|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the author break off a relationship upon returning?
(a) her father.
(b) her landlord.
(c) her daughter.
2. What is the author's new career?
(a) a speaker on herbs and healing chants.
(b) a speaker on the rigors and hardships of the Outback.
(c) a speaker on the teachings of the Aborigines.
(d) a speaker on the politics the Aborigines.
3. What does Peace Maker tell the author that The Real People have a diffulculty understanding and say that the practice of it is full of rivalry, violence, and control?
4. Which member f the tribe leads the morning prayer ritual?
(a) Female Healer.
(b) Spirit Woman.
(c) Great Stone Hunter.
(d) Medicine Man.
5. According to Ooota, what is regarded as neither greater or lesser than any other?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author borrow money for?
2. How does the tribe communicate with the four camels they encounter?
3. During the tribal ceremony what is the author asked to embody the spirit and way of?
4. What is among the grove of trees as the tribe walks?
5. What does the author teach the tribe after the celebration?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author go about realizing the "grace" of the universe?
2. How do the Aboriginal teachings help the author adjust back into civilization?
3. What does Story Teller reveal to the author?
4. How does the tribe treat the elderly female camel after she is killed?
5. What happens when the author prays to the Oneness for water?
6. Describe the core experience of all Mutants as opposed to The Real People?
7. Describe the person that the author shares her destiny, as foretold by the man in the coffee shop and Secret Keeper.
8. What do the animals represent, according to The Real People?
9. What does the cave hold inside of it?
10. What do The Real People draw in the sand as the author's totem, yet they have not seen it?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)