|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At school, Reymundo hung with Papo and Speedy, giving the impression that he was a ________________.
(a) Spanish Lord.
(b) Lords of Discipline.
(c) Loco Lords.
(d) West Side Locos.
2. What did the boy in #39 ask Reymundo to hold so he could fight the white gang members?
(a) His leather jacket.
(b) His gang sweater.
(c) His pocket watch.
(d) His Nikes.
3. Who did Reymundo have sex with every night?
4. Who were the female counterparts of the Latin Kings?
(a) The Senoritas.
(b) The Latin Queens.
(c) The Sweet Sixteen.
(d) The Flamencas.
5. On which gang did Reymundo get his revenge?
(a) The Crips.
(b) The Gaylords.
(c) The Court Street Locos.
(d) The Evil Browns.
6. Who did Reymundo's mother take up with after her second husband left her?
7. What item of Pedro's did Reymundo sell to get booze and marijuana?
(a) Leather jacket.
8. What was so appealing about the gang to Reymundo?
(a) It helped him get into a better school.
(b) It prepared him for the workforce.
(c) It fulfilled emotional needs not met at home.
(d) It was a way to get on the TV news.
9. What bad news did Reymundo get the day after he was beaten quite severely?
(a) The family was moving back to Puerto Rico.
(b) His right leg was broken.
(c) His mother was hurt in a car accident.
(d) He had to get a tetanus shot.
10. Reymundo and Papo hung out in the clubhouse of which gang?
(a) South Side Locos.
(b) Spanish Lords.
(c) Strike Force.
(d) Spanish Conquistadors.
11. Where did Reymundo hide after being branded a coward?
(a) Maria's apartment.
(b) The bus terminal.
(c) An abandoned warehouse.
(d) A church.
12. Reymundo's father died before Reymundo turned what age?
(b) 6 months.
13. Reymundo's old friend, Julio, joined a gang called _________________.
(a) Spanish Cobras.
(b) Latin Kings.
(c) Street Kings.
(d) Cripz For Lyfe.
14. Why was Jenny so excited for Reymundo in Chapter 12?
(a) He was taking her to New York.
(b) He was going go kill someone.
(c) He got his own apartment.
(d) He got a really good job.
15. What did Speedy use to beat Reymundo, requiring stitches?
(a) A tire iron.
(b) A plank.
(c) A fireplace poker.
(d) A bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became Reymundo's friend when Reymundo transferred to Tuley School?
2. Where did the family move when they left Puerto Rico?
3. In which gang's territory did Reymundo get severely beaten?
4. What beautiful girl did Reymundo meet at a party at Montrose Harbor?
5. Who was the Spanish Lord gang member who Reymundo got into a fistfight with?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)