|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which teammate did Reymundo become a close friend?
2. In Chapter 19 Reymundo, Papo and Speedy badly beat up a classmate who was a ________________.
(a) Latin Kings.
(b) Latin Disciple.
(c) Kings of Discipline.
(d) Latin Locos.
3. Who was the head of the Armitage Kings?
4. Why did Jenny break up with Reymundo?
(a) She was in love with someone else.
(b) She was moving away.
(c) She didn't want to go steady now.
(d) She couldn't be with a coward.
5. Maria agreed to pose as Reymundo's mother so he could ________________________.
(a) have a medical procedure.
(b) enlist in the army.
(c) get a bank loan.
(d) enroll in high school.
6. Why did the Latin Kings accept Reymundo into their gang?
(a) He raped a Spanish Lord's girlfriend.
(b) He pulled off a major liquor store robbery.
(c) He killed some Vicelord gang members.
(d) He found a stash of guns for them.
7. What continued for Reymundo when the family moved to Puerto Rico?
(a) Pedro still beat him.
(b) He refused to go to school.
(c) He smoked pot every day.
(d) He practiced shooting his pistol.
8. China wanted to go to college to become a _______________.
(a) computer tech.
9. To what neighborhood did Reymundo's family move?
(b) Humboldt Park.
(d) White Cliffs.
10. Why did China move in with her father?
(a) She found out that Reymundo was seeing another girl at school.
(b) She was upset that Reymundo had become a hardcore gangbanger.
(c) She fell in love with another boy.
(d) Her father made her move back with him.
11. Reymundo and Papo hung out in the clubhouse of which gang?
(a) Spanish Lords.
(b) South Side Locos.
(c) Strike Force.
(d) Spanish Conquistadors.
12. How did the girl in #79 treat Reymundo?
(a) She was very shy with him.
(b) She flirted outrageously with him.
(c) She hung on him everywhere he went.
(d) She barely spoke to him.
13. What did those Kings and Queens who had not been arrested spend the rest of the night doing?
(a) Bailing out their friends.
(b) Shooting up.
(c) Hiding out to avoid arrest.
(d) Vandalizing government property.
14. Which of the following was NOT something that fascinated Reymundo about his new city?
(a) The indoor plumbing.
(b) The L trains.
(c) The snow.
(d) The language.
15. What nickname did China give to Reymundo?
(b) Lil Loco.
(c) Coo Coo Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Spanish Lord gang member who Reymundo got into a fistfight with?
2. What did Reymundo's best friend, Papo, suggest to the Spanish Lords?
3. Who registered Reymundo in school and bought him school clothes?
4. Where did Reymundo hide all night to avoid more beatings?
5. Which of the following did Reymundo NOT crave about the gang?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)