|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT something that fascinated Reymundo about his new city?
(a) The L trains.
(b) The language.
(c) The snow.
(d) The indoor plumbing.
2. What did Reymundo's best friend, Papo, suggest to the Spanish Lords?
(a) That they stop hanging out with Reymundo.
(b) That they give Reymundo another chance.
(c) That they run Reymundo out of town.
(d) That they shoot Reymundo.
3. Why did Reymundo decide he didn't want to be a part of the gang in #77?
(a) They called him a coward.
(b) He was disgusted by their extreme violence.
(c) He was betrayed by them.
(d) They hurt China.
4. What bad news did Reymundo get the day after he was beaten quite severely?
(a) His mother was hurt in a car accident.
(b) The family was moving back to Puerto Rico.
(c) His right leg was broken.
(d) He had to get a tetanus shot.
5. What did Reymundo do as part of his initiation into the Spanish Kings?
(a) He knocked over a liquor store by himself.
(b) He spray painted the Kings' logo over the mural of the Imperial Gangsters.
(c) He raped a girl who was randomly pulled off the street.
(d) He shot seven of the Imperial Gangsters members.
6. Who did Reymundo's mother take up with after her second husband left her?
7. Which girl did Reymundo have a crush on in Chapter 7?
8. What was the name of the store where Reymundo and his friends stole candy?
(d) Suzy Q's.
9. In what year was Reymundo born?
10. What did Reymundo carry to defend himself against Pedro?
(a) A piece of guava wood.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A knife.
(d) Brass knuckles.
11. Why was Jenny so excited for Reymundo in Chapter 12?
(a) He got his own apartment.
(b) He was going go kill someone.
(c) He got a really good job.
(d) He was taking her to New York.
12. Reymundo and the boy in #39 saw some members of which white gang walking down the street in Chapter 11?
(b) Supreme White.
(c) Loco Park.
(d) White Aryan Resistance.
13. Who was the Spanish Lord gang member who Reymundo got into a fistfight with?
14. In Chapter 16, Reymundo still wanted to enroll in ___________________.
(b) GED classes.
(c) night school.
(d) high school.
15. What was a nickel bag?
(a) $5 of marijuana.
(b) A cheap lunch.
(c) A coin purse.
(d) A bank deposit envelope.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which gang did Reymundo get his revenge?
2. What continued for Reymundo when the family moved to Puerto Rico?
3. How did the girl in #79 treat Reymundo?
4. What grade did Reymundo graduate from in Chapter 6?
5. For how long was Reymundo to be kicked out of the clubhouse, homeless and friendless?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)