|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Victor's reaction to Mark Murray's condition?
(a) Victor is very upset.
(b) Victor is irritated.
(c) Victor is relieved.
(d) Victor is unconcerned.
2. Why does Victor warn VJ away from the river?
(a) The shore is eroded.
(b) A dam will open soon.
(c) The water is high.
(d) Rains are expected.
3. Why did Mark and Maurice's parents go through Victor's lab to have their sons?
(a) They were unaware they were signing up to have children.
(b) They wanted a way to have children without going through pregnancy.
(c) They were helping Victor as test subjects.
(d) They were unable to conceive on their own.
4. How old is VJ at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What is Marsha's field of specialization?
(a) Adolescent development.
(b) Child psychiatry.
(c) Abnormal psychiatry.
(d) Regression therapy.
6. What is the dominant feature of Victor's company's facilities?
(a) A large clock tower.
(b) An old church steeple.
(c) A disused windmill.
(d) A looming water tower.
7. Who does Marsha counsel at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Twin children with neurotic tendencies.
(b) A teenager with personality disorders.
(c) A father and son with schitzophrenia.
(d) A young child with mood disorders.
8. What are the results of VJ's IQ test?
(a) A high score of 144.
(b) A normal score of 100.
(c) A high-normal score of 128.
(d) A very high score of 162.
9. Where is the baby, VJ, born?
(a) Detroit, Michigan.
(b) Kansas City, Kansas.
(c) Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
10. Where does VJ stop on the way to the lab?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The post office.
(c) The bank.
(d) The drugstore.
11. What happens to Mark Murray?
(a) He goes into a coma.
(b) He dies on the way to the hospital.
(c) He dies in the hospital.
(d) He nearly dies but recovers.
12. What does Marsha compare VJ's psychiatric test results to?
(a) VJ's prior test results.
(b) Her patients' test results.
(c) Her observations of his behavior.
(d) A survey of test results of children VJ's age.
13. Who do the computer records show deleted files off Victor's computer?
14. What exam does Marsha plan to give VJ after his physical exam?
(a) A battery of unconscious motivation tests.
(b) A battery of cognitive ability tests.
(c) A battery of psychological tests.
(d) A battery of emotional response tests.
15. Why is Victor allowed into restricted areas of the hospital?
(a) He seems to belong and know where he's going.
(b) He has a special pass.
(c) He argues with the staff until they give him access.
(d) He knows the doctor in charge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maurice play against at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. What third file does Victor find is missing from his computer?
3. What types of animals did Victor experiment with NGF on?
4. What does Victor take back with him from the hospital?
5. Who does Victor suspect of deleting the files?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)