|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the tribe members reveal about their names?
(a) they were given upon birth.
(b) they are ignored and seen as trite and insignificant.
(c) they are given by the gods.
(d) they are an indication of the individuals talent.
2. What does the author decide to do when Ooota takes the lead on the walkabout?
(a) to go one mile.
(b) to let Ooota lead freely.
(c) to commit to the experience.
(d) to only go so far .
3. What does the author sleep on after they all share a special herb tea?
(a) a bundle of hides.
(b) a pile of sticks.
(c) a few heaps of sand.
(d) a child's sleeping bag.
4. How is the author told to handle the pain she feels from the spinifex?
(a) wrap her feet.
(b) wash her feet in water.
(c) massage her feet.
(d) ignore the pain.
5. What does the author have to forgive herself for?
(a) her racism.
(b) her anger.
(c) her past.
(d) her elitism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the book primarily inspired after?
2. Who is the author met by when she arrives?
3. What does the author refer to when she speaks of the one experience in Australia that has made her unhappy?
4. What are the members of the tribe working together to create?
5. What has happened to the young man that has delayed his journey?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)