|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musui's made up personna get him while he is running away the second time?
2. How does Musui correspond with his father after he runs away a second time?
3. What act does Musui have to stop his wife from committing?
4. Whom does Musui lend money to after retiring?
5. Who tells Musui he has to stop his wife from committing a certain act?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Musui support himself while staying with Tatekawi?
2. Why does Musui agree to help in the conflict between Josuke and Magoichiro?
3. What is Musui's punishment for running away a second time?
4. How does Musui get sympathy after ruining the family name again?
5. How does Musui get across the border when he runs away the second time?
6. What surprises Kiheiji when Musui sees him after his marriage?
7. How does Josuke get paid in the end?
8. How does Musui get special privileges when he runs away the second time?
9. How does Musui get revenge on Saburoemon?
10. What does Musui learn after Rintaro is attacked by a dog?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways Musui made money in his life, and what do each of these endeavors reveal about his nature?
Essay Topic 2
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how did that pursuit affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)