|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Reymundo's best friend, Papo, suggest to the Spanish Lords?
(a) That they give Reymundo another chance.
(b) That they stop hanging out with Reymundo.
(c) That they shoot Reymundo.
(d) That they run Reymundo out of town.
2. Why did Speedy's gang members beat him brutally for beating Reymundo?
(a) Because Reymundo was so much smaller.
(b) Because he used a weapon.
(c) Because he kicked Reymundo in the groin first.
(d) Because he gave his word that he would not do it.
3. What was the nickname of the girl in #79?
(a) Miss Popularity.
(b) Miss Homecoming Queen.
(c) Miss Heartbreaker.
(d) Miss Easy.
4. What did Reymundo carry to defend himself against Pedro?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A knife.
(c) A piece of guava wood.
(d) Brass knuckles.
5. Which of the following was NOT something that fascinated Reymundo about his new city?
(a) The language.
(b) The snow.
(c) The indoor plumbing.
(d) The L trains.
6. In Chapter 19 Reymundo, Papo and Speedy badly beat up a classmate who was a ________________.
(a) Kings of Discipline.
(b) Latin Locos.
(c) Latin Disciple.
(d) Latin Kings.
7. What did Reymundo do when he moved back to the United States?
(a) He got a job as a bus boy.
(b) He took guitar lessons.
(c) He became a pothead.
(d) He graduated high school.
8. Why was Jenny so excited for Reymundo in Chapter 12?
(a) He got a really good job.
(b) He was going go kill someone.
(c) He got his own apartment.
(d) He was taking her to New York.
9. With which teammate did Reymundo become a close friend?
10. Which gang did Reymundo decide to never be a member of?
(a) The Crips.
(b) Spanish Lords.
(c) Spanish Kings.
(d) North Side Varrio Boys.
11. Why did Jenny break up with Reymundo?
(a) She was in love with someone else.
(b) She couldn't be with a coward.
(c) She didn't want to go steady now.
(d) She was moving away.
12. What was the name of the store where Reymundo and his friends stole candy?
(c) Suzy Q's.
13. How did the girl in #79 treat Reymundo?
(a) She hung on him everywhere he went.
(b) She barely spoke to him.
(c) She was very shy with him.
(d) She flirted outrageously with him.
14. With which of the Latin Queens did Reymundo have sex?
15. What beautiful girl did Reymundo meet at a party at Montrose Harbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Reymundo born?
2. Who was the Spanish Lord gang member who Reymundo got into a fistfight with?
3. The Spanish Lords told Reymundo he could get the sweater back or _______________ to get back into the gang.
4. Why did the Latin Kings accept Reymundo into their gang?
5. Where did the family move when they left Puerto Rico?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)