|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, what does VJ admit to his father that he's done?
(a) Kill Maurice and Mark.
(b) Modify his father's research.
(c) Log in to the Chimera computer systems.
(d) Skipped school.
2. Where was the fatal drug likely administered to Maurice and Mark?
(a) At their homes.
(b) At the Chimera daycare.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At a birthday party.
3. What does VJ say that he needs, which drove him into his own secret space?
(a) Seclusion to pursue his serious work.
(b) Distance from people so he can't hear their thoughts.
(c) Privacy so that others won't criticize his methods of working.
(d) Silence so that he can focus and concentrate.
4. How many friends did VJ have in daycare?
(a) Not many friends.
(b) A group of several very close friends.
(c) Many friends.
(d) One very close friend.
5. What is the state of the river while Victor is searching for VJ?
(a) The river is low.
(b) The river is almost dry.
(c) The river is still.
(d) The river is high.
6. Who does VJ learn was with Victor earlier in the day?
(a) A daycare worker.
(c) A mysterious, unknown security guard.
7. What does VJ refuse to do at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Talk to a psychiatrist.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Let his mother into the secret areas of his lab.
(d) Go to the lab.
8. What does Victor try to see at the secret lab?
(a) VJ's experimental records.
(b) VJ's equipment.
(c) The closed-off areas.
(d) VJ's test subjects.
9. How does Victor feel about what VJ reveals to him?
10. What day of the week does Chapter 10 take place?
11. What does VJ do to his mother?
(a) He lets her go under guard.
(b) He attempts to murder her.
(c) He locks her up in her house.
(d) He imprisons her in his lab.
12. Where does Victor follow VJ and Philip to?
(a) The daycare center.
(b) Hurst's laboratory.
(c) The clock tower.
(d) Murray's laboratory.
13. What weapon does Victor make to use against VJ?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A sling.
(c) A bomb.
(d) A knife.
14. Why does Victor give up the idea of going to the police?
(a) Victor doesn't think the police will believe him.
(b) Victor is afraid of VJ gong to jail.
(c) Victor thinks that VJ will outsmart the police.
(d) Victor is afraid the police will harm VJ.
15. Who have the police discovered has been threatening the Franks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marsha wake early in the morning at the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. What does Victor discover about the liver cancer that has killed several people?
3. What does VJ say he's discovered?
4. Where were Gephardt's fraudulent purchases delivered?
5. What does VJ show Victor?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)