|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Speedy's gang members beat him brutally for beating Reymundo?
(a) Because Reymundo was so much smaller.
(b) Because he gave his word that he would not do it.
(c) Because he kicked Reymundo in the groin first.
(d) Because he used a weapon.
2. After a ____________ egg fight between gangs, the Spanish Lords gunned down an innocent kid claiming he was a Cobra.
(b) Spring Break.
(c) New Year's.
3. Who were the female counterparts of the Latin Kings?
(a) The Flamencas.
(b) The Latin Queens.
(c) The Sweet Sixteen.
(d) The Senoritas.
4. Which of the following was NOT something that fascinated Reymundo about his new city?
(a) The L trains.
(b) The snow.
(c) The language.
(d) The indoor plumbing.
5. Why was Jenny so excited for Reymundo in Chapter 12?
(a) He was going go kill someone.
(b) He got a really good job.
(c) He was taking her to New York.
(d) He got his own apartment.
6. Maria agreed to pose as Reymundo's mother so he could ________________________.
(a) enlist in the army.
(b) have a medical procedure.
(c) enroll in high school.
(d) get a bank loan.
7. What did those Kings and Queens who had not been arrested spend the rest of the night doing?
(a) Hiding out to avoid arrest.
(b) Vandalizing government property.
(c) Shooting up.
(d) Bailing out their friends.
8. Why did Reymundo not have sex with the girl in #30 even though she agreed to it?
(a) He did not love her.
(b) He thought she was too young.
(c) His family moved to Puerto Rico.
(d) He heard she had a disease.
9. Why was Reymundo branded a faggot in Chapter 14?
(a) He refused to have sex with Maria in front of a roomful of people.
(b) He couldn't perform when Jenny wanted to have sex.
(c) He was seen holding hands with another guy.
(d) He cried when the gang members beat up a rival gang member.
10. Where did Reymundo hide all night to avoid more beatings?
(a) In a shed.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) The school.
(d) At church.
11. Reymundo was sent back to the United States to live with whom?
12. Where did Reymundo hide after being branded a coward?
(a) Maria's apartment.
(b) An abandoned warehouse.
(c) The bus terminal.
(d) A church.
13. Why did so many policemen show up at the party at Montrose Harbor?
(a) There was a shooting with rival gangs.
(b) The people at the party violated the noise ordinance.
(c) The gangs were breaking curfew.
(d) Someone threw a bottle at a police car.
14. Which of the following did Reymundo NOT crave about the gang?
(a) The acceptance.
(b) The free food.
(c) The affection.
(d) The camaraderie.
15. What was a nickel bag?
(a) A coin purse.
(b) A cheap lunch.
(c) $5 of marijuana.
(d) A bank deposit envelope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname of the girl in #79?
2. Who was the head of the Armitage Kings?
3. Why did Jenny break up with Reymundo?
4. How did Reymundo feel about China's moving out?
5. What was so appealing about the gang to Reymundo?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)