|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author arrive at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) the Sydney airport.
(b) a friend's house in Australia.
(c) a hotel in Australia.
(d) the Outback.
2. What is the name of the author's guide?
3. What does the author most hope to convey through writing the book?
(a) the history of the Aborigine people.
(b) a core spiritual truth.
(c) a new religion.
(d) a new way of life.
4. What does the author refer to when she speaks of the one experience in Australia that has made her unhappy?
(a) the state of the Aborigines.
(b) the quality of the air.
(c) the abandonment of natural resources.
(d) the state of the education system.
5. What does the man who reads the author's palm tell her about why she has come to Australia?
(a) to become a humanitarian.
(b) to realize she loves her home and must return.
(c) to fulfill the destiny of the Aboriginal people.
(d) to fulfill her destiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of "process" does the author undergo that involves smoke?
2. What kind of performance does the author watch the natives perform?
3. What is the name of the native Australian people?
4. What kind of narrative is the book?
5. What does the disclaimer suggest is the genre of the book?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)