|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a ____________ egg fight between gangs, the Spanish Lords gunned down an innocent kid claiming he was a Cobra.
(a) Spring Break.
(b) New Year's.
2. Where did the family move when they left Puerto Rico?
(b) New York.
3. Who was Reymundo's mother's second husband?
4. At school, Reymundo hung with Papo and Speedy, giving the impression that he was a ________________.
(a) Loco Lords.
(b) Lords of Discipline.
(c) West Side Locos.
(d) Spanish Lord.
5. Who became Reymundo's friend when Reymundo transferred to Tuley School?
6. What did Speedy use to beat Reymundo, requiring stitches?
(a) A plank.
(b) A bat.
(c) A tire iron.
(d) A fireplace poker.
7. The Spanish Lords told Reymundo he could get the sweater back or _______________ to get back into the gang.
(a) kill a Chi-West.
(b) knock over a liquor store.
(c) get Crazy One $500.
(d) score some drugs for the gang.
8. How old was Reymundo when he had sex with the woman in #27?
9. Which of the following did Reymundo NOT crave about the gang?
(a) The camaraderie.
(b) The acceptance.
(c) The affection.
(d) The free food.
10. What did Hector buy for the apartment so Reymundo would have a place to stay?
(c) Bars for the windows.
(d) Washer & dryer.
11. Why did Reymundo decide he didn't want to be a part of the gang in #77?
(a) They hurt China.
(b) They called him a coward.
(c) He was disgusted by their extreme violence.
(d) He was betrayed by them.
12. With which of the Latin Queens did Reymundo have sex?
13. How old was the woman in #27?
14. What was so appealing about the gang to Reymundo?
(a) It prepared him for the workforce.
(b) It helped him get into a better school.
(c) It fulfilled emotional needs not met at home.
(d) It was a way to get on the TV news.
15. What did Reymundo's best friend, Papo, suggest to the Spanish Lords?
(a) That they shoot Reymundo.
(b) That they stop hanging out with Reymundo.
(c) That they give Reymundo another chance.
(d) That they run Reymundo out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which friend did Reymundo go to a high school hangout in Chapter 11?
2. Who did Reymundo have sex with every night?
3. Reymundo's father died before Reymundo turned what age?
4. In Chapter 16, Reymundo still wanted to enroll in ___________________.
5. What bad news did Reymundo get the day after he was beaten quite severely?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)