|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author hallucinate about on the third day without water, food, or shelter?
(a) her friends back home.
(b) her childhood and family.
(c) her health deteriorating.
(d) the tribal members unkindness.
2. What word is ref-defined for the author?
3. What does the author see in the distance that is completely out of place in the flatness of the desert?
(a) a hill.
(b) a mound.
(c) a grassy patch.
(d) a mountain.
4. What does the author borrow money for?
(a) to buy food.
(b) for water.
(c) for shelter.
(d) to make a phone call.
5. How is the flock of large and brightly colored birds killed?
(d) shot gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author realize about the universe after 3 days without food, water, or shelter
2. What is an immediate event in which the Aboriginal teachings helped the author?
3. With whom does the author share her destiny?
4. Which member of the tribe has a celebration involving a banquet and a storytelling in her honor?
5. How do some of the tribal people feel about sitting across from the "mutant"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do The Real People draw in the sand as the author's totem, yet they have not seen it?
2. What happens when the author prays to the Oneness for water?
3. What is the purpose of the spider-webbed hides and Spirit Woman?
4. What is the significance of the green leaf?
5. What does Ooota say is the way The Real People understand the word talent?
6. What does the author lose track of and one day wakes up thinking about?
7. What gifts do Time Keeper and Memory Keeper hold?
8. What does Kindred to Large Animals make an offer for and what happens as a result?
9. Describe the walk that the author is told to take the lead?
10. What do the tribes know about Jesus?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)