|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became Reymundo's friend when Reymundo transferred to Tuley School?
2. Reymundo and Papo hung out in the clubhouse of which gang?
(a) Strike Force.
(b) Spanish Lords.
(c) South Side Locos.
(d) Spanish Conquistadors.
3. Who was Reymundo's mother's second husband?
4. With what did Pedro threaten Reymundo all the time?
(a) A butcher knife.
(b) A chain saw.
(c) A machete.
(d) A whip.
5. What nickname did China give to Reymundo?
(b) Coo Coo Bird.
(c) Lil Loco.
6. How did Reymundo feel about China's moving out?
(a) He was happy to be able to date Rosie.
(b) He thought it was time for her to go.
(c) He was distraught over her move.
(d) He was not upset at all.
7. Where did Reymundo and the girl in #73 share a bed?
(a) At Hector's.
(b) At Maria's.
(c) At her house.
(d) At the clubhouse.
8. What item of Pedro's did Reymundo sell to get booze and marijuana?
(a) Leather jacket.
9. What did Reymundo's best friend, Papo, suggest to the Spanish Lords?
(a) That they stop hanging out with Reymundo.
(b) That they shoot Reymundo.
(c) That they give Reymundo another chance.
(d) That they run Reymundo out of town.
10. Which of the following was NOT to go with Reymundo when he did the activity in #45?
(c) Space Cadet.
11. Which gang did Reymundo decide to never be a member of?
(a) Spanish Lords.
(b) The Crips.
(c) Spanish Kings.
(d) North Side Varrio Boys.
12. In Chapter 16, Reymundo still wanted to enroll in ___________________.
(a) high school.
(b) night school.
(d) GED classes.
13. Why did so many policemen show up at the party at Montrose Harbor?
(a) There was a shooting with rival gangs.
(b) The people at the party violated the noise ordinance.
(c) Someone threw a bottle at a police car.
(d) The gangs were breaking curfew.
14. Which of the following did Reymundo NOT crave about the gang?
(a) The acceptance.
(b) The free food.
(c) The affection.
(d) The camaraderie.
15. Where did Reymundo hide after being branded a coward?
(a) An abandoned warehouse.
(b) A church.
(c) The bus terminal.
(d) Maria's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the Chi-West members when Reymundo confronted them in Chapter 12?
2. Why did China move in with her father?
3. What did Hector buy for the apartment so Reymundo would have a place to stay?
4. Why was Reymundo considered one of the "in" crowd at high school?
5. What bad news did Reymundo get the day after he was beaten quite severely?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)