|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does VJ say about Philip?
(a) Philip is smarter than most people believe.
(b) Philip is the most useful person he knows.
(c) Philip is useless but loyal.
(d) Philip needs to have his intelligence increased.
2. What does VJ show his parents in the second secret room of his lab?
(a) A facility to produce cocaine.
(b) A facility to purify drinking water.
(c) A facility to grow marijuana.
(d) A facility to clone human beings.
3. Whose account login has the hacker been using?
4. Who has VJ hired as a personal secretary?
(a) The surrogate mother who bore him.
(b) Victor's former secretary.
(c) A former teacher from his school.
(d) His old nanny's mother.
5. Who does VJ learn was with Victor earlier in the day?
(b) A mysterious, unknown security guard.
(d) A daycare worker.
6. What does Victor think of VJ's work?
(a) He thinks it shows immaturity.
(b) He thinks it could win a Nobel prize.
(c) He thinks it will help VJ get into college.
(d) He thinks it needs extensive testing to be sure of the results.
7. What day does Chapter 12 take place?
8. What does VJ say that he needs, which drove him into his own secret space?
(a) Silence so that he can focus and concentrate.
(b) Distance from people so he can't hear their thoughts.
(c) Seclusion to pursue his serious work.
(d) Privacy so that others won't criticize his methods of working.
9. Who is caught vandalizing Victor's house?
10. Who have the police discovered has been threatening the Franks?
11. How are VJ's personal security guards paid?
(a) They are blackmailed into doing the work for free.
(b) They're on the Chimera payroll.
(c) They are paid by VJ in cash.
(d) They are paid by a fake company set up by VJ.
12. When Marsha returns to her home, who does she find has been killed?
(a) The family dog.
(b) A servant.
(c) The family cat.
(d) A neighbor.
13. Whose liver tissue does Victor take from the hospital sample storage area?
14. What previously unknown name does Marsha learn from Philip?
(a) Paulo Cortez.
(b) Orlando Martinez.
(c) Jorje Marino.
(d) Bruno Trujillo.
15. What does Victor see is keeping the river from flooding into a building?
(a) A large bolt.
(b) An iron sheet.
(c) A large rock.
(d) A fallen tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George Gephardt purchase fraudulently with company funds?
2. At the end of Chapter 9, what does VJ admit to his father that he's done?
3. How does Victor feel about what VJ reveals to him?
4. Why does Victor find it hard to concentrate on his presentation about VJ's work?
5. Where does Victor follow VJ and Philip to?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)