|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the state of the young Aboriginal people appear to the author?
(a) marrying young and raising children.
(b) acclimated to their surroundings.
(c) intoxicated on alcohol and drugs.
(d) sad but coping through education and programs.
2. Where does the setting of the book take place?
3. What is symbolic of Western culture's emphasis on the unnecessary over the basic?
(a) clothes and jewelry.
(b) cars and houses.
(c) spouses and children.
(d) gravy and icing.
4. What do the tribe members reveal about their names?
(a) they are given by the gods.
(b) they are an indication of the individuals talent.
(c) they are ignored and seen as trite and insignificant.
(d) they were given upon birth.
5. What has happened to the young man that has delayed his journey?
(a) he has encountered danger.
(b) he has fallen ill.
(c) he has lost his way.
(d) he has suffered injury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author immediately suffer injuries to from thorny grass called spinifex?
2. What does the tribe engage in during the process of returning Great Stone Hunter to his original healthy state?
3. What does the author most hope to convey through writing the book?
4. Who does the man who reads the author's palm say she will meet while she is in Australia?
5. What is the special herbal tea drunk in celebration of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Aborigines speak of doing as a desire to change the trajectory of their future?
2. What happens to the author that spikes a feeling of horror in her?
3. Desribe the journey Marlo is about to undertake?
4. What is the brief disclaimer given by the author?
5. What is the one experience in Australia that has made the author unhappy?
6. How does the author learn she has been accepted by the natives?
7. What do the tribe members reveal about their names?
8. What does the author suggest about indigenous people?
9. What kind of acceptance ritual occurs as they all prepare to sleep?
10. How is Great Stone Hunter healed?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)