|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Speedy use to beat Reymundo, requiring stitches?
(a) A fireplace poker.
(b) A plank.
(c) A bat.
(d) A tire iron.
2. With which of the Latin Queens did Reymundo have sex?
3. Why was Jenny so excited for Reymundo in Chapter 12?
(a) He was taking her to New York.
(b) He got his own apartment.
(c) He got a really good job.
(d) He was going go kill someone.
4. Reymundo and Papo hung out in the clubhouse of which gang?
(a) Strike Force.
(b) South Side Locos.
(c) Spanish Lords.
(d) Spanish Conquistadors.
5. With what did Pedro threaten Reymundo all the time?
(a) A whip.
(b) A butcher knife.
(c) A chain saw.
(d) A machete.
6. Where did Reymundo hide after being branded a coward?
(a) Maria's apartment.
(b) The bus terminal.
(c) An abandoned warehouse.
(d) A church.
7. In what year was Reymundo born?
8. What did Reymundo carry to defend himself against Pedro?
(a) A knife.
(b) Brass knuckles.
(c) A piece of guava wood.
(d) A pistol.
9. Where did the family move when they left Puerto Rico?
(b) New York.
10. Which one of the Spanish Kings went with Reymundo to answer to the Unknowns about beating Speedy?
11. Reymundo's father died before Reymundo turned what age?
(c) 6 months.
12. Why did so many policemen show up at the party at Montrose Harbor?
(a) The people at the party violated the noise ordinance.
(b) Someone threw a bottle at a police car.
(c) The gangs were breaking curfew.
(d) There was a shooting with rival gangs.
13. Who was the Spanish Lord gang member who Reymundo got into a fistfight with?
14. Maria agreed to pose as Reymundo's mother so he could ________________________.
(a) enroll in high school.
(b) enlist in the army.
(c) have a medical procedure.
(d) get a bank loan.
15. What did Reymundo do when he moved back to the United States?
(a) He graduated high school.
(b) He got a job as a bus boy.
(c) He became a pothead.
(d) He took guitar lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the woman who lived with her daughter and two of the daughter's friends in an apartment?
2. Who registered Reymundo in school and bought him school clothes?
3. Which gang did Reymundo decide to never be a member of?
4. In Chapter 16, Reymundo still wanted to enroll in ___________________.
5. In Chapter 19 Reymundo, Papo and Speedy badly beat up a classmate who was a ________________.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)