Essay Topic 1
One important element in the novel is the nature of science. Discuss the nature of science as portrayed in the novel.
1) What is the purpose of science? What do the characters in the novel use science to accomplish?
2) Is science in itself good, bad, or neutral? How does the novel put a value on science?
3) How does the portrayal of science in the novel compare to the reality of science?
Essay Topic 2
Marsha is the main female character in the novel, but the novel also includes minor female characters such as Janice and Josephine. Discuss the portrayal of women in the novel.
1) Is Victor's treatment of Marsha and her opinions different from his treatment of men? How does Victor treat women in general in the novel?
2) How is Marsha's perspective as a woman different from Victor's as a man? What do Marsha and Victor's perspectives say...
This section contains 1,695 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)