|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main character do for a living?
(b) business woman.
(c) graphic designer.
(d) health care practitioner.
2. What does the author marvel at as she releases the pain of walking and walks into the Outback?
(a) the rise of the land in front of her.
(b) the circling falcon and sips of water.
(c) the sky and the plains.
(d) Ooota and his people.
3. How does a human being give honor to their universally connected being?
(a) by giving.
(b) by creating.
(c) by taking.
(d) by loving.
4. What object does Tool Maker reconstruct while Ooota points out that the tribe does not make judgement of other peoples belief?
(a) a star.
(b) a cross.
(c) an anvil.
(d) a crescent moon.
5. What does the author watch in horror as it burns?
(a) her hair.
(b) her shoes.
(c) her valuable ring.
(d) her clothes and jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does the tribe give the author?
2. What kind of ceremony did the author receive an invitation for?
3. What happens after the young man arrives ?
4. How does the state of the young Aboriginal people appear to the author?
5. Where does the author arrive at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the author taken and what happens once she gets there?
2. What do The Real People believe that illness and/or injury is really an opportunity for?
3. Desribe the journey Marlo is about to undertake?
4. What do the Aborigines speak of doing as a desire to change the trajectory of their future?
5. What is the author instructed to do after the driver and author arrive at the settlement?
6. Why does the author end up buried in the sand?
7. How does the author learn she has been accepted by the natives?
8. Why does the tribe separate into two groups?
9. What do the members of the tribe seem to be working together to create and how does the author respond?
10. What does Regal Black Swan tell the author about the flies and why they are here to help and how she cannot survive without them?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)