|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musui dream about after retiring?
2. What kind of business does Musui protect with his mafia?
3. Why is Josuke imprisoned?
4. Why does Musui take revenge on someone after retiring?
5. Musui makes pilgrimages to ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Musui return home when he runs away for the second time?
2. What happens to the dishonest cloth merchant?
3. How does Musui get revenge on Saburoemon?
4. How does Musui get special privileges when he runs away the second time?
5. What happens when Musui helps Okunu?
6. What is Musui's punishment for running away a second time?
7. What happens when Yamaguchi becomes an administrator?
8. Why does Musui agree to help in the conflict between Josuke and Magoichiro?
9. How does Musui make a great deal of money for himself after he retires?
10. How does Musui get across the border when he runs away the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of punishments does Musui undergo in this book, and what does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how did their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Were these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do Musui and his son differ from each other? Why?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)