|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author arrive at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) a friend's house in Australia.
(b) the Outback.
(c) the Sydney airport.
(d) a hotel in Australia.
2. What does the man who reads the author's palm tell her about why she has come to Australia?
(a) to realize she loves her home and must return.
(b) to become a humanitarian.
(c) to fulfill her destiny.
(d) to fulfill the destiny of the Aboriginal people.
3. What does the author begin to understand she is respecting about the land and the people of Australia?
(a) sustaining her own security .
(b) sustaining the friendships she has made.
(c) sustaining the life force in all things.
(d) sustaining health.
4. What does the author hope will help the reader understand the core message of the book?
(a) the way of life conveyed.
(b) the meaning of the events.
(c) the truth of the natives.
(d) the dialogue of the people.
5. How long is a "walkabout"
(a) a year long trek.
(b) a one month trek.
(c) a six month trek.
(d) a three month trek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of "process" does the author undergo that involves smoke?
2. What does the author refer to when she speaks of the one experience in Australia that has made her unhappy?
3. How old is the main character of the book?
4. What object does the author remember the woman back in America causes herself increasing stress over?
5. What did the author design in order to help young Aborigines to take a position and use their skills?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)