|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which girl did Reymundo have a crush on in Chapter 7?
2. Why did Crazy One threaten to kill Reymundo?
(a) The white gang members took Crazy One's gang sweater.
(b) Crazy One thought Reymundo insulted his mother.
(c) Reymundo refused to fight the white gang.
(d) Reymundo broke up with Crazy One's sister.
3. Why was Reymundo branded a faggot in Chapter 14?
(a) He was seen holding hands with another guy.
(b) He couldn't perform when Jenny wanted to have sex.
(c) He refused to have sex with Maria in front of a roomful of people.
(d) He cried when the gang members beat up a rival gang member.
4. Why did China move in with her father?
(a) She was upset that Reymundo had become a hardcore gangbanger.
(b) Her father made her move back with him.
(c) She found out that Reymundo was seeing another girl at school.
(d) She fell in love with another boy.
5. Which of the following was NOT something that fascinated Reymundo about his new city?
(a) The indoor plumbing.
(b) The language.
(c) The L trains.
(d) The snow.
6. What did Reymundo do as part of his initiation into the Spanish Kings?
(a) He raped a girl who was randomly pulled off the street.
(b) He spray painted the Kings' logo over the mural of the Imperial Gangsters.
(c) He knocked over a liquor store by himself.
(d) He shot seven of the Imperial Gangsters members.
7. Where did Reymundo hide after being branded a coward?
(a) A church.
(b) The bus terminal.
(c) Maria's apartment.
(d) An abandoned warehouse.
8. With which teammate did Reymundo become a close friend?
9. Who was the woman who lived with her daughter and two of the daughter's friends in an apartment?
10. What item of Pedro's did Reymundo sell to get booze and marijuana?
(c) Leather jacket.
11. Who was the Spanish Lord gang member who Reymundo got into a fistfight with?
12. What did Pedro beat Reymundo with, brutally flaying the skin off his back?
(a) His hand.
(b) Huge rope.
(c) Electrical cord.
(d) Belt with a buckle.
13. In what year was Reymundo born?
14. Where did Reymundo and China spend the night after the party?
(a) The Kings' clubhouse.
(b) Maria's house.
(c) China's house.
(d) An abandoned warehouse.
15. What did Speedy use to beat Reymundo, requiring stitches?
(a) A fireplace poker.
(b) A tire iron.
(c) A bat.
(d) A plank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname of the girl in #79?
2. Where did Reymundo hide all night to avoid more beatings?
3. Reymundo was sent back to the United States to live with whom?
4. Who became Reymundo's friend when Reymundo transferred to Tuley School?
5. Who did Reymundo's mother take up with after her second husband left her?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)