|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does the tribe draw in the sand and say is the author's totem?
2. Who is the author saved by after the storm?
(a) member of the tribe.
(c) Spirit Woman.
(d) Female Healer.
3. Which member of the tribe has a celebration involving a banquet and a storytelling in her honor?
(a) Kindred to Large Animals.
(b) Spirit Woman.
(c) Female Healer.
(d) Secret Keeper.
4. What does the author catch herself doing regarding her thinking pattern?
(a) she's slid back into old ways of thinking.
(b) she's permanently altered her mind.
(c) she's changed her mindset.
(d) she goes in and out of thought.
5. What does the author teach the tribe after the celebration?
(b) North American classic dance.
(c) North American country dances.
(d) Jazz dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an immediate event in which the Aboriginal teachings helped the author?
2. With whom does the author share her destiny?
3. What object stays tantalizingly out of walking distance?
4. What does the author hear as she prays to the Oneness for help in finding water?
5. How does the tribe communicate with the four camels they encounter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the cave hold inside of it?
2. Describe the person that the author shares her destiny, as foretold by the man in the coffee shop and Secret Keeper.
3. What gifts do Time Keeper and Memory Keeper hold?
4. How does the author get released back into society?
5. What does the author lose track of and one day wakes up thinking about?
6. How does the tribe define the term "talent"?
7. Where is the author led and why is it significant?
8. What do the tribes know about Jesus?
9. What does Story Teller reveal to the author?
10. What does the killing of the snakes for food represent to the tribe?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)