|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the author and driver met by when they arrive at the small settlement?
(a) a middle-aged man.
(b) a tribal elder.
(c) a little girl and her brother.
(d) two middle-aged women.
2. Where does the author arrive at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) a hotel in Australia.
(b) a friend's house in Australia.
(c) the Sydney airport.
(d) the Outback.
3. What kind of "process" does the author undergo that involves smoke?
(a) a religious process.
(b) a purification process.
(c) a detoxification process.
(d) an inspirational process.
4. What is the book primarily inspired after?
(a) a spiritual desire.
(d) actual experience.
5. What does the author most hope to convey through writing the book?
(a) the history of the Aborigine people.
(b) a core spiritual truth.
(c) a new way of life.
(d) a new religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the main character of the book?
2. What does the author marvel at as she releases the pain of walking and walks into the Outback?
3. What does the author watch in horror as it burns?
4. What does the disclaimer suggest is the genre of the book?
5. What is the name of the main character?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)