Puerto Rican gangs at war with in Chapter 29?
(a) Black gangs.
(b) Asian gangs.
(c) Other Puerto Rican gangs.
(d) White gangs.
11. Who did Reymundo have sex with at Humboldt Park?
12. Who offered to help Reymundo get out of gang life in Chapter 46?
(a) A priest and high school teacher.
(b) Two gang crime division detectives.
(d) Hector and his buddies.
13. What was the location of the shoot-our in #148?
(a) Coney Island.
(b) Wisconsin Dells.
(c) Lake Shore Drive.
(d) Humboldt Park.
14. Reymundo was jealous of a new boy named ______________ for his stable home life.
15. What did the white guys give to Reymundo after the gun deal?
(a) A gold necklace.
(b) A nickel bag.
(d) A pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Reymundo's gang name at this time?
2. How did Reymundo make the girl in #91 have sex with him?
3. Reymundo realized that the Kings' real purpose was to ____________________.
4. In Chapter 29 a Spanish Cobras chief was gunned down while holding ________________ in his arms.
5. Reymundo acted as lookout for _________________ who bought rifles and pistols from southern Illinois white guys.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)