|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author sleep on after they all share a special herb tea?
2. What does the author contemplate after she observs the healing of Great Stone Hunter?
3. What is the reason Female Healer and Medicine Man believe Great Stone Hunter got injured for?
4. What does the author hope will help the reader understand the core message of the book?
5. How does a human being give honor to their universally connected being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the thematic pattern that is apparent in this quest narrative?
2. Desribe the journey Marlo is about to undertake?
3. What does the author feel as Ooota simply starts walking without any announcement?
4. What is the one experience in Australia that has made the author unhappy?
5. What is Tribal Elder being told by the young man as he sits on the ground and falls silent?
6. Why does the tribe separate into two groups?
7. What does the young man who reads her palm tell the author about why she has come to Australia?
8. What is the brief disclaimer given by the author?
9. What happens to the author's feet as a result of the initial walkabout?
10. What does the author think about during the ride to the luncheon meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book it is stated that the core experience of all Mutants is that they live and work from a place of fear instead of love and awareness and abundance. Trace the dismantling of the author's fear through her journey. How does the author move from a place of fear into love. Describe the steps of her journey and support your findings with textual evidence.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the religious aspects of the book in terms of The Real People's connection with Jesus. How do they view Jesus? How do they view "The Oneness" in association with Jesus and organized religion? Contrast The Real People's perception of their connection with "The Oneness" and the practice of organized religion (violence, control, rivalry) . Use examples from the five major world religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism) as well as dialogue from the text to support your findings.
Essay Topic 3
Define the literary genre: Memoir. Discuss the 3 major ways in which Memoir differs from fiction and non-fiction. Next, discuss the strengths and weaknesses of Memoir. Is this current trend something that is attracting bloggers, diary writers, and other such writers to the field? When is a Memoir considered a literary work of art?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)