|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became Reymundo's friend when Reymundo transferred to Tuley School?
2. For how long was Reymundo to be kicked out of the clubhouse, homeless and friendless?
(a) Until he robbed a liquor store.
(b) Until he scored some drugs.
(c) Until he got the gang sweater back.
(d) Until he paid his dues.
3. What did Reymundo carry to defend himself against Pedro?
(a) Brass knuckles.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A knife.
(d) A piece of guava wood.
4. China wanted to go to college to become a _______________.
(b) computer tech.
5. Reymundo and Papo hung out in the clubhouse of which gang?
(a) Spanish Conquistadors.
(b) South Side Locos.
(c) Spanish Lords.
(d) Strike Force.
6. What did Reymundo's best friend, Papo, suggest to the Spanish Lords?
(a) That they give Reymundo another chance.
(b) That they stop hanging out with Reymundo.
(c) That they run Reymundo out of town.
(d) That they shoot Reymundo.
7. What was the name of the store where Reymundo and his friends stole candy?
(d) Suzy Q's.
8. With what did Pedro threaten Reymundo all the time?
(a) A chain saw.
(b) A whip.
(c) A butcher knife.
(d) A machete.
9. Which of the following was NOT to go with Reymundo when he did the activity in #45?
(c) Space Cadet.
10. Why was Reymundo branded a faggot in Chapter 14?
(a) He refused to have sex with Maria in front of a roomful of people.
(b) He was seen holding hands with another guy.
(c) He cried when the gang members beat up a rival gang member.
(d) He couldn't perform when Jenny wanted to have sex.
11. Where did Reymundo hide after being branded a coward?
(a) Maria's apartment.
(b) The bus terminal.
(c) An abandoned warehouse.
(d) A church.
12. Where was Reymundo born?
(a) The back of a 1957 Chevy.
(b) A Greyhound bus.
(c) A New York City cab.
(d) His grandmother's house.
13. Why did China move in with her father?
(a) She fell in love with another boy.
(b) Her father made her move back with him.
(c) She was upset that Reymundo had become a hardcore gangbanger.
(d) She found out that Reymundo was seeing another girl at school.
14. Reymundo's old friend, Julio, joined a gang called _________________.
(a) Street Kings.
(b) Spanish Cobras.
(c) Latin Kings.
(d) Cripz For Lyfe.
15. In Chapter 19 Reymundo, Papo and Speedy badly beat up a classmate who was a ________________.
(a) Latin Locos.
(b) Latin Kings.
(c) Kings of Discipline.
(d) Latin Disciple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Reymundo feel about China's moving out?
2. Maria agreed to pose as Reymundo's mother so he could ________________________.
3. Which gang did Reymundo decide to never be a member of?
4. Why did Speedy's gang members beat him brutally for beating Reymundo?
5. Where did the family move when they left Puerto Rico?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)