|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad news did Reymundo get the day after he was beaten quite severely?
(a) His mother was hurt in a car accident.
(b) The family was moving back to Puerto Rico.
(c) His right leg was broken.
(d) He had to get a tetanus shot.
2. China wanted to go to college to become a _______________.
(b) computer tech.
3. Which of the following did Reymundo NOT crave about the gang?
(a) The camaraderie.
(b) The affection.
(c) The free food.
(d) The acceptance.
4. At school, Reymundo hung with Papo and Speedy, giving the impression that he was a ________________.
(a) Loco Lords.
(b) West Side Locos.
(c) Lords of Discipline.
(d) Spanish Lord.
5. Who did Reymundo have sex with every night?
6. What did Speedy use to beat Reymundo, requiring stitches?
(a) A tire iron.
(b) A plank.
(c) A fireplace poker.
(d) A bat.
7. In Chapter 19 Reymundo, Papo and Speedy badly beat up a classmate who was a ________________.
(a) Latin Locos.
(b) Latin Kings.
(c) Kings of Discipline.
(d) Latin Disciple.
8. Who was the leader of the Insane Spanish Cobras?
9. With which of the Latin Queens did Reymundo have sex?
10. Why did the Latin Kings accept Reymundo into their gang?
(a) He found a stash of guns for them.
(b) He pulled off a major liquor store robbery.
(c) He raped a Spanish Lord's girlfriend.
(d) He killed some Vicelord gang members.
11. Reymundo and the boy in #39 saw some members of which white gang walking down the street in Chapter 11?
(a) Loco Park.
(b) Supreme White.
(d) White Aryan Resistance.
12. Why did China move in with her father?
(a) She found out that Reymundo was seeing another girl at school.
(b) Her father made her move back with him.
(c) She fell in love with another boy.
(d) She was upset that Reymundo had become a hardcore gangbanger.
13. What was so appealing about the gang to Reymundo?
(a) It fulfilled emotional needs not met at home.
(b) It prepared him for the workforce.
(c) It helped him get into a better school.
(d) It was a way to get on the TV news.
14. Maria agreed to pose as Reymundo's mother so he could ________________________.
(a) enlist in the army.
(b) have a medical procedure.
(c) get a bank loan.
(d) enroll in high school.
15. Which one of the Spanish Kings went with Reymundo to answer to the Unknowns about beating Speedy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would the girl in #73 not have sex with Reymundo?
2. With which friend did Reymundo go to a high school hangout in Chapter 11?
3. Why did Reymundo decide he didn't want to be a part of the gang in #77?
4. In what year was Reymundo born?
5. What did Pedro beat Reymundo with, brutally flaying the skin off his back?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)