|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do some of the tribal people feel about sitting across from the "mutant"?
2. What lesson does the kangaroo teach?
(a) to move forward.
(b) to keep going.
(c) to skip over problems.
(d) to stay close to your children.
3. How do The Real People sit after an evening meal?
(a) under the trees.
(b) spread out.
(c) on rocks.
(d) in a circle.
4. What idea is exchanged between the author and the Aborigine after dinner while sitting in the circle?
5. What is the author's new career?
(a) a speaker on the politics the Aborigines.
(b) a speaker on the rigors and hardships of the Outback.
(c) a speaker on herbs and healing chants.
(d) a speaker on the teachings of the Aborigines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What talent does Spirit Woman reveal to the author?
2. Where is the author led after the decision is made by the tribe?
3. Which member of the tribe runs out into the desert and returns with a large green leaf?
4. What does Spirit Woman instruct the author to do that would help her dream?
5. What does Peace Maker tell the author that The Real People have a diffulculty understanding and say that the practice of it is full of rivalry, violence, and control?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the tribe sit in a circle after an evening meal?
2. What does the killing of the snakes for food represent to the tribe?
3. Describe the animal the author embodies during the tribal ceremony?
4. How does the tribe define the term "talent"?
5. What does the author's dream signify, according to Spirit Woman?
6. What happens to the birds that are killed by the boomerangs?
7. What do the tribes know about Jesus?
8. What is the significance of the green leaf?
9. How does the author go about realizing the "grace" of the universe?
10. What happens to the author by the third day of the walk in which she leads?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)