|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do The Real People celebrate instead of birthdays?
(a) moving into deeper awareness.
(b) tribal accomplishments.
(c) religious holidays.
(d) individual efforts.
2. What has happened to most of the sacred sites of the Aborigine people?
(a) they have been overtaken by mutants.
(b) they have been vandalized.
(c) they have been restored.
(d) they have eroded.
3. What does the author teach the tribe after the celebration?
(a) North American country dances.
(b) North American classic dance.
(d) Jazz dance.
4. Who does the tribe agree is their camel prey, according to their telepathy skills?
(a) elderly male.
(b) elderly female.
(c) young male offspring.
(d) young female.
5. What does the authors dream mean, according to Spirit Woman?
(a) her life is a blessing and a curse.
(b) her life is fragile.
(c) her life is static and unmoving.
(d) her life will undergo signifcant change.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the flock of large and brightly colored birds killed?
2. With whom does the author break off a relationship upon returning?
3. Where do Time Keeper and Memory Keeper lead the author?
4. Who is the focus of the final ceremony?
5. What gifts do Time Keeper and Memory Keeper share?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the tribe sit in a circle after an evening meal?
2. What is the significance of the green leaf?
3. What does Ooota say is the way The Real People understand the word talent?
4. Describe the core experience of all Mutants as opposed to The Real People?
5. How does the tribe treat the elderly female camel after she is killed?
6. What do the tribes know about Jesus?
7. What gifts do Time Keeper and Memory Keeper hold?
8. What happens to the author by the third day of the walk in which she leads?
9. What does the author lose track of and one day wakes up thinking about?
10. What does Story Teller reveal to the author?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)