|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Reymundo when he was raped by a cousin?
2. What was so appealing about the gang to Reymundo?
(a) It prepared him for the workforce.
(b) It helped him get into a better school.
(c) It was a way to get on the TV news.
(d) It fulfilled emotional needs not met at home.
3. In what year was Reymundo born?
4. What did those Kings and Queens who had not been arrested spend the rest of the night doing?
(a) Shooting up.
(b) Hiding out to avoid arrest.
(c) Bailing out their friends.
(d) Vandalizing government property.
5. Why was Reymundo called a coward in the Chi-West shooting episode?
(a) He vomited.
(b) He could not shoot his gun.
(c) He cried.
(d) He ran away.
6. How old was Reymundo when he had sex with the woman in #27?
7. Who was the leader of the Unknowns?
8. The Spanish Lords told Reymundo he could get the sweater back or _______________ to get back into the gang.
(a) kill a Chi-West.
(b) get Crazy One $500.
(c) knock over a liquor store.
(d) score some drugs for the gang.
9. Why did so many policemen show up at the party at Montrose Harbor?
(a) The people at the party violated the noise ordinance.
(b) The gangs were breaking curfew.
(c) There was a shooting with rival gangs.
(d) Someone threw a bottle at a police car.
10. At school, Reymundo hung with Papo and Speedy, giving the impression that he was a ________________.
(a) West Side Locos.
(b) Lords of Discipline.
(c) Spanish Lord.
(d) Loco Lords.
11. How did the girl in #79 treat Reymundo?
(a) She barely spoke to him.
(b) She was very shy with him.
(c) She flirted outrageously with him.
(d) She hung on him everywhere he went.
12. What was a nickel bag?
(a) A cheap lunch.
(b) A coin purse.
(c) $5 of marijuana.
(d) A bank deposit envelope.
13. Which of the following was NOT to go with Reymundo when he did the activity in #45?
(a) Space Cadet.
14. What bad news did Reymundo get the day after he was beaten quite severely?
(a) The family was moving back to Puerto Rico.
(b) His right leg was broken.
(c) He had to get a tetanus shot.
(d) His mother was hurt in a car accident.
15. Where did Reymundo and the girl in #73 share a bed?
(a) At Maria's.
(b) At the clubhouse.
(c) At her house.
(d) At Hector's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of Pedro's did Reymundo sell to get booze and marijuana?
2. Maria agreed to pose as Reymundo's mother so he could ________________________.
3. Which of the following was NOT something that fascinated Reymundo about his new city?
4. With what did Pedro threaten Reymundo all the time?
5. Who did Reymundo's mother take up with after her second husband left her?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)