|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the driver introduce himself as when they arrive at the settlement?
(a) an American.
(b) a leader in education.
(c) a tribal elder.
(d) the authors interpreter.
2. What kind of performance does the author watch the natives perform?
(a) a purification ritual.
(b) a celebration of life.
(c) a rhythmic dance.
(d) a rain dance.
3. How does the state of the young Aboriginal people appear to the author?
(a) acclimated to their surroundings.
(b) sad but coping through education and programs.
(c) marrying young and raising children.
(d) intoxicated on alcohol and drugs.
4. What is the author learning to do in ways she had never learned before?
(a) to feed herself physically and spiritually.
(b) to love and care for herself.
(c) to forgive herself.
(d) to love and care for others.
5. What kind of "process" does the author undergo that involves smoke?
(a) a religious process.
(b) an inspirational process.
(c) a detoxification process.
(d) a purification process.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author notice about the state of the tribe?
2. What name does the tribe give the author?
3. What is symbolic of Western culture's emphasis on the unnecessary over the basic?
4. What kind of attention does the author's work receive?
5. What do the tribesman cook that the author thinks she cannot eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the members of the tribe seem to be working together to create and how does the author respond?
2. What happens to the author that spikes a feeling of horror in her?
3. What is the thematic pattern that is apparent in this quest narrative?
4. Explain what Ooota means when he says that mental telepathy is the preferred means of communication for The Real People (Aborigines)?
5. How does the author learn she has been accepted by the natives?
6. How is Great Stone Hunter healed?
7. What happens to the author's feet as a result of the initial walkabout?
8. Describe the main character in "A Woman's Journey Into Dreamtime Australia"?
9. What do the tribe members reveal about their names?
10. What does the author feel as Ooota simply starts walking without any announcement?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)