|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musui decide to do after he stops his wife from committing an act?
2. Who takes the money Musui raises for a shrine?
3. How old is Musui when he writes this book?
4. What does Tatewaki do when he first sees Musui?
5. How does Musui correspond with his father after he runs away a second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Josuke do when he is hired by Magoichiro?
2. What happens when Rintaro is attacked by a dog?
3. What funny thing happened during the fight with Kuma?
4. Why does Musui return home when he runs away for the second time?
5. What does Musui blame for his low estate retirement?
6. What surprises Kiheiji when Musui sees him after his marriage?
7. How does Musui get sympathy after ruining the family name again?
8. What does Musui say made his life fun?
9. How does Josuke get paid in the end?
10. Why does Musui agree to help in the conflict between Josuke and Magoichiro?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the overall message of this book, and how is it portrayed?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Kokichi have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)