Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Spanish Lord gang member who Reymundo got into a fistfight with?
2. With what did Pedro threaten Reymundo all the time?
(a) A butcher knife.
(b) A machete.
(c) A chain saw.
(d) A whip.
3. Which of the following was NOT something that fascinated Reymundo about his new city?
(a) The indoor plumbing.
(b) The language.
(c) The snow.
(d) The L trains.
4. What was the nickname of the girl in #79?
(a) Miss Easy.
(b) Miss Heartbreaker.
(c) Miss Popularity.
(d) Miss Homecoming Queen.
5. What was so appealing about the gang to Reymundo?
(a) It fulfilled emotional needs not met at home.
(b) It was a way to get on the TV news.
(c) It helped him get into a better school.
(d) It prepared him for the workforce.
6. Who did Reymundo's mother take up with after her second husband left her?
7. On which gang did Reymundo get his revenge?
(a) The Evil Browns.
(b) The Gaylords.
(c) The Crips.
(d) The Court Street Locos.
8. What did Hector buy for the apartment so Reymundo would have a place to stay?
(a) Bars for the windows.
(b) Washer & dryer.
9. Who became Reymundo's friend when Reymundo transferred to Tuley School?
10. Where did Reymundo and the girl in #73 share a bed?
(a) At Maria's.
(b) At her house.
(c) At Hector's.
(d) At the clubhouse.
11. Who was the leader of the Insane Spanish Cobras?
12. Where were the Chi-West members when Reymundo confronted them in Chapter 12?
(a) Their own clubhouse.
(b) A schoolyard.
(c) An abandoned grocery.
(d) A street corner.
13. Why did the person in #37 fight with Reymundo?
(a) He thought Reymundo insulted his girlfriend.
(b) Reymundo slit his cycle tires.
(c) He thought Reymundo took his Nikes.
(d) Reymundo stole his leather jacket.
14. Who registered Reymundo in school and bought him school clothes?
(c) Mrs. Gonzalez.
15. How did the girl in #79 treat Reymundo?
(a) She barely spoke to him.
(b) She was very shy with him.
(c) She flirted outrageously with him.
(d) She hung on him everywhere he went.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which gang nearly wiped out the gang in #20 on one night?
2. At school, Reymundo hung with Papo and Speedy, giving the impression that he was a ________________.
3. Who did Jenny have sex with out of revenge when she learned that Reymundo was seeing China?
4. In Chapter 19 Reymundo, Papo and Speedy badly beat up a classmate who was a ________________.
5. For how long was Reymundo to be kicked out of the clubhouse, homeless and friendless?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)